Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ok, I take all my defending of last week's episode back. There's a difference between subverting expectations and having writers who have no fecking clue what they're doing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
First hour was a complete waste of time, last 30 mins improved but still a bit of a waste of an episode overall. 2 episodes left though is sad :(

Cloud7

That was good. Made more interesting by Jack Sparrow and the pirate army having those giant crossbows.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All of a sudden all of those cast members in interviews who said they were surprised or shocked with how the season ends are starting to make more sense. They know that this season has been shit.

ManRed

That was a real shit episode. Couldn't relate as the pace kept changing all over and things happening just for the sake of getting over with.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I understand it would be jarring to just go from the battle of the dead straight to the battle against Cersei but fecking hell they spent about 40 minutes on a drunken winterfell party.

bleedred

How can they reach Kings landing first by ships compared to the kings road from winter fell. The battle tactics have been a clusterfeck ever since 20 of ramsey's men finished off stannis. Absolutely laughable writing.

Interval

Level
Decent episode. Especially towards the end. Guess they needed time to build the base after the WW diversion ended.

My major grief is with Jamie's character that seems to be unnecessarily fecked with to keep him relevant

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If we get Cleganebowl then the show runners can feck off. If they go for the surprise and not have it happen then they can also feck off. Seriously, just feck the feck off and go back to writing shit action movies David Benioff. And "DB" Weiss - do you call yourself "DB" because it makes you sound more interesting than you actually are. Because that's your writing in a nutshell; skin deep.

LARulz

I understand it would be jarring to just go from the battle of the dead straight to the battle against Cersei but fecking hell they spent about 40 minutes on a drunken winterfell party.
Yep.

Also I don't understand. I thought it was agreed that they would wait a bit before going. So why the hell did half the army go first?

Norris

'Nah, it was fantastic! What more do you want?!'

People seem to be annoyed on here if the show is criticised....
I don't think anyone is doing that honestly. It's possible that episodes are good, some bad, some ok. It depends on what people are looking for in the show now. I've amended my expectations since Season 6 and even by Season 6 standards, the episode was poor, however, episode 3 was a masterpiece.

I don't think it's that hard to evaluate a show like that, based on it's episodes.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Should have had her push the bitch!

:lol:

So now Dany becomes heel, Jon has to arrive and end her halfway through the battle, Jaime kills Cersei and Arya/Hound feck the mountain up. All the whilst we bitch and moan about just how badly D&D fecked it all up.

Last edited:

PoTMS

What an absolute snoozefest. Cocked up 75% of the season so far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Actually yeah thinking about it, nothing comes close. By far the worst episode of GoT. So much of it was dumb.

Habs

This has been a terrible season so far. Don’t think they can redeem it in the last two episodes.

Butchered the show

freeurmind

weak willed
Feel like I should be enjoying this season way more than I am. So is Jaime evil again?

Sylar

It was ... Ok

A lot of time spent getting drunk to celebrate a win. The dragon falling was a bit of a shock
But I guess they needed to even the odds

Is euron meant to have invisible ships that hes like the night king and can create some magical fog forcefield
Even the sandsnakes last season were surprised by him but at least that was at night

Guessing Jaime is going back but to try and kill cersei? I hope?

The best thing however is seeing dany crack. It makes the most sense I reckon

Ekeke

Yep.

Also I don't understand. I thought it was agreed that they would wait a bit before going. So why the hell did half the army go first?
I think they were supposed to take care of Greyjoy's fleet bringing food to the city, like they said earlier. They werent expecting Cersei to have the ballista weapons.

I mean she probably should have been ready for anything and not exposed herself, but at the same time during the show only the Nightking had been a real threat to her dragons in the air. And he just died. So maybe she thought now her dragons were going to be safe like all the rest of the time. Still arrogant I guess

PoTMS

After all that buildup for Jon, there's no way he'll make it to the end as it's too obvious for GoT for him to swoop in and become the 'saviour'.