Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Surprised that people who didn't like last week's episode, liked this week's as it seemed more of the same. I liked last week's episode btw.

LARulz

Can someone explain why Jon thought it was a good idea to tell the person commanding the biggest army and 2 dragons he is actually the rightful heir to the thrown and not her?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought they rushed the reveal to Danny a bit. And I sort of wanted to hear more about Bran and Tiryon interacting.

Too much of Pod singing :lol:

Good episode though. I am very much invested in Jaimes character :(

AshRK

A really enjoyable episode. Highly tensed and we could feel many are going to die. Sad but that's the truth.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Can someone explain why Jon thought it was a good idea to tell the person commanding the biggest army and 2 dragons he is actually the rightful heir to the thrown and not her?
Because it’s Jon. He doesn’t do things by half and he always tries to do things with honour from his perspective.

RedDevilRoshi

I think Jon is going to have to kill Dany. She’ll go a bit too far.
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Won’t be surprised if Dany tries to kill Jon after finding out he’s the heir to the throne and is her nephew. The friction between those two is going to be an interesting watch.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Because she started talking about his dad raping his mum?

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Some of you guys are some right dour cnuts. That was a great episode, and a necessary one considering there's a lot of characters that are going to die in the next few episodes. Every episode can't be Hardhome.
I think its the fact that the writing has taken a considerable nosedive in the most important stage of the series which is why people think it was average at best. There were so many episodes solely using dialogue that were a million times better than this.

FlawlessThaw

Some of you guys are some right dour cnuts. That was a great episode, and a necessary one considering there's a lot of characters that are going to die in the next few episodes. Every episode can't be Hardhome.
This! I get the impression any episode that doesn’t have a big battle or a death is a “filler episode”. Lot of good build up and nothing felt rushed which I had a bit of a feeling regarding the 1st episode.

Norris

Surprised that people who didn't like last week's episode, liked this week's as it seemed more of the same. I liked last week's episode btw.
I liked the first episode too, but felt this was much better. In the first episode, except for Jaime's and Bran's re-union, the rest were garbage. Here, Tormund's re-union with Jon, the nostalgia throwback between The Hound and Arya, Arya and Gendry (Well, mehish actually), Tormund and Brienne, Brienne and Jaime were just a lot more tighter. Plus it gave a really good build-up to next week's episode which pretty much looks like a battle.

LARulz

Because she started talking about his dad raping his mum?
Doesn't mean he has to go into detail there and then does it? Plenty of time for a history lesson after they quickly kill off the Night King and his army

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The writing may be weak at times but the decision to spend two episodes setting up the geography and relationships between characters is a perfectly good one. The people who expected action straight from the start would make terrible writers. Character is drama.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Arya had a potential final night spot on. You gotta bang bang bang the drum.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thought they rushed the reveal to Danny a bit. And I sort of wanted to hear more about Bran and Tiryon interacting.

Too much of Pod singing :lol:

Good episode though. I am very much invested in Jaimes character :(
I guess he probably thinks they're both going to die anyway so it doesn't really matter. This whole episode seemed like everyone had given up hope. It wasn't that long ago that Daenerys was fearful that her entire house would be wiped from history given she can't have kids. Now she has a nephew! Think Jon probably misread the situation completely, but he did say back in Kings Landing that he would be honest to people.

Anyway, I loved that episode personally. It was a good sendoff for many characters that will be dead by this time next week. Also shoutout to the 8 plus whitewalkers at the end. A lot more than I was expecting... :nervous:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m surprised she didn’t work it out that he’s a Targaryen when he was flying the dragon last week. In fact, nobody seemed bothered by the fact he was able to fly a dragon himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesn't mean he has to go into detail there and then does it? Plenty of time for a history lesson after they quickly kill off the Night King and his army
It's not in his character to strategically delay truths. I don't have a problem with it, it's consistent with how he is.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Definitely one of the best episodes of the last seasons and the writing/dialogue wasn't bad at all although they'll get criticized no matter what they do at this point.

4 episodes to go, no way does this end in a straightforward way with a pleasing ending to all the likeable characters.

RedDevilRoshi

Very good episode and buzzing for the next one. Expected a lot of the reunions as many of those characters are going to die very soon, I guess.

FlawlessThaw

I’m surprised she didn’t work it out that he’s a Targaryen when he was flying the dragon last week. In fact, nobody seemed bothered by the fact he was able to fly a dragon himself.
There’s not much lore regarding Dragons that Dany might be aware of. I don’t think the characters are aware of a hard and fast rule that only Targaryens can ride dragons.

Only character that might be aware of it is Tyrion but understandably he might keep it quiet for now.

Norris

Arya had a potential final night spot on. You gotta bang bang bang the drum.
Yeah, but would have been better if they did it off-screen. Arya still looks very much like a kid with a weird forehead. Glad they used a stunt double for the nsfw scenes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah, but would have been better if they did it off-screen. Arya still looks very much like a kid with a weird forehead. Glad they used a stunt double for the nsfw scenes.
True. I felt wrong watching it but the actress is 22.

Not hot though. As someone else said, as seductive as an egg :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Good episode IMO though strange how much they rushed first and let what was essentially a dialogue episode get lots of breathing space.

Tormund was brilliant and I enjoyed seeing lots of Jaime. Danaerys (Aerys III) was much better this episode and you could feel the insincerity and cold bitch vibe - I can’t see her surviving till end of season, she’s practically a villain at this moment in time.

Rooney1987

Yep.

It happens with everything that becomes extremely popular. If something happens which isn't in the fans expectations or thought process, it's disliked. Only thing I can think of that's avoided this is Marvel films..
Trying to think of popular show that was generally well like, Breaking Bad ending went down well I remember. But people sure did hate the ending of Lost, Battlestar Galactica and The Sopranos.

sport2793

Surprised that a lot of people think that Jon will kill Dany. I think the tension between them is a red herring. It's likely that Dany will become pregnant with Jon's child and that will probably smooth most of the present issues. It's possible that Dany dies though, but I think it will happen some other way.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Death prediction

I think Brienne is going to bite the dust, with Jaime the most capable in her ranks to lead the army on foot to the next war. Think this is why they went out of their way to say Jaime would be following her orders in her area of the fight.

This sets up an awkward predicament of him leading an army into Kings Landing where he will likely face Cersei a final time. He dies in her arms or she dies in his.

Sylar

At the time I remember people complaining about breaking bad final season but liking the finale esp compared to Dexter
Majority will like this final season I suspect

There’s not much lore regarding Dragons that Dany might be aware of. I don’t think the characters are aware of a hard and fast rule that only Targaryens can ride dragons.

Only character that might be aware of it is Tyrion but understandably he might keep it quiet for now.
Probably bran

Definitely one of the best episodes of the last seasons and the writing/dialogue wasn't bad at all although they'll get criticized no matter what they do at this point.

4 episodes to go, no way does this end in a straightforward way with a pleasing ending to all the likeable characters.
Read a lot (not just here) people complaining about dialogue
Nothing made me cringe at all.

Dany is gonna end as a villain

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
No more excuses now. Next week should have some epic fighting scenes. Wonder if they'll have the battle stretch over a couple episodes.