Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sylar

Just watched this clip from an earlier season and towards the end Melisandre says to Arya "we will meet again". Do we think that's something the writers have forgotten and if not, in what circumstances could they meet again?

I think it will happen and it will probably be Winterfell or the Wall they see each other. I think Arya will take her training to be faceless but use that whilst still being Arya (I mean she hid needle right? She will be a Stark again, so probably "fail" the last step but have the knowledge to join up with her remaining family.

3KDré

Just watched this clip from an earlier season and towards the end Melisandre says to Arya "we will meet again". Do we think that's something the writers have forgotten and if not, in what circumstances could they meet again?

I think it will happen and it will probably be Winterfell or the Wall they see each other. I think Arya will take her training to be faceless but use that whilst still being Arya (I mean she hid needle right? She will be a Stark again, so probably "fail" the last step but have the knowledge to join up with her remaining family.
Having just watched that Melisandre talked about her losing all those eyes. She essentially predicted Arya becoming a faceless man (woman?). She then said we'll meet again. This could be a huge easter egg with regards to what's happening to Arya and up north.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Having just watched that Melisandre talked about her losing all those eyes. She essentially predicted Arya becoming a faceless man (woman?). She then said we'll meet again. This could be a huge easter egg with regards to what's happening to Arya and up north.
I think a contract will take her back west and, Arya being (still?) Arya does her own thing afterwards and tries to trim down her list. Maybe the Ginger Lady is the contract for burning Stannis' daughter to death.

Fully Fledged

So in one of the trailers before Jon Snows revival, Tormund says something like " I thought he was the man to lead us in the darkness".... Was this just a complete troll by the writers!?
No he's just dropped the mic. That could be said just after Jon quitting.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Various random combined theories/speculation;

First, I think there will be some point, probably not this season, but where the White Walkers will destroy the Wall. It seems a bit convenient that there is this huge wall (made of ice, no less) that nobody seems to have any real explanation for, but is crucial for the defence of the Seven Kingdoms. Then you have a bunch of supernatural attackers/invaders who are very closely associated with yes...ice. For those who have played the Mass Effect series, similar sort of theme to the Citadel.

I am imagining it as a huge cliffhanging/ending where the Walkers will approach, there will be some brief sort of face off scene, and they will say a few words and the wall will simply shatter. Would be very epic and cinematic no doubt.

Second crazy theory I read on some shitty Facebook page, not sure if it has been mentioned here yet, but; in the most recent episode of BranVision, young Ned seemed to be able to hear Bran when he shouted (in a very limited way). If we extrapolate on Bran a bit, lets imagine that he goes back and starts viewing the Mad King. He decides he will try to change history by influencing the Mad King and preventing all that tyranny from happening. He is talking to Aerys, but all Aerys hears are voices in his head and whispers. Effectively it is Bran going back doing this that causes Aerys to go mad - a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. Bit random but would be fairly cool.

My personal crazy theory is to do with Varys. We remember way back in season 1 (or perhaps 2) that the small council is ordered to assassinate Daenerys. We know that they sent at least one assassin (which was killed by Barristan Selmy if I recall). I think it is possible that Varys was in fact sent to finish the job, by infiltrating Dany's inner circle, sabotaging her reign to delay her coming back to Westeros any time soon and ultimately, killing her when the opportunity arises. He is essentially the leader of the Sons of the Harpy - after all Harpies are half birds, and we know about Varys and his birds.

Sylar

Yes. Take back the north. Glad the reunion happened straight away, not waiting around.

How i missed Little Finger and his 1,000 different accents he can muster up. Sometimes in the same episode too.

Sylar

Ok, that ending was pretty damn badass.

There will be war this season. Littlefinger looks to be taking his charge to help Sansa (and well by that Jon Snow) vs Ramsay.

And of course the war at Kings Landing will happen too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dany finally got her fecking army, so glad they're not drawing any of this stuff out. Great episode, so hype for the northern alliance too!

Sylar

For what many said would be a "filler", that was a fun episode.

Im kinda hoping for a little bit of good, with Jon Snow capturing Ramsay, but not killing him. Instead leaving it to Sansa to do it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really liked that episode. Lots of stuff is now in motion.

About time Dany did something badass. Naked Dany is always good too. She does have chubby arms though, 4/10.

We finally get a Stark reunion and Sansa is in full-on Queen of the North mode and we're going to get the Battle of the Bastards.

Littlefinger has mobilised the Knights of the Vale.

Tyrells and Lannisters have had enough of the High Sparrow's shite monologuing and are going to do something about it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Good to see Blondie start something interesting again. But I don't think that was her nude...

I wish they'd just get on with fighting at Kings Landing. There's a lot of moving pieces in the North, so I can see the obvious Bolton v. Stark war lasting until the end of this season. But Kings Landing has been boring for awhile now.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I was laughing hard at Ramsey's letter, it sounded exactly like something that psychopathic idiot would write without someone proof reading it.

I got your brother, come and see
I will feck your sister, come and see
I'll gouge your eyeballs, come and see
I'm the boss now, come and see. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feels a bit cheap Daenerys using that trick again like in season 1 to win everyone over.... Like don't they all know she can do that already and has dragons? Seems like an easy way for her to just get a huge army all of a sudden when she's in need of one.

Good episode overall though. Great to finally see a stark reunion. Been a very long time coming that.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Feels a bit cheap Daenerys using that trick again like in season 1 to win everyone over.... Like don't they all know she can do that already and has dragons? Seems like an easy way for her to just get a huge army all of a sudden when she's in need of one.

Good episode overall though. Great to finally see a stark reunion. Been a very long time coming that.
There was only a few dozen around when she pulled that stunt first. This was in a prominent building in the Dothraki capital, with all the leaders inside, and a multitude to witness it. Quite a different scenario.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There was only a few dozen around when she pulled that stunt first. This was in a prominent building in the Dothraki capital, with all the leaders inside, and a multitude to witness it. Quite a different scenario.
Well yeah, but like the music and everything was the same and it felt like they tried to fo for the same shock factor like the first time but thats obviously not there anymore. Is she going to do the same move every time now to impress a new city?

I get why they did it and all that, just not a fan of them reusing that type of scene for that effect when she did the same thing a few years ago to the same race of people for the same effect

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Loved it good to see Jon smile a little. That hug gave me goosebumps.
I was hoping Drogon would eat all of those Dothrakis who wanted to 'taste' Daenerys. I just want to see more dragons !

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liked the episode until that ending. Daenerys knocking down those flames one by one to kill everyone was really typical of her storyline which I usually find myself not particularly liking.

The stuff in the North was very good as usual. Didn't expect the reunion that early, but the direction that story is (unexpectedly) headed in is very good.

amolbhatia50k

I was laughing hard at Ramsey's letter, it sounded exactly like something that psychopathic idiot would write without someone proof reading it.

I got your brother, come and see
I will feck your sister, come and see
I'll gouge your eyeballs, come and see
I'm the boss now, come and see. :lol:
:lol: That was good.

amolbhatia50k

Good to see Blondie start something interesting again. But I don't think that was her nude...

I wish they'd just get on with fighting at Kings Landing. There's a lot of moving pieces in the North, so I can see the obvious Bolton v. Stark war lasting until the end of this season. But Kings Landing has been boring for awhile now.
Why did Cesei ask Grandma Tyrell to bring her army and not used the Kings own army instead? Seems a convenient way to weaken the Tyrell's themselves.

kotha

fecker killed Osha..:mad: And here I was thinking she would do something to help Rickon.. Guess that's one more Stark down.. :rolleyes:

The ending was nice!! Good to see everyone getting ready for a fight.. Anyone else think she is going to kill the Yunkai slave masters on her way back now? Leaving the deal tyrion negotiated dead in the water??

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Why did Cesei ask Grandma Tyrell to bring her army and not used the Kings own army instead? Seems a convenient way to weaken the Tyrell's themselves.
Yeah, Cersei thinks she can play her way out of this. And they mentioned the Tyrell's having the second largest army. It'd be too obvious for them to simply team up and crush the Sparrows, though.

Also looks like Arya has been given a difficult assignment. Maybe one that takes her back to the West...?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Liked the episode until that ending. Daenerys knocking down those flames one by one to kill everyone was really typical of her storyline which I usually find myself not particularly liking.

The stuff in the North was very good as usual. Didn't expect the reunion that early, but the direction that story is (unexpectedly) headed in is very good.
It was incredibly stupid the way they filmed it IMO. I mean I have no problem with her burning them but the way it happened, it felt weird.

amolbhatia50k

It was incredibly stupid the way they filmed it IMO. I mean I have no problem with her burning them but the way it happened, it felt weird.
Super weird.

Didn't even like how it played out either. Typical Daenerys. Waltzes into a room, acts all big-time charlie and somehow managers to defeat everyone around her by pushing furniture over.

Norris

I liked that episode. Before I go on reviewing it, can someone tell me what place was on the map in the intro right before it pans into Mereen? I don't think I have ever seen that in previous intro's.

About the episode,
Lovely stuff at the North and at King's Landing. Great to see that reunion between Snow and Sansa and now throwing Baelish into the mix, I expect a kickass battle by episode 7. Though, I do wonder what happens to the wall when that happens. Kings Landing was good too. It can't be as simple as Lannisters and Tyrell's joining forces to overthrow the High sparrow, you know Cersei has more planned for sure.

Osha's gone, well that's that. Ramsay using the same knife to cut his apple was pretty gross.... And his letter was like some psycho trapped in a kid's body kind of writing. I like Daenyrs's ending too, although I feel like the show really doesn't have too many ideas on how to do alternatives to similar stories. First Arya, now Dany, too much of the same stuff to progress a story. But how the hell did she not get burnt...:|

Tyrion is gonna get in some trouble isn't he ?? I can already sense it. Too much foreshadowing in the scenes with him.

In a way, I think the show did a good thing by focussing more on each storyline and giving it more than 5 minutes, than what they did in the previous episode.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Sylar

Lovely stuff at the North and at King's Landing. Great to see that reunion between Snow and Sansa and now throwing Baelish into the mix, I expect a kickass battle by episode 7. Though, I do wonder what happens to the wall when that happens. Kings Landing was good too. It can't be as simple as Lannisters and Tyrell's joining forces to overthrow the High sparrow, you know Cersei has more planned for sure.
IM expecting Lannisters to play Tyrells where they pit most of Tyrells army vs High Sparrows peoples. There was a big push on Tyrells having second biggest army so using Marges capture to manipulate the situation is the best method. Its pretty much the best situation for Cersei, shes not a fan of Marge anyway, so if she goes, whatever. Plus whoever wins will most likely lose a significant part of their army and not be favoured by the people in KL.

Mal donaghy

Ok, that ending was pretty damn badass.

There will be war this season. Littlefinger looks to be taking his charge to help Sansa (and well by that Jon Snow) vs Ramsay.

And of course the war at Kings Landing will happen too.
Don't get this why is little finger trying to help Sansa , when he gift wrapped her to rapist Ramsey !! What's the craic there then ??

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Don't get this why is little finger trying to help Sansa , when he gift wrapped her to rapist Ramsey !! What's the craic there then ??
He's manipulating everyone. Boltons are currently the biggest threat in the North. I think he was simply manipulating the kid and the commander to ensure they do what he wants and thats to get his army into the fight. They have sat on their arses all show so far and I seem to recall in Season 1 theyre well known for being good fighters. War mongering!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Also loving the wilding chief whos name I always forget being fascinated by Brienne. :lol:

Only critism I have of this thread is not enough Davos. I thought he'd be stuck to Snows side but he was missing in the letter scene no?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

They are not from the tribe she was part of so seeing a thing done is different from hearing a Rumour about it.

Sylar

I also liked how this time it wasnt anything to do with dragons. Dany wants to be a leader, but has been saved a few times when in trouble. This time however, she planned it and did it herself. It shows shes in charge and a leader. (though a bit mad going with that, unless she knew for sure she was 100% fire / burnproof, which they have hinted towards throughout the season).

Speaking of mad, given shes daughter of mad King (right? Thats how shes related?) - would be funny if its a targaryen thing that they all go mad eventually

Sylar

Also loving the wilding chief whos name I always forget being fascinated by Brienne. :lol:

Only critism I have of this thread is not enough Davos. I thought he'd be stuck to Snows side but he was missing in the letter scene no?
Tormund? Yes haha. The way he looked at Brienne whilst eating and her look of disgust was awesome. :lol: