Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I’m surprised she didn’t work it out that he’s a Targaryen when he was flying the dragon last week. In fact, nobody seemed bothered by the fact he was able to fly a dragon himself.
Has actually ever been confirmed in the TV series that only targaryens can ride dragons?

Sylar

I was off the internet most of the day after the United game
Didn't realise the ep leaked.
Hope there's no more

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Anyone confused about why the incest aspect has been completely overlooked by the characters?

Sylar

Has actually ever been confirmed in the TV series that only targaryens can ride dragons?
Asked that last week too when the same thing was brought up
Can't remember it but would be happy to be shown the line or something that states it

sport2793

I was off the internet most of the day after the United game
Didn't realise the ep leaked.
Hope there's no more
Think the ep 3 details leaked on reddit and based on the way this episode panned out, I think the leaks are correct. I would stay away from it if you can.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
That episode was fecking appalling. So far this final season couldn’t be much worse. They’ll paper over how shite it is with a few epic battles.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I still don't get why we haven't seen a dragon glass sword hand on Jaimie, and I was hoping Arya's weapon would be something way cooler than a lame (rather chunky handled) spear. Like some glove thing that spits out arrow heads, or even a bow that tri-shoots. Maybe even needle remade as dragon glass.

Where's the creativity?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don’t recall if it has... just find it strange that so far nobody except Daenerys has rode the dragon & that nobody found it odd how Jon was able to fly one himself, especially since the likes of Tyrion & Varys saw and they’re usually the inquisitive ones.

Sylar

Anyone confused about why the incest aspect has been completely overlooked by the characters?
If you're talking about between Jon and dany
Jon found out and we didn't see a follow up
Dany just found out
Does Sam know they are banging ? Guess he does know now but won't judge given Gillys baby named Sam is from Gillys dad?
And well bran won't give a shit
Who else knows ?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Death prediction

I think Brienne is going to bite the dust, with Jaime the most capable in her ranks to lead the army on foot to the next war. Think this is why they went out of their way to say Jaime would be following her orders in her area of the fight.

This sets up an awkward predicament of him leading an army into Kings Landing where he will likely face Cersei a final time. He dies in her arms or she dies in his.
I like that.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It wasn't too bad, a bit weird having everyone just sitting around the fire on the eve of battle, but some warm moments before the cold arrives. Just wish Jaime, Brienne or Bran had told them all that Jaime is actually a hero for killing the Mad King.

Redlambs

Death prediction

I think Brienne is going to bite the dust, with Jaime the most capable in her ranks to lead the army on foot to the next war. Think this is why they went out of their way to say Jaime would be following her orders in her area of the fight.

This sets up an awkward predicament of him leading an army into Kings Landing where he will likely face Cersei a final time. He dies in her arms or she dies in his.
Yep, both he and Hound have unfinished business. They both survive imo.

Sylar

It wasn't too bad, a bit weird having everyone just sitting around the fire on the eve of battle, but some warm moments before the cold arrives. Just wish Jaime, Brienne or Bran had told them all that Jaime is actually a hero for killing the Mad King.
It's not the first time people have sat drinking and singing before a battle though

Redlambs

They keep missing out the things that would set it all straight.

Tv drama for you. I guess they can't have everyone knowing everything, otherwise it ruins the tension.

Sylar

18 of the top 20 world wide trends are about game of thrones
Madness given the time

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Asked that last week too when the same thing was brought up
Can't remember it but would be happy to be shown the line or something that states it
Don’t recall if it has... just find it strange that so far nobody except Daenerys has rode the dragon & that nobody found it odd how Jon was able to fly one himself, especially since the likes of Tyrion & Varys saw and they’re usually the inquisitive ones.
I don't recall at all. I honestly think this is something that's been assumed rather than actually stated as fact, atleast on the TV series. Happy to be proven wrong though.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
And risk Dany's ire?
Yeah I know. But she's been told the truth about her father before. It's just a bit galling having this queen who burns people to death with her dragons up there on her high horse threatening the guy who actually saved an entire city from being burned.

Sylar

They keep missing out the things that would set it all straight.

Tv drama for you. I guess they can't have everyone knowing everything, otherwise it ruins the tension.
Bran is the only one who can set it straight
Nobody will listen to jamie version and Brienne heard it from Jamie

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I still don't get why we haven't seen a dragon glass sword hand on Jaimie, and I was hoping Arya's weapon would be something way cooler than a lame (rather chunky handled) spear. Like some glove thing that spits out arrow heads, or even a bow that tri-shoots. Maybe even needle remade as dragon glass.

Where's the creativity?
It's got a head on either end. But like Darth Mauls light saber. This isn't Assassins Creed! It's a neat weapon, doesn't look slow at all and has a nice nod back to her days training.

Redlambs

Bran is the only one who can set it straight
Nobody will listen to jamie version and Brienne heard it from Jamie
And yet none of that changes a single word of my post.

If Bran cared so much about Jaimie fighting for them to omit the murder attempt, he could easily also tell them the truth. I get why they haven't gone that route, but it is fecking obvious.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Death prediction

Aye, that would make some sense. The show has already established Jaime as a commander in previous battles, so having him follow someone now does feel like a set up for him to suddenly take charge in battle. Plus Brienne's knighting moment today gives her character a sort-of end point.

Redlambs

It's got a head on either end. But like Darth Mauls light saber. This isn't Assassins Creed! It's a neat weapon, doesn't look slow at all and has a nice nod back to her days training.
Tongue firmly in cheek my friend. I will say the shaft looked like a broom handle though, maybe a small amount of sexism from Gendry there ;)

Is it nailed on? I dont think it is. Its Game of Thrones, the complete opposite of fan service.
WAS. Was the complete opposite.

Cloud7

It's not in his character to strategically delay truths. I don't have a problem with it, it's consistent with how he is.
In all honesty Jon is more like Ned than any of the other boys were.

Sylar

And yet none of that changes a single word of my post.

If Bran cared so much about Jaimie fighting for them to omit the murder attempt, he could easily also tell them the truth. I get why they haven't gone that route, but it is fecking obvious.
Well it changes you posting Jamie and Brienne name since again, it's their history
But regardless I get your point but in terms of story it could be said bran only talks when relevant and needed
He really wasn't needed (unless they actually decided to behead Jamie )