g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think the only thing that matters is:

Was it vanilla or vinegar

Also

So given the last ep, it seems like the NK just wants to wipe out all humans / make them his army etc. What happens after? who knows.
But get rid off them.

Also it wasnt Bran that made the king, it was the children of the forest.
It was clearly vanilla
Either I'm being a total dipshit cnut or you guys are both insane - what's vinegar or vanilla?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Either I'm being a total dipshit cnut or you guys are both insane - what's vinegar or vanilla?
Vinegar is an aqueous solution of acetic acid and trace chemicals that may include flavorings. Vanilla is a flavoring derived from orchids of the genus Vanilla, primarily from the Mexican species, flat-leaved vanilla.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Vinegar is an aqueous solution of acetic acid and trace chemicals that may include flavorings. Vanilla is a flavoring derived from orchids of the genus Vanilla, primarily from the Mexican species, flat-leaved vanilla.
Oh Bravo, very funny. Are ya kidding? Stop clamming up and just tell me what vanilla or vinegar references. Faceless Man pun here

Simbo

Just re-watched ep2, one of the few worthy of it in recent seasons I think.

Hope the next ep lives up to the hype.

Fully Fledged

The Night King wants to kill Bran, but does he only want to kill Bran? Surely he's not arsed taking over Kings Landing and ruling the Iron Throne in a world where everyone is dead?

I feel like his motive is fully based around Bran. Maybe killing Bran will mean that all WW's cease to exist (Bran allegedly created the King didn't he? So killing Bran would change the course of History and mean he never existed?) so they can pass over peacefully, who the feck knows. I only see the WW's going as far as Kings Landing if Bran retreats down there.
What? The Children created the NK. It is known.

We found out in the Episode: The Door.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
These spoiler tags are bizarre, obviously we are all just speculating and it's a given that main characters will die this season. Surely no gets upset reading these? It would be like someone telling you "I think United will win 2-0" and then you say to them tomorrow "Cheers for ruining the game for me last night"
This is the worst analogy I've ever heard. You're worse than than the teenage girls who decide they hate their favourite pop singer's girlfriend.

Dante

Average bang
I keep checking the Freefolk thread on Reddit to see. :lol:

I think it leaked on Sunday last weekend so maybe over the weekend?
That was an accident by Amazon. I doubt it'll happen every week.

Of the remaining 4 episodes, I reckon it'll happen once more. HBO have been running a tighter ship in the last couple of years.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That was an accident by Amazon. I doubt it'll happen every week.

Of the remaining 4 episodes, I reckon it'll happen once more. HBO have been running a tighter ship in the last couple of years.
Yeah makes sense. The trailer was made up of what seems to be mostly the first three episodes of the season. There's no real hints as to what might happen in the last three.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The guitarists are Scott Ian from Anthrax, Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and I think Gus G who was in Arch Enemy and has been Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist too.
Nuno Bettencourt who plays with Rihanna and before that Extreme is the 3rd guy. Amazing player too.
Those guitars are stunning but as usual with Fender custom shop stupidly priced.

Classical Mechanic

Nuno Bettencourt who plays with Rihanna and before that Extreme is the 3rd guy. Amazing player too.
Those guitars are stunning but as usual with Fender custom shop stupidly priced.
I wasn’t sure on that one cheers.

You can get boutique guitars better than Fender Custom shop for cheaper generally but that level of detail is better than I’ve seen before. Suhr did collection 2015 that was amazing and Gibson made exact copies of some of the most famous guitars in history recently but they topped out at £10k. At $25k+ I guess it’s unprecedented but so is the level of detail.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wasn’t sure on that one cheers.

You can get boutique guitars better than Fender Custom shop for cheaper generally but that level of detail is better than I’ve seen before. Suhr did collection 2015 that was amazing and Gibson made exact copies of some of the most famous guitars in history recently but they topped out at £10k. At $25k+ I guess it’s unprecedented but so is the level of detail.
Oh yeah the work is amazing, I really like the Lannister one. They have incredible craftsmen there.

Nanotron

Why are people getting worked up about the crypts being dangerous. Is it not the case that, the WW's raise only the dead they kill? They haven't killed anyone in the crypts so they cant use them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Why are people getting worked up about the crypts being dangerous. Is it not the case that, the WW's raise only the dead they kill? They haven't killed anyone in the crypts so they cant use them.
When has that been the case? I'm pretty sure they can just raise anything dead.

The bodies in the crypts will surely be under heavy stone slabs though, and very old bodies which are mostly bones. Most of them will have completely deteriorated. I don't think it's as big an issue as people are making out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

The bodies in the crypts will surely be under heavy stone slabs though, and very old bodies which are mostly bones. Most of them will have completely deteriorated. I don't think it's as big an issue as people are making out.
We are talking about writers who have been happy to break and bend the rules of time, physics and geography up to now in order to serve the plot. If they decide that having dead Starks come back to life is a good idea then I'm sure they'll happily ignore the fairly logical objections you've just raised.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

The skeletal army of dead kings?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Because they repeated the line about them being safe like a dozen times.

Call me Freddy Foreshadowing, but I think that's a hint.

Nanotron

Im not sure. I think it makes more sense that its the people they kill. Otherwise their army would be monumental, they could raise billions and dinosaurs even for example.

Sylar

What about the dead guy that came back as wight in S2 that jon had to kill

Who raised him?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You're probably right but thats just stupid if it happens especially as squishy said, they are under slabs of stone.
Doesn't have to be old bones that are the danger.

There could be secret entrances like what they used to sneak back into Winterfell when Theon took over.

The Snow King could've hyperdrived into Bran's past and mapped the place out. They'll be sat waiting for him next to the tree and the weirwood but he comes from behind to blast them in the rear, maybe because Bran isn't his only target...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Doesn't have to be old bones that are the danger.

There could be secret entrances like what they used to sneak back into Winterfell when Theon took over.

The Snow King could've hyperdrived into Bran's past and mapped the place out. They'll be sat waiting for him next to the tree and the weirwood but he comes from behind to blast them in the rear, maybe because Bran isn't his only target...
Whatever Bran says is 100% right though as he's seen everything.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Isn't that just referencing the scene with Qyburn and Cersei from last season?
That's what I thought at first, but every season the intros seem to have made it a point to only show things relevant to that episode or season. They never used the crossbow they said took down a dragon, right?

Also holy shit balls Wtf is wrong with u people and your weird obsession with the Arya scene. Go out and get laid or something.

iKnowNothing

We are talking about writers who have been happy to break and bend the rules of time, physics and geography up to now in order to serve the plot. If they decide that having dead Starks come back to life is a good idea then I'm sure they'll happily ignore the fairly logical objections you've just raised.
You do realize it's a fantasy show, right? It's a show where priests raise the dead (multiple times?), we have a boy who "wargs" into others minds etc etc and here we are - worried about time, physics and geography.

Fridge chutney

It would be funny if they announced that this week is an off week and next week is when Episode 3 comes out

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why was it uncomfortable? Why is it completely ok for her to go round slaughtering people as an 18 year old but not be ok for her to want a shag before she dies?
I've seen 500 people repeat this same logic and I'm surprised they all collectively believe so strongly in it.

To be honest, the scene didn't really bother me. She's an adult now and as an adult would ordinarily want to and indeed have sex. But this particular logic of violence Vs sex, is something I find is pretty misplaced. Let's assume that were talking about a 12 year old for the sake of argument becuase people's issue appears to be that she's a child in their eyes - as often people remain when you've seen them growing up. Think of your nephew etc Now I definitely know which of the two would make people uneasy - watching that 12 year old avenge their father's death by stabbing murderer/rapist/all round cnut of a human, or watching that 12 year old nude having sex.

Like I said, I don't have an issue with it myself. I don't connect with Arya as some kid relative of mine. She's an actor and it fit the story. But I'm not convinced this particular logic people are repeating constantly even works.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You do realize it's a fantasy show, right? It's a show where priests raise the dead (multiple times?), we have a boy who "wargs" into others minds etc etc and here we are - worried about time, physics and geography.
Even fantasy shows set up their own internal rules they have to obey. Else they could do literally anything and shrug "well, magic", which would be shit story telling.