Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sylar

Wow nearly Friday and no leaked finale? Those hackers have given up.
Not gonna lie, im happy about it.
I wanna watch it like a spectacle on Sunday night / monday morning like I did with most eps bar 2.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I wanna watch it like a spectacle on Sunday night / monday morning like I did with most eps bar 2.
Yeah me too. Bobbing and weaving through spoilers on social media has been a nightmare these past two weeks. I just want to watch it on Sunday.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I don't find myself craving a leaked finale if I'm honest. It's been weeks since I watched it on a Monday morning so I'm looking forward to it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
How many of you watched Lost? In that show, they never actually explained anything i.e. they never sped it up and moved the story along like what is happening in this series now. Instead they focused on character development right up until the end. Needless to say, it was fecking horrific waiting for answers but never getting any.

Having said that, GoT could have still finished telling the story better than they have so far (probably still a bit of time to fix that). Overall, they never paced the seasons correctly and that can be due to many reasons. However, if it was a choice between not really ever finishing the story or finishing it at a fast pace, I'd choose the latter every time.
Lost was brilliant, although the ending could have been better.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
How many of you watched Lost? In that show, they never actually explained anything i.e. they never sped it up and moved the story along like what is happening in this series now. Instead they focused on character development right up until the end. Needless to say, it was fecking horrific waiting for answers but never getting any.

Having said that, GoT could have still finished telling the story better than they have so far (probably still a bit of time to fix that). Overall, they never paced the seasons correctly and that can be due to many reasons. However, if it was a choice between not really ever finishing the story or finishing it at a fast pace, I'd choose the latter every time.
Some of the best music in TV history. Michael Giacchino was the real MVP.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think I randomly saw a spoiler on my Reddit feed. I don't know if it's true and I won't hint at it, but something similar happened with the previous episode and the zombie dragon.

So, yeah, beware... the innerwebs is dark and full of spoilers...

Interval

Level
Are we allowed to post theories? If so, I think I've kind got it figured.

I expect a major death - Danaerys. They made it obvious with the completely out of place succession planning speech by Tyrion and his constant worry in the last 3 episodes about her exposing herself in battle. The name of the episode - the dragon and the wolf possibly refers only to Jon and that he will then control Drogon henceforth. They might even kill Jaime in return to eventually show Cercei go crazy like the mad king in the final season. The hot red witch and slow-dumb Sam can then provide evidence next season of how Job is a mix and therefore gain followers for the throne fight.

Ties up quite nicely though unbelievably boring because it ties together things too neatly

Again; I dont care about the show enough to watch leaks, spoilers etc etc. In fact I just saw the last episode right now.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Lost was amazing and wrapped pretty much everything up.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Lost was a bag of shite compared to GoT. Went rapidly downhill after the first 2 or 3 episodes. Even if the whole of season 7 sucks balls the show in its entirety will still shit all over Lost.

I have an observation and a question after the latest episode.

Observation. Since they stopped following the books they've stopped killing off popular characters. Which has taken away one of the most original elements of the show and made it into a much more formulaic and predictable story. That's a pity.

Question. Does getting bitten by zombies not matter any more?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ive never seen a good explanation for the polar bears, if you could explain that to me it would make a part of my life more complete.
They were taken to the island as part of the DHARMA initiative. If you remember in season three Kate and Sawyer were locked in a bear cage where they underwent tests. They were where the polar bears were kept. They were experimenting on animals and seeing how they reacted to the healing properties of the island (also could be seen on sharks seen at one point)

Coxy

I think I randomly saw a spoiler on my Reddit feed. I don't know if it's true and I won't hint at it, but something similar happened with the previous episode and the zombie dragon.

So, yeah, beware... the innerwebs is dark and full of spoilers...
I've read the synopsis (i.e. all of the spoilers) for the episode. If you want me to confirm it / debunk it feel free to pm me :)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Lost was a bag of shite compared to GoT. Went rapidly downhill after the first 2 or 3 episodes. Even if the whole of season 7 sucks balls the show in its entirety will still shit all over Lost.

I have an observation and a question after the latest episode.

Observation. Since they stopped following the books they've stopped killing off popular characters. Which has taken away one of the most original elements of the show and made it into a much more formulaic and predictable story. That's a pity.

Question. Does getting bitten by zombies not matter any more?
Thank you. Can't believe that Lost is being rated higher than GOT on the back of one silly season which has still had some spectacular tv.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I think season seven has been, for the most part, very good, certainly better than five and probably on par with six. It's just the last episode which was a bit fecking shit. But I'm hoping for an excellent finale to make up for that.

Lost just doesn't compare to it in any way.

Sambob

They were taken to the island as part of the DHARMA initiative. If you remember in season three Kate and Sawyer were locked in a bear cage where they underwent tests. They were where the polar bears were kept. They were experimenting on animals and seeing how they reacted to the healing properties of the island (also could be seen on sharks seen at one point)
Amazing, that'll do nicely!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think season seven has been, for the most part, very good, certainly better than five and probably on par with six. It's just the last episode which was a bit fecking shit. But I'm hoping for an excellent finale to make up for that.

Lost just doesn't compare to it in any way.
Rewatching season 4, and there is so much boring pointless shite to do with Dany.. that it makes you cry out with frustration when you realise how much of a rush job this season is and how much time they wasted in those middle seasons including 5.

Slow burner to nuclear explosion this season, so pacing has been all over the place even back then but in the opposite direction.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Rewatching season 4, and there is so much boring pointless shite to do with Dany.. that it makes you cry out with frustration when you realise how much of a rush job this season is and how much time they wasted in those middle seasons including 5.

Slow burner to nuclear explosion this season, so pacing has been all over the place even back then but in the opposite direction.
Agree, they also wasted a lot of screen time on Arya too, guess they didn't plan things out properly over the long term.

Adebesi

Lost is my benchmark for absolute dross television. It was notable because it did a very good impersonation of a good show for a period of time - I was evidently fooled longer than Pogue, I was into it well into season two - the introduction of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje boosted my interest for a while. I was convinced they were going to actually tie up some of the plots they were spewing out in all directions. It eventually became clear they were only interested in layering ludicrous storylines one on top of the other, with each old layer seemingly completely forgotten about as soon as it had been superseded, but I persisted in the ever-decreasing hope the writers were going to pull something out of the hat, long after it had become clear it would not happen. I was an idiot for sticking to that show, and like most idiots I would rather resent the thing that unveiled my idiocy than acknowledge my own failings. So I remember it as a warning to myself that while sometimes you do need to show patience, sometimes people - show writers, internet posters, football managers - are just muppets and need to be cut loose. This was a valuable lesson during the Moyes era too.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Could it be they were stringing it out in the hope the next book would actually come? Now they just want it over because they've found writing it themselves hard. It would explain the speed and the blatant turn towards tv and action.

I honestly think if the books were done, we'd get more seasons but better balancing. It's a shame we haven't had that, but no doubt this will get a remake in a few years :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Could it be they were stringing it out in the hope the next book would actually come? Now they just want it over because they've found writing it themselves hard. It would explain the speed and the blatant turn towards tv and action.

I honestly think if the books were done, we'd get more seasons but better balancing. It's a shame we haven't had that, but no doubt this will get a remake in a few years :lol:
Absolutely. That makes sense to me.

I am sure when they started making the series, GRRM would have had them convinced that surely by the time it comes to the end game, he'd be around to help out and books would be out by then.. which explains why they dragged it out.

Furthermore it might have been a case of making money out of the franchise, and then they realised that the actors are becoming too big for the show and they need to balance the books.

Either way it has been handled poorly and each party from the author, to the directors need to take some blame for planning it out poorly.

Felt like punching the screen when I saw Dany and cries of 'meesa' and it taking up 15 minutes.. she really is the most annoying main character of the show. Only time she was good to watch was season 1.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Lost is my benchmark for absolute dross television. It was notable because it did a very good impersonation of a good show for a period of time - I was evidently fooled longer than Pogue, I was into it well into season two - the introduction of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje boosted my interest for a while. I was convinced they were going to actually tie up some of the plots they were spewing out in all directions. It eventually became clear they were only interested in layering ludicrous storylines one on top of the other, with each old layer seemingly completely forgotten about as soon as it had been superseded, but I persisted in the ever-decreasing hope the writers were going to pull something out of the hat, long after it had become clear it would not happen. I was an idiot for sticking to that show, and like most idiots I would rather resent the thing that unveiled my idiocy than acknowledge my own failings. So I remember it as a warning to myself that while sometimes you do need to show patience, sometimes people - show writers, internet posters, football managers - are just muppets and need to be cut loose. This was a valuable lesson during the Moyes era too.
:lol: so true. Think we all go through that phase.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I still think the first 2 seasons of Lost are the best seasons of TV I have ever seen

It went downhill badly after that though

Adebesi

Hang on though. Really liking Walking Dead and the first two seasons of Lost doesnt give a person the worst taste in entertainment ever - not in my book at least. The first two seasons of Lost were good - not the best thing ever on TV, but good. Walking Dead is also good - not the best thing ever on TV, but good. Similar to Lost in the way it completely failed to live up to its early promise, but nowhere near as dramatic a drop off in quality either.

Surely the person with the worst taste in entertainment ever is to be found in the Mrs Browns Boys thread.

Redlambs

Hang on though. Really liking Walking Dead and the first two seasons of Lost doesnt give a person the worst taste in entertainment ever - not in my book at least. The first two seasons of Lost were good - not the best thing ever on TV, but good. Walking Dead is also good - not the best thing ever on TV, but good. Similar to Lost in the way it completely failed to live up to its early promise, but nowhere near as dramatic a drop off in quality either.

Surely the person with the worst taste in entertainment ever is to be found in the Mrs Browns Boys thread.
It's not those two things alone, so far from it :lol:

Walking Dead is fecking terrible though!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Randall has the worst taste in entertainment I've ever known. Literally the worst.

I admire how he's so fine with that though and sticks with it :lol:
I really dont, Im incredibly mainstream when it comes to preferences

Im certainly not alone for holding 1st 2 seasons of Lost in a high regard

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Walking dead was a great show for a few seasons but has fallen of a cliff now though.

Adebesi

Walking Dead is fecking terrible though!
Ive had this debate so many times. For me its crime is not being quite terrible enough. If it was terrible I would walk away. The problem is it has moments of being good, and therefore I persist with it.

Hell, I even sometimes consider watching Fear The Walking Dead - though I havent quite got round to that yet as there always seems to be a better option.

Redlambs

Ive had this debate so many times. For me its crime is not being quite terrible enough. If it was terrible I would walk away. The problem is it has moments of being good, and therefore I persist with it.

Hell, I even sometimes consider watching Fear The Walking Dead - though I havent quite got round to that yet as there always seems to be a better option.
That's fair, that's what kept me and the gf watching until season 6 (I think), but we just had to stop. At one point we didn't watch from the halfway point until we watched the finale and missed absolutely nothing. So we gave up and genuinely haven't watched it since.

The thread on here is far more entertaining.

I really dont, Im incredibly mainstream when it comes to preferences
That's fair. Though I don't have a problem with mainstream, in fact I don't care what is or isn't.

But you do have very questionable tastes, especially in games ;)