Gabriel Obertan | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

liking that video, great pace, skill and acceleration and he looks pretty direct as well!!!

datura

Just from looking at the videos he seems like a winger who likes to go outside the full back, much like Valencia. We haven't had a winger like that for a while as Nani, Park and Ronaldo all used predominantly cut inside rather than trying to get to the byeline in recent years.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
When his contract is coming closer to its end we'll most likely see it. Why would we see it now? Unless a club comes in for him offering him huge wages - City, Madrid or Chelsea for example.
that's unfortunate but that's speculation. It's certainly not fact but if it happens feel free to remind me ;) i'm confident, if he gets the games there will be no problems

nimic

something nice
Scout
After the disappointment of losing Ronaldo, and then the disappointment of Tevez being a fecking twat, this transfer season has recovered somewhat. Valencia could turn out very well for us; who knows what Owen might accomplish at a club like United (and he was free!); and Obertan, someone who I don't know very much about myself, but what I do know is that he's regarded as a rather big prospect.

championo

Top Stalker
Deffo Henryesque..deffo:drool:
Exactly, ever since SAF saw how Henry developed, he has been looking for that type of player for a long long time. Bellion was not it, he is counting on this lad.
I bet if only Henry will be like Owen, SAF would have signed him up in a heart beat.

lao

Exactly, ever since SAF saw how Henry developed, he has been looking for that type of player for a long long time. Bellion was not it, he is counting on this lad.
I bet if only Henry will be like Owen, SAF would have signed him up in a heart beat.
Small, injury prone, english, ex-dipper and out of form?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Bordeaux starlet Gabriel Obertan has insisted he would not be interested in joining Chelsea or Manchester United.

The 17-year-old has been a revelation for Bordeaux this season and has been linked with a move to the Premiership.

Both Chelsea and United monitored his progress before he signed professional terms with Les Girondins in July, but Obertan has stressed that he never seriously considered a switch to England.

He is keen to make an impression at Bordeaux, and dreams of one day playing for Milan.

"I was not attracted (by Chelsea or Manchester United). To leave and not play would be useless," he said.

"First I want to make a name for myself in France, and then go to Italy or Spain.

"Milan would be very classy. There is such a history at that club. But I am more than happy at Bordeaux at the moment.

Experienced Bordeaux forward Jean-Claude Darcheville (pictured) believes Obertan is destined for great things, and has likened the youngster to Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo due to his talent for dribbling.

"The boy is shy, he doesn't talk a lot, but listens to everyone," said Darcheville.

"He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, but better. And he will be better."

This is from 2006. Another one with a Spanish dream.

Mainoldo

Bordeaux starlet Gabriel Obertan has insisted he would not be interested in joining Chelsea or Manchester United.

The 17-year-old has been a revelation for Bordeaux this season and has been linked with a move to the Premiership.

Both Chelsea and United monitored his progress before he signed professional terms with Les Girondins in July, but Obertan has stressed that he never seriously considered a switch to England.

He is keen to make an impression at Bordeaux, and dreams of one day playing for Milan.

"I was not attracted (by Chelsea or Manchester United). To leave and not play would be useless," he said.

"First I want to make a name for myself in France, and then go to Italy or Spain.

"Milan would be very classy. There is such a history at that club. But I am more than happy at Bordeaux at the moment.

Experienced Bordeaux forward Jean-Claude Darcheville (pictured) believes Obertan is destined for great things, and has likened the youngster to Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo due to his talent for dribbling.

"The boy is shy, he doesn't talk a lot, but listens to everyone," said Darcheville.

This is from 2006. Another one with a Spanish dream.
Looks like a change of plan!!

He has got unbelievable quick feet though....

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia

I'm really wanting this bit to be true, well become true.

Selling your best player to Madrid, 80 million
Signing a better replacement for 3 million, priceless

Would make a great banner at OT :lol:

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
There's something really exciting about new, virtually unknown players. It doesn't always work out, but it's always good to anticipate.

steerterry50

If were that rich we can invest in potential (the new bellion) no problem but we need someone now

Jaapster

There's something really exciting about new, virtually unknown players. It doesn't always work out, but it's always good to anticipate.
I'm with you on this one,who knows what hes going to do?
But thats the thrill of it all,every premiership manager will now be trying to find out as much information on him as possible,and all we have got is a youtube clip of him,Everybody knows if hes a sensation then its how he will cope in his second season,I cant wait to see him,i really cant .

The difference to spending 30 million on someone is because you know very little about them and that sometimes makes a big difference,one thing he has got is pace.

The gentleman who mentioned Liam miller, yes i agree he was mentioned as the new roy keane but we all knew it would be hard to fill those boots.

The new Henry perhaps?who knows but for 3 million quid who really cares it gives us something to wind the scousers up with(apart from Michael owen)

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I am happy with the signing of Obertan, mainly because the reported fee of £3m is inferior to the standard price for a promising winger.

Besides I heard a few interviews from him recently and he sounds rather clever, which is always useful even on a football pitch. Apparently he has the Baccalauréat in France, which equals to GCSE in Literature hence he must have notions of English, not as much as me of course (:cool:), but respectably enough that would enable him to settle in quickly.
Fits well with this quote from Sir:

"Gabriel is a player we have tracked for a few years now, but because of his educational programme our efforts to get him here have always been delayed"

Quite encouraging IMO. Seems like a serious lad.

Chris H

Video Posting God
I'm really wanting this bit to be true, well become true.

Selling your best player to Madrid, 80 million
Signing a better replacement for 3 million, priceless
Signing the EBTTBPITW (Even Better Than The Best Player In The World) might be a bit much to hope for. Sir Alex has been good in the transfer market lately, but that's asking an awful lot. At £3m, I'd be thrilled with him becoming a United quality squad member. Would be a top-notch piece of business.
But thats the thrill of it all,every premiership manager will now be trying to find out as much information on him as possible
They won't though, because no Premiership manager will expect him to start for United this season. If he were league-ready right now, for a club with United's expectations of performance, he wouldn't have gone for £3m at the age of 20. Attacking players of that caliber cost £20m.

If he improves his finishing and end product then we will be looking at a very special attacking player. There is not a lot wrong with his game at the moment. Someone with his unique abilities should be finding the net on a more regular basis. Ronaldo developed beyond all recognition when he joined us and lets hope a similar transformation can occur here. It should be interesting to watch what happens.

lao

Eh? On a period are we? No wonder you deserve to be called a Real Cock. Can't even take a simple piss take ffs.
So cocks have periods now? Even a piss take should have some reason behind it. Or the reason might just be that you're browsing a thread of a player that you haven't even seen running on a youtube clip and you want it subscribed to get to know him better? Constructive input by the way.

Alex

hope he is not the new bellion who is said to have same speed of henry!

btw, why do we sign so many wingers: tosic, nani, park, obertan, valencia......
...because we are trying to replace the best in the world

karan316

I believe that Ferguson has signed Obertan because he sees him as the closest thing to a young Ronaldo that there is. Think about it, all the attributes are there -

- pacy
- two-footed
- skillful, great dribbler
- has the physique to match; 186 cm and doesnt get knocked off the ball easily

On the downside, his finishing and decision making certainly need a lot of work.

I think the biggest factor which determines whether these talented youngsters fulfill their potential is their own mentality. At a club like United, they have all the facilities available to them - ample first team opportunities, the best training, playing alongside the best players, etc. Someone like Ronaldo, you could see the ambition, he really wanted to be the best in the world. Perhaps the same is not true for Nani. Lets hope it is for Obertan, because the raw attributes seem to be there.

ronnie dazzler

hope he is not the new bellion who is said to have same speed of henry!

btw, why do we sign so many wingers: tosic, nani, park, obertan, valencia......
its the risk you take though sometimes...henry was a bit of a headless chicken at same age. Sometimes they mature, sometimes they don't. SAF sees enough in him to take the chance.

Acquire Me

I have seen him play sometimes, great talent imo. Can become a real great if he develope further.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
He will have fun.

Seeing as he is a Frenchie, I assume Evra is set to look after him.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Signing the EBTTBPITW (Even Better Than The Best Player In The World) might be a bit much to hope for. Sir Alex has been good in the transfer market lately, but that's asking an awful lot. At £3m, I'd be thrilled with him becoming a United quality squad member. Would be a top-notch piece of business.They won't though, because no Premiership manager will expect him to start for United this season. If he were league-ready right now, for a club with United's expectations of performance, he wouldn't have gone for £3m at the age of 20. Attacking players of that caliber cost £20m.
Robin van Persie? Fees don't dictate quality all of them time. As for you saying he's reported cheap so he can't be good, how do you know what the fee is? That £3 mill was reported by some paper in france and others have run with it. Their fans mentioned a 50% sell on fee. Now that in a few years time may be higher than a £20 mill initial outlay and if united agreed to it, it'd indicate just how highly they rate him.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Would I be the 1st one to say hand him the number 26 shirt?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
How on earth could the club make such a disgraceful decision and take Black Pele's soon-to-be-retired number and give it to a newcomer?
Well TBF it doesn't look like Manucho will remain with us much longer..

Status
Not open for further replies.