Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What are the odds that Jon boy will have a run in with a White Walker who'll try to turn him but the lad is immune as he's already died & been resurrected?

Sylar

8 episodes left and people are still getting it wrong with regards to this thread.
TBH, this is the second time somebody has said "I know this for 100%" then back tracked :nervous:

Considering his personal history, and what happened to Robert's other bastard sons, I'd have thought he'd want to keep that information to himself.
which he did for years especially whilst working under the lannisters nose. But once he found out who he was meeting (Jon), hes the only one Gendry actually told (and his reasoning made sense imo)

Sweet jaysus. From reading this thread, I'm starting to think I'm one of the very few who actually enjoy this show.
Youre not. From reading around, it seems the caf is extra with their cricitism (especially when the same thing is pretty much said after each episode).
Dont get me wrong, I understand some of the criticism (eg Bronn dragging Jamie under water all the way across the water whilst under water and then going to walk to KL, lol), I love this show. Its probably in my top3 and am really enjoying this season.

Sylar

What are the odds that Jon boy will have a run in with a White Walker who'll try to turn him but the lad is immune as he's already died & been resurrected?
What if the undead army dont attack him as they think hes one of them? :lol:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
What if the undead army dont attack him as they think hes one of them? :lol:
You're tapping into a small theory I have, that the White Walkers clearly sense something in him and are aware of his heritage/possible future as Azor Ahai.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You're tapping into a small theory I have, that the White Walkers clearly sense something in him and are aware of his heritage/possible future as Azor Ahai.
Wonder if there's some sort of Stark/White Walker connection considering the Stark heritage within the north. Still feel like we'll see more to them than plain one-dimensional villains, hopefully.

iKnowNothing

Wonder if there's some sort of Stark/White Walker connection considering the Stark heritage within the north. Still feel like we'll see more to them than plain one-dimensional villains, hopefully.
I don't know if it is possible for the show runners to develop their character at this point in the show. Anything now will feel rushed.

I just hope the show runners don't turn around and make the white walkers as the good guys like how they did with "the company" on prison break :lol:

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Well, I think the White Walkers are simply something of a Frankenstein's monster and nothing more, an experiment gone wrong. The Children of the Forest thought they'd make for good killing machines during the ancient war with the First Men, but they became self-aware and decided to just wipe out the entire human race in Westeros (and as far as Essos, if the original tales of the Long Night are to be believed). Having said all that, the White Walkers are clearly capable of some form of negotiation - their deal with Craster is evidence of this - and they're clearly intelligent enough to wait until Westeros has been completely covered by winter so they can descend with the storm.

But the fact is they were defeated during the War for the Dawn and history is perhaps about to repeat itself in Game of Thrones. The War for the Dawn was won by different races and species banding together to save Westeros, but Azor Ahai, with his flaming sword, ultimately brought them forward out of the darkness and sent the White Walkers back to the Land of Always Winter. There they've had to sleep for thousands of years before another devastating winter arrived, essentially waiting for the conditions to be just right, and now they almost are. Winter has hit the North pretty hard but everything south of Winterfell remains relatively untouched. Snow hasn't fallen on King's Landing yet, but it will have to before the Night King dares to breach the Wall.

A lot of people are complaining that the White Walkers are being held back by the writers so they can get the story finished before the shit hits the fan, but the plot has already explored this. Alliser Thorne was sent south to King's Landing with a piece of dead hand to show them that wights exist, but it decomposed along the way. The Night King can't exactly have himself decomposing as he travels through the continent he's attempting to control. "The enemy won't wait out the storm, he brings the storm" as Jon so eloquently put it in the season six finale. As Frank Reynolds of It's Always Sunny once told us, meat spoils slower in a fridge.

And where does Jon come into this plan?

First off, he's clearly Azor Ahai reincarnate. Daenerys has fire-breathing dragons, Beric has his (admittedly significant) flaming sword, but Jon is this story. He is the song of ice and fire. Born under a bleeding star, back from the dead because the Lord of Light willed it. It all fits. But there have also been actual moments shared between Jon and the White Walkers - three of them were in the same episode ('Hardhome'). Jon and a Walker realised simultaneously that Valyrian steel can resist their weapons, and they shared that look; the Night King observed that incident and studied it closely; the third is simply that the Night King identified Jon as the leader and looked him dead in the eyes as he resurrected the dead.

They seem to show respect and reluctant admiration of Jon in ways they haven't with other human characters. They reveal genuine emotion when they're near him and are always keen to show him their powers. There's also a strong link between the Night King and Bran, but that's more easily explained: the Night King has the same ability of greensight, so he can detect Bran's warging whenever he's nearby. It's why he could gain a physical presence in Bran's visions, it's why he spotted the ravens in the previous episode. But while the relationship between Jon and the White Walkers is more complicated and less easily defined, there's still something spiritual - or prophetic - about it.

Pscholes18

Ffs this season took a turn for the worst....going to capture a ww so they can then show Cersi....Jesus wept ......I can only assume one of two things....the Dbl Ds are seriously tired of this show and they are just trying to get through it it as quickly as possible or they are throwing us fans a curve ball with this preposterous plot line.

Btw what was the note that was given to LF? Said something about Joffery, KL and was signed by Sansa.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Ffs this season took a turn for the worst....going to capture a ww so they can then show Cersi....Jesus wept ......I can only assume one of two things....the Dbl Ds are seriously tired of this show and they are just trying to get through it it as quickly as possible or they are throwing us fans a curve ball with this preposterous plot line.

Btw what was the note that was given to LF? Said something about Joffery, KL and was signed by Sansa.
Going after a wight, not a white walker.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Same. I saw the most recent episode and got here to see what everyone else thought about this and what do I read? People cribbing about how fast they reached point B from point A, and some crap about ser friendzone's time travel or whatever. :\
It's the nature of the threads here in the Caf. :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Episode 6 leaked on HBO Spain and this thread has quite a lot of people who have read the spoilers, it seems.

Should I close this thread and only open it on episode days?

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Not before someone tells me where I can aquire this episode.

KM

Episode 6 has officially been leaked now. Closing this thread till the episode day.

As I don't trust the people here.

KM

Opening this thread right now as I'll be probably asleep when the episode airs. Most of you have watched the episode but don't start discussing it(even in spoilers) here until the telecast actually ends. Again the same rule applies - 3 points and threadban.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
oh my fecking god. I just opened the other thread by accident and immediately shut my eyes and fumbled for Alt F4. This is all @Mciahel Goodman fault for making a GoT Werewolf game. feck sake!

Luckily I saw nothing.
:lol: I did that earlier in the week and ended up watching the leak because of it. Too many feckin GoT threads in this forum already.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I hate that I watched it now. I still keep thinking there's an episode waiting for me when I get back from work tomorrow. D'oh!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I hate that I watched it now. I still keep thinking there's an episode waiting for me when I get back from work tomorrow. D'oh!
Yeah I'm a bit gutted I ain't got anything to watch tomorrow night now but I have accidently bumped in to spoilers a couple of times so I'm glad I did watch it.

Sylar

:lol: I did that earlier in the week and ended up watching the leak because of it. Too many feckin GoT threads in this forum already.
See my idea from ages ago wasnt a bad idea, make a sub forum for GoT due to how awesome and big it is.

Half serious. :nervous:

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
It's funny, I've just gone back through the threadmarks for each of the episodes from seasons 3-5, and even after some episodes which are now considered classics by the fanbase and critics alike, there are posters complaining that the plot's moving too slowly, not moving at all, or not moving in an interesting manner. One poster even criticised the show for being too brutal towards characters we liked and that they'd stop watching if Tyrion died. Like a friend of mine who stopped watching after the Red Wedding and hasn't started it up again since. It's quite funny to see how criticism of the show has veered so much in the opposite direction nowadays, that it's now travelling too fast and that the safety of key characters is now too predictable. Not that criticism of the show at both junctures wasn't justified, but how the criticism has transformed since the old days is quite curious to witness.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Just rewatching episode 5 since its on HBO now and that Rhaegar scene between Sam and Gilly. Someone argued with me that they might have taken that book that Gilly was reading from but after seeing that scene again, Sam doesnt pick that book to give to little Sam. There is a book in between the one he is writing on and the one Gilly is reading from and thats what he took and gave. Not quite sure how it matters but just thought I ll put it out there.