Television Game of Thrones TV Series | Season 2 | NO book talk!!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Episode 1 <3!!

The quality of this tv show trumps everything currently on television. The acting is sublime.
Bit OTT to say this if you've not seen Breaking Bad, I'd suggest. GoT is still mesmerisingly good of course.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is the dilemma, no doubt...I don't recall HBO doing this in the past really, I know Showtime has done this many times in the past for a variety of series and I guess HBO is trying similar to boost ratings I guess
This happened to at least a couple episodes last season.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Legit leak, episodes will be aired in normal chronological order on the HBO network
Actually, I believe it was originally on the Polish HBO Go. At least I've seen talk about there being a Polish dubbed version (or something), and a bit after that this episode was out on the interwebs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Episode 2 Spoilers

So what exactly happened at the end? The guy who's camp they were at left the baby for something to take it away? What took it? Was the guy who hit Jon Snow the same one who left the baby there?

Also where exactly are they? Where are they travelling to?

Easy V

Episode 2 Spoilers

So what exactly happened at the end? The guy who's camp they were at left the baby for something to take it away? What took it? Was the guy who hit Jon Snow the same one who left the baby there?

Episode 2 Spoilers

I could be as lost as you, so don't take this as fact, but I think they're travelling to meet Robb and join his army?

Also, that was a White Walker, or whatever they're called, the things we saw in the first episode. You could see it's eyes were bright blue. I'd guess he gives them the babies, as a sacrifice, to keep them away from his village.

Could be completely wrong though haha. Another great episode anyway.

gaz1185

Episode 2 Spoilers

Episode 2 Spoilers

Well technically this isn't a spoiler as it was mentioned at the end of series 1! They are travelling beyond the Wall to investigate the goings-on in the Haunted Forest... as you do!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I've got to say if you haven't read the books it's going to be really difficult to really understand majority of the characters. There's so many that he problem will be how much time they can devote to them.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I've got to say if you haven't read the books it's going to be really difficult to really understand majority of the characters. There's so many that he problem will be how much time they can devote to them.
As some one who have not read the books, I did not face this problem at all in S1. But it is a bit daunting when some new characters are introduced and you are not given much back info rather than two vague lines by some character. Basically it will come down to how seriously you take your TV. This show is not for those who like some gratification from every episode. Those who are more patient and willing to stick through some episodes even if new info is piling on will be fine.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Often I'll Wikipedia the episode with shows like this. Just helps me realise who was who and what was happening in certain scenes.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Couldn't wait.

Spoilers of that episode ahead
Can't believe the bastard king has ordered the death of every bastard in the land. Utter madness. Arya Stark better survive though I don't have as much hope for the King's Bastard son.
It's not every bastard. Just Robert's bastards.

Member 39557

Indeed, if it gets as far as Feast For Crows without being cancelled then some non-readers will wonder what's going on, unless it's managed in a way that combines story lines from that and A Dance With Dragons.

Snow

Episode 2 Spoilers

Before talking

Are you only talking about the Nights Watch bit?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ah, ok.

and they're travelling beyond the wall to a haunted forest? Why?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Ah, ok.

and they're travelling beyond the wall to a haunted forest? Why?
Aren't you watching this show? You need to pay attention :p

Because they know there is something going on. Wildling villages are deserted. Oh, and then there's the issue of the dead guy who tried to kill Mormont. Basically, they want to figure out what's going on, before it's too late to do anything about it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That was last season, with the dead guy to be fair.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
A really fine episode that. The style of the show felt a bit different, or maybe I'm just imagining things.
No I had the exact same feeling. It was a bit like "24". All that was missing were the beeps and the multi in-screen scenes. :)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ok, so I haven't read the books and probably won't. Who is the hot witch with Stannis that can drink poison and brainwash people? When did Stannis hook up with her?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I didn't say that.

No book talk in this thread. I guess you could read up on it online, but do yourself a favour and either read the books or watch the series (or both!). It's a lot better when you watch/read it unfold ;)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Dissapointed in all you watching the leaked one.

Snow how did you know that?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Because he woudln't know who all the kings bastards where, I though it was almost biblical.

Jesus is born, king calls all the first borns. Bastard is real air the throne, king kills all the bastards.

Besides I know the king got around, but that was a lot of people crying for their children.

nimic

something nice
Scout
They were all his. Or at least "could" be his. He really got around. But no, killing all bastards would be silly, the brat didn't have a motive for that.

Agent Red

I still assume Gillen is gay in every role he plays thanks to Queer as Folk. It's odd, because I don't with the blonde one who was in Undeclared, Green Street and now Sons of Anarchy.

"its better than 3 defeats" ohhhh burn Robb. Damn good episode.
I know what you mean, think it's also because he tends to play characters that are quite cunning and a bit slippery, similar to Stuart in QAF. Plus he's normally the slightly left of field character rather than the main action hero, though he did fair bit of shagging in the Wire and runs a brothel in this, so...

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Answer to your question, Solius:
They are going beyond the wall to attack the wildlings before they themselves get attacked, aswell as looking for Jons uncle. They explained this in the season finale last season.

Snow

Answer to your question, Solius:
They are going beyond the wall to attack the wildlings before they themselves get attacked, aswell as looking for Jons uncle. They explained this in the season finale last season.
They're not going to attack the wildlings. They're going to find out what Mance Rayder (The Wildling "King") is up to. Just that small squads never reach back to the wall alive so he went all out in order to be able to prepare the wall properly.

No one is specifically looking for Benjen Stark. He's one of dozens who didn't return so he's very much presumed dead.

Snow

Dissapointed in all you watching the leaked one.

Snow how did you know that?
Because they specifically showed a few scenes of killings. Killing all bastards can't be done. That's Biblical shit as a huge chunk of the population are bastards. Most lowborn folk are.

The scene was followed by his argument with Cersei in which they talked about the enemies taunts. Even though bastards aren't legitimate heirs knowing that he has half brothers and sisters everywhere is an embarrassment to him and he's a person that can't take nice things nicely.