Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I just started rewatching the early seasons again. I forgot about how much screentime was taken up by whores.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When the dragon gently picks up dead Daenerys and flies off :lol:

Also surely dragon fire doesn’t melt steel chairs

Gehrman

:lol: While the same thing crushed the biggest and strongest structure ever created in this world infused with ancient magic no less.
It was a zombie dragon. Different rules apply. Perhaps why Jon thought screaming at it was a good move.

Moby

Dick
It was a zombie dragon. Different rules apply. Perhaps why Jon thought screaming at it was a good move.
It was the same zombie dragon in that scene with Jon the posted I quoted was referring to as well. Jon just hid behind a bog standard rock while at point blank range from the same fire that crushed the fecking wall. :lol:

Edit: Oh and the scream. :lol:

Gehrman

It was the same zombie dragon in that scene with Jon the posted I quoted was referring to as well. Jon just hid behind a bog standard rock while at point blank range from the same fire that crushed the fecking wall. :lol:

Yeah, your right. Hmmm. Lets create a complicated fan theory about why the zombie dragon could destroy the fecking wall but not a standard rock.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

That being the wall that was destroyed that Jon was then sent to serve at as his ending?

lsd

The Oracle
I wouldn't have minded Sansa ending up as Queen at the end. Have Jon kill the Main Walker in an epic Sword fight Arya kill Cersie. Tyrion could run a Brothel and I think most people would have been happier with that instead of the rubbish they got

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I wouldn't have minded Sansa ending up as Queen at the end. Have Jon kill the Main Walker in an epic Sword fight Arya kill Cersie. Tyrion could run a Brothel and I think most people would have been happier with that instead of the rubbish they got
They could have had the Avengers turn up to destroy the White Walkers and made Tony Stark King and it would have been better than the shit we got.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The amount of flat out stupid shit in the final season is just mind boggling really.

Bran going from “I can never be lord of anything. I'm the Three-Eyed Raven.” to suddenly “why do you think I came all this way haha lolzy” when they suggest to make him king.

All the planks voting aye for Bran then Sansa giving it “nah the North will be independent” and everyone just being cool with that and moving to saying “6 kingdoms” like it’s no big thing and none of the other lords thinking “wait is that an option?!”

Arya trying to sail off the map.

Jon being sent to serve on the wall that got burned down.

Bronn being made master of coin.

Sam showing Tyrion the book titled “a song of fire and ice” may as well have had him turn to the camera and wink.

That’s just the final episode ffs.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The amount of flat out stupid shit in the final season is just mind boggling really.

Bran going from “I can never be lord of anything. I'm the Three-Eyed Raven.” to suddenly “why do you think I came all this way haha lolzy” when they suggest to make him king.

All the planks voting aye for Bran then Sansa giving it “nah the North will be independent” and everyone just being cool with that and moving to saying “6 kingdoms” like it’s no big thing and none of the other lords thinking “wait is that an option?!”

Sam showing Tyrion the book titled “a song of fire and ice” may as well have had him turn to the camera and wink.

Don’t forget Sam’s “why don’t we let the people decide” speech. Eurgh.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That was a good one. Didn't it go something like

"but the white walkers are all dead and the wildlings have made peace"
"yeah but ... we... always need a night's watch."

I mean, why? did nobody think to ask why they still need it when the only reasons for it no longer fecking exist?

I actually think the final season is hilarious, the writing was so unbelievably lazy. I think D&D just got handed a massive budget and decided "right, who cares about the plot really, let's just make some crazy battles and stuff".

Gehrman

Don’t forget Sam’s “why don’t we let the people decide” speech. Eurgh.
Or Ser Davos urging the literally esmasculated Unsullied to start their own house. I mean, considering he served as a Hand of Stannis, he was supposed to a bit "smart" wasn't he? Instead like Tyrion he just turned stupid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That was a good one. Didn't it go something like

"but the white walkers are all dead and the wildlings have made peace"
"yeah but ... we... always need a night's watch."

I mean, why? did nobody think to ask why they still need it when the only reasons for it no longer fecking exist?

I actually think the final season is hilarious, the writing was so unbelievably lazy. I think D&D just got handed a massive budget and decided "right, who cares about the plot really, let's just make some crazy battles and stuff".
Yea something like “we’ll always need a place for bastards”. Just stupid beyond measure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

"Sit down uncle."

"Nah, I was imprisoned because your brother couldn't keep his dick in his pants, tortured and beaten for a few years while you lot did feck all to try and rescue me, and unlike you bunch of cnuts I've actually served as a Lord and military commander. So....nah Sansa, I won't sit down you fecking pleb."

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Sit down uncle."

"Nah, I was imprisoned because your brother couldn't keep his dick in his pants, tortured and beaten for a few years while you lot did feck all to try and rescue me, and unlike you bunch of cnuts I've actually served as a Lord and military commander. So....nah Sansa, I won't sit down you fecking pleb."
:lol: I forgot about that bit

Moby

Dick
"Sit down uncle."

:lol:

That would have been perfect!

Sylar

The funny thing is a bit of this could have been accepted with a bit of better writing.

Bran instead in the earlier episode saying I cant be lord, my destiny is bigger than that or some shit similar hints towards it without giving it away.

They should have made all kingdoms independent which would break the wheel, however when theres a dispite Bran will mediate? He can look to history and see what the best option is?

Jon being sent to the north isnt a problem, but they could have written one or two lines to indicate its not a punishment, and that hes 'free' to do what he wants (as they indicated before he feels more at home with them)

Bronn.... ok that was silly :lol:

The book was fine, I still laugh at them saying Tyrion isnt in the book given how he was involved in pretty much everything and nearly every storyline. That seemed more like an attempt at humour?

Im still laughing at the suggestion for starting a new house for unsullied.

Gehrman

Sansa as a queen would have been awfull. The whole "naive Sansa turnes into master of the game of thrones" character transformation felt hamfisted in. Especially with Arya flat out saying that "Sansa is the smartest person I know".

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sansa as a queen would have been awfull. The whole "naive Sansa turnes into master of the game of thrones" character transformation felt hamfisted in. Especially with Arya flat out saying that "Sansa is the smartest person I know".
She was a twat from start to finish, a spoilt brat who was an entitled bitch. Never once did she come across as someone who could be in charge of making a bacon sarnie, let alone ruling a kingdom for fecks sake. Worst character ever.

Bran was also turd.