Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Deleted member 101472

I hope they do leak the episodes, that's a 4 hour marathon I can get behind

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Should have listened to Olenna. Stop listening to wise men and go with your gut.
To be fair, Olenna should've probably stationed more than about 10 men in her castle considering it was a time of war...

Dante

Average bang
After Cersei delivered the poisonous kiss to the Sand Snake, it took about 2 seconds for her to make the way up to her chamber! Her room in the castle must be several flights upstairs. Why didn't the writers show her walking up all the steps for the next 5 minutes? The time travelling this season is ridiculous. Takes me right out of the moment when an action leads directly to its consequence. I want to see as much pointless walking as possible.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
After Cersei delivered the poisonous kiss to the Sand Snake, it took about 2 seconds for her to make the way up to her chamber! Her room in the castle must be several flights upstairs. Why didn't the writers show her walking up all the steps for the next 5 minutes? The time travelling this season is ridiculous. Takes me right out of the moment when an action leads directly to its consequence. I want to see as much pointless walking as possible.
:nono::lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The amount of invisible armies in this episode is staggering. Invisible fleet is making its second appearance in only three episodes. Seems only the good guys' army is visible. Also they attack in broad daylight and all. Why does everything have to be stupid?

Hammerfell

:lol: yes.

Sylar

:D:lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
:lol: You make too much sense. Get out!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If that passes as witty around here, it's no wonder series-watchers-only do not notice a drop in quality and overall lack of any fecking sense.

Good night.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The amount of invisible armies in this episode is staggering. Invisible fleet is making its second appearance in only three episodes. Seems only the good guys' army is visible. Also they attack in broad daylight and all. Why does everything have to be stupid?
What invisible armies are you blabbering about? You mean you find it hard to believe in the element of surprise? Study some god damn history. Gee attacking in broad daylight during a time when swords and spears are the main weapons....yeah that is totally weird. Never would happen.....ever.

Sylar

It does seem some (not all) book readers are annoyed things arent playing out the way they wanted or expected it to.
Or the directors have done in a different direction.

No doubt some of the dialogue isnt as good (although I really enjoyed it in the last episode) but it is, what it is.

Im expecting the same complaints the next episode :) Hopefully more teleportation happens. :drool:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:houllier: wtf do people expect when it's been announced for months that the number of episodes has been reduced ?? Do you expect the show to keep the same pace, same dialogues, same everything as in previous seasons? They have to rush it so things will be rushed duh!

RoyH1

A very enjoyable episode. I got a real kick at seeing all these characters that have never shared the screen at the same time, or haven't since season one, crossing paths.

Sansa showed some governing skills but I'm still
pretty certain that she'll be manipulated by Littlefinger into betraying Jon. Littlefinger will have to be a lot more subtle about it, but ultimately he'll instill enough poison into her brain to do it. I jsut hope it's not violent when it happens. Maybe when knowledge of Jon's parentage comes to light, that will be the trigger?

Sylar

Just watched the ending scene again. Olenna going out like a freakin badass was great. I can see her words staying with Jamie for every bad action she does.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
'Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before...'

Brilliant episode!!

Cersei is playing a game of chess with Tyrion & outsmarting him in every way. Daenerys is going to be left with just dragons to attack King's Landing.

Loved seeing the scenes between Jon & Tyrion and Jamie & Olenna. Glad granny went out 'peacefully' whilst telling Jamie what she really did.

RoyH1

Just watched the ending scene again. Olenna going out like a freakin badass was great. I can see her words staying with Jamie for every bad action she does.
She was one badass lady all along. I'm glad Cersei didn't have the pleasure of torturing like she does with others.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: Fair point.

RDCR07

Everyone is talking about Sansa killing Jon Snow at the end but IF IF IF the realm survives the white walkers and both Dany and Snow are alive, then wouldnt Dany have more incentive to kill Snow than Sansa? Assuming of course his whole lineage history is out by then. I mean Snow will take his place on the Iron Throne leaving who ever is alive of the Starks to take over Winterfell anyway.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
:lol: bravo

buckooo1978

good episode but it is feeling a little rushed

Euron's fleet must have the only speedboat engines in Westeros

Sylar

Everyone is talking about Sansa killing Jon Snow at the end but IF IF IF the realm survives the white walkers and both Dany and Snow are alive, then wouldnt Dany have more incentive to kill Snow than Sansa? Assuming of course his whole lineage history is out by then. I mean Snow will take his place on the Iron Throne leaving who ever is alive of the Starks to take over Winterfell anyway.
Only if she turns full on heel. The only reason she isnt in charge right now is because she doesnt want to kill innocents (same reason it took her years to actually cross the sea).
This is all set up for her and Jon working together where Jon will prefer Dany over Cersei once he gets to know her (And vice versa). Dragonglass being a first step.

good episode but it is feeling a little rushed
Theres only 10 episodes left :(

She was one badass lady all along. I'm glad Cersei didn't have the pleasure of torturing like she does with others.
No doubt, and agreed. She wasnt a main player, but like Tywin, had such a presence. I did like their scenes together.

Moonred

Good episode. Well written dialogues, true to each character. Tyrion seems to be holding out for the big bangs at a later point of the season or the next. Enjoyable nonetheless.

RDCR07

Only if she turns full on heel. The only reason she isnt in charge right now is because she doesnt want to kill innocents (same reason it took her years to actually cross the sea).
This is all set up for her and Jon working together where Jon will prefer Dany over Cersei once he gets to know her (And vice versa). Dragonglass being a first step..
Oh I get that but if there is proof that Jon is Rhaegar's son then Dany has no claim to the throne. The question is how will she take that news?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Show's getting worse with every season. I swear the scene between Dany and Jon lastet at least 17 hours. I've seen spring come and go and those two were still talking. That wouldn't be bad, but they are not the best actors and the stuff they talk about seems to be completely pointless.
But the worst scenes are those with Cersei. Lena Headey can't act at all. If I have to endure her one more time standing right in front of the camera and keep talking for hours without showing even the slightest believable human emotion, I'll scream at my computer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I can't see Jon being that arsed about it (assuming he lives that long). He's always been a reluctant leader.

RDCR07

If that passes as witty around here, it's no wonder series-watchers-only do not notice a drop in quality and overall lack of any fecking sense.

Good night.
Show's getting worse with every season. I swear the scene between Dany and Jon lastet at least 17 hours. I've seen spring come and go and those two were still talking. That wouldn't be bad, but they are not the best actors and the stuff they talk about seems to be completely pointless.
But the worst scenes are those with Cersei. Lena Headey can't act at all. If I have to endure her one more time standing right in front of the camera and keep talking for hours without showing even the slightest believable human emotion, I'll scream at my computer.
Do all Germans whine about this show?:lol:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Really enjoyed that episode.

- Think Sansa for sure is at some point going to 'betray' John, with Littlefinger smirking in the background
- Bran's now a right weirdo, hopefully his story can kick on now, don't think he'll remain at Castle Black for that long
- Cersei scene with sandsnakes was done really well
- Lady Olenna scene was great
- Jon and Dany meeting was very passable and nowhere near as cringe as I thought it would be