Television Game of Thrones TV Series | Season 2 | NO book talk!!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Ah yes, 9pm Sky Atlantic. Have to sky+ it due to United.

Can't complain.

rcoobc

I'm so excited, it's not even sane.

I was tempted to recommend this show to my parents, but I'm not sure its a good idea.

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
So if I want to get a stream for this live in the US where do i go and at what time ? im in the UK

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I would do, but it might be complicated, as some people (including me) are in the middle of reading through the books and might get spoiled by people who have read later books. Any ideas?
The rules are that anything related to the original source material must be in a different thread and that any other specualtion must be spoilered and labelled. Specualtion based in the source material must not be posted in this thread spoiler or otherwise.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He was in the season preview that followed. Does naming a character not yet in the show constitute a spoiler violation?

The_Red_Hope

Such sheer perfection for a TV show. Not a wasted moment and visually orgasmic !!!

StuCol

Chimp
I'm looking forward to getting up tomorrow morning and whacking this on from the old sky plus. Gonna watch that review/preview show today.

twitter thread suggester
It's ridiculous how good this is for a tv show.
I mean, having just watched The Walking Dead, the contrast in quality is mindblowing. I couldn't stop thinking about what a terrible actor "Carl" on the Walking Dead is compared the the child actors on this show. Brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Very good. I've been watching The Wire recently and had just finished Season 3 before watching this ep so it was a bit odd seeing Aidan Gillen suddenly morph from Tommy Carcetti to Petyr Baelish.

Could somebody link me to that interactive map telling me who everyone is and such? Hard to keep track of all the characters.

Agent Red

Very good. I've been watching The Wire recently and had just finished Season 3 before watching this ep so it was a bit odd seeing Aidan Gillen suddenly morph from Tommy Carcetti to Petyr Baelish.

Could somebody link me to that interactive map telling me who everyone is and such? Hard to keep track of all the characters.
Gillen's excellent, I'm a fan of most of his stuff.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Like expected it lived up to my expectations. Very nice. I've read the books so I know who everyone is but I can imagine names for those who only watch the show can be confusing since they don't come up very often. Was Melisandre mentioned by name? I thought she was nicely cast.

Looking forward to see many things in this.

Kaos

Aye it was abit confusing having to keep up with all the names (haven't read any of the books), but having it wasn't too bad after having read around it on Wiki.

Solid first episode though, nothing groundbreaking yet as expected but continues quite nicely on from the events of the final episode last season.

Zen

I still assume Gillen is gay in every role he plays thanks to Queer as Folk. It's odd, because I don't with the blonde one who was in Undeclared, Green Street and now Sons of Anarchy.

"its better than 3 defeats" ohhhh burn Robb. Damn good episode.

rcoobc

So I have this taped on Sky+, but I usually watch it with the gf. She isn't here.

I have to watch it don't I?

I won't be able to view your response as I can't go onto page 3 :lol:

rcoobc

Couldn't wait.

Spoilers of that episode ahead
Can't believe the bastard king has ordered the death of every bastard in the land. Utter madness. Arya Stark better survive though I don't have as much hope for the King's Bastard son.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic episode. I love the way they are able to connect all the characters and all the subplots together without it becoming boring or confusing, every scene is important.

The wolf has got huge. Tyrion is still fantastic, Joffrey is still a twat.

Does anyone have a link to a whose-who of the characters for this season? They did one for season 1, hopefully there is an updated version as I'd like to know who the new characters are and how they are connected to each other (without spoilers).

Cina

It's ridiculous how good this is for a tv show.
I mean, having just watched The Walking Dead, the contrast in quality is mindblowing. I couldn't stop thinking about what a terrible actor "Carl" on the Walking Dead is compared the the child actors on this show. Brilliant.
So true. Only downside to this episode was the lack of Arya. She is such a great little actress.

Thought it was a good opening, mostly character building, introducing new ones and such.

They had some balls killing all the kids at the end. Drowning them etc. Talk about dark!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Awesome. After watching the first I couldn't wait for the second episode. I'm guessing spoiler policy dictates we should spoiler it though as it hasn't actually aired anywhere.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Argghh! If I download the 2nd ep, i'll have to wait 2 weeks for my next fix.

Think I need to ration this shit out.
This is the dilemma, no doubt...I don't recall HBO doing this in the past really, I know Showtime has done this many times in the past for a variety of series and I guess HBO is trying similar to boost ratings I guess

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Argghh! If I download the 2nd ep, i'll have to wait 2 weeks for my next fix.

Think I need to ration this shit out.
But I know it's there, wanting me to watch it.

Damn you Barca, just for that I'll be supporting Milan tonigh.
:lol:

Episode 1 and we have our first casualty. I hope madness doesn't take me for a little while longer yet. ;)

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
So to clarify. Episode 2 shall be spoilered!!

Zen

So is HBO airing the next episode a week early on HBO go like they did with True Blood or is that actually just that, a legit leak?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If you are commenting on Episode 2, spoiler it and make sure you CLEARLY write "Episode 2 Spoilers".

If you don't, Top and I will eat you!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So is HBO airing the next episode a week early on HBO go like they did with True Blood or is that actually just that, a legit leak?
Legit leak, episodes will be aired in normal chronological order on the HBO network