Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
"The best left sided player in europe" Some plonker on sky.

And also, hes worth "5 or 6 more times now, then when he was bought," That would mean £25mil to 30mil.

Very good player, would gladly have him at united in a heart beat, but the best left sided player in europe? Do sky just live on hyperboles?
Nothing wrong with post. Why would Mickey the Banned feel like a plonker for it?

m1y2

sorry to open this again but is there any confirmaton we bid for him 90m before he eventually ended up in Madrid?

Raul Madrid

sorry to open this again but is there any confirmaton we bid for him 90m before he eventually ended up in Madrid?
Some united fans say that they did, while others are adamant that they didn't. It is hard to say for sure. It was reported that a club did offer a similar amount of money to Madrid, but it was never said which club it was. I just checked there and Perez claimed it was united. Whether he was telling the truth or not is another story.

Bwuk

I'd imagine it's true. We have the money. If he had came to us, I'd of imagined we wouldn't of signed Fellaini or Mata though.

Carrick - Cleverley
Adnan - Rooney - Bale
Van Persie​

How much better would we of been with that line up?

m1y2

Some united fans say that they did, while others are adamant that they didn't. It is hard to say for sure. It was reported that a club did offer a similar amount of money to Madrid, but it was never said which club it was. I just checked there and Perez claimed it was united. Whether he was telling the truth or not is another story.
oh thanks, so we can't be 100% sure then but surely if Fergie was talking about that one TOP signing last summer, it could be it. Anyway I thought that if we were prepared to splash that amount of money for Bale we couldnt bother to offer at least 45-50 for Vidal or even more. but scary to think our biggest signing is Mata for 37m and it was only last winter.. But we certainly shouldn't be afraid to put that money on table if we sign deals like with adidas, chevrolet etc.. so I'm being quite optimistic about that

Eriksen

Fantastic player who will prove to be worth every penny of the fee - I have never doubted that.

Tragic to see us miss out on the, by far, best British talent to come through in the last ten years.

Exaggeration. Love Bale and hold nothing against him (Real Madrid came calling, obviously he wants to leave...he gave us great service) but by far? He's arguably the best.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
I've just seen a video of him back in training for Real... wearing an alice band. *sigh*

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
I'd imagine it's true. We have the money. If he had came to us, I'd of imagined we wouldn't of signed Fellaini or Mata though.

Strootman- Thiago
Adnan - Rooney - Bale
Van Persie​

That's better!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Carrick - Cleverley
Adnan - Rooney - Bale
Van Persie​

Well we'd still have Rooney and Van Persie not working together and Cleverley in the side so...

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Trizy

£80 million, with the way the market is gone age and the Ronaldo type season he had at 23 years old it probably would've worked out a bargain in the long run if he managed to stay as fit as Ronaldo.

Read somewhere today he's linked with a move to Chelsea and if he is to leave Madrid in a year or two we should make sure he goes no where else but Old Trafford.

His past two season are very impressive, almost Ballon D'or worthy if it wasn't for the freaks that are Ronaldo and Messi.

7 assists and 26 goals in 44 games for Spurs
16 assists and 22 goals in 44 games for Madrid.

For a winger or ''free license'' player from the wing to produce those numbers alone are frightening. He effectively carried Spurs towards the end of the season.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anybody who saw Moyes interview after the Chelsea game last season knows we made a bid. He didn't hide it well at all.
Watch from 2:20 onwards.

LR7

I think he will be another one Real Madrid get bored with soon like Di Maria.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't see him leaving there any time soon. Pogba'll probably be Real Madrid's 'big' signing next summer, while Hazard might be the summer after and in that case it'd be looking towards someone to replace Ronaldo in the future and not Bale.

Trizy

I don't know, he's very marketable.
How so? apart from making a Fifa cover I can't see anything else, its not like he's sole star from a country with a massive population and he isn't your usual shirt selling pretty boy either (Beckham, Kaka, Ronaldo, James, Rooney, Isco)

Skills

Snitch
I don't doubt that we did try and beat Madrid to him, and we'll do what we can to get him if he's available any time soon. Rooney's nearing 30 now and Bale's the most famous British footballer around after Rooney.

Blue always red

How so? apart from making a Fifa cover I can't see anything else, its not like he's sole star from a country with a massive population and he isn't your usual shirt selling pretty boy either (Beckham, Kaka, Ronaldo, James, Rooney, Isco)
Coleen what are you doing on the 'Caf??

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He's been really disappointing this season, and a good chunk of last season. Brilliant output but his overall performances need to improve, at the minute I see no reason why he should be a guaranteed starter ahead of 1 of Isco/James.

Raul Madrid

When he was signed by Madrid it was just off the back of him winning his second PFA Player Of The Year so he was seen by Madrid as the Premiership's best player and its biggest star as well as the current British golden-boy. His face was on adverts in America for the Premier League also. In comparison to other players I have no idea how he compares in terms of marketability as I am not interested in that at all tbh but I am sure he is seen by Madrid as quite marketable if they were willing to spend so much on him as well as him being a very good player and one of the very best in his position. He was also a big improvement on Di Maria on the right wing and made Madrid's counter-attacks much more deadly so Madrid definitely did upgrade football-wise when signing him also.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Too many different injuries
Yeah, they definitely haven't helped. He has done well overall, especially given last season was his first at Real Madrid, but I expected him to kick on further this time. He needs to start getting more involved in games.

NK86

£80 million, with the way the market is gone age and the Ronaldo type season he had at 23 years old it probably would've worked out a bargain in the long run if he managed to stay as fit as Ronaldo.
Apart from the fact that he didn't.

Boycott

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets thrown out in the next couple years. Probably make way for the star man of Euro 2016.

He is a bit boring for Real Madrid. They demand the full package - goals, assists, trophies, tantrums and drama. He only provides the first 3. Hazard could get 4 but only Ronaldo combines all 5 to be fair.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd love Bale here, not sure why Madrid would sell though, if they want Hazard i'm sure a deal with Chelsea is more likely, who do we have who we could dangle in front of them? Janujaz maybe but we'd be mad to do that, RvP at push but doubt they'd want him, a cash deal would take massive money, and we need to buy a defence yet.

Trizy

Apart from the fact that he didn't.
I meant in terms of hitting new heights, if you cared to read down the same post you'll see I jokingly posted that Messi and Ronaldo are in a different league.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'd love Bale here, not sure why Madrid would sell though, if they want Hazard i'm sure a deal with Chelsea is more likely, who do we have who we could dangle in front of them? Janujaz maybe but we'd be mad to do that, RvP at push but doubt they'd want him, a cash deal would take massive money, and we need to buy a defence yet.
We'd be 'mad' to offer Januzaj in order to get Gareth Bale? I'll have whatever you're smoking!

C'est Moi Cantona

We'd be 'mad' to offer Januzaj in order to get Gareth Bale? I'll have whatever you're smoking!
Course we would the lad just needs a bit of patience and he could be fantastic, gotta remember what age he is.

Added to that Madrid would probably want £40 million on top it would be a stupid deal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I doubt they would do anything but laugh in our faces if we offered them Januzaj or any of our current players for that matter. In fact our current best player is one they found dispensable.

C'est Moi Cantona

I doubt they would do anything but laugh in our faces if we offered them Januzaj or any of our current players for that matter. In fact our current best player is one they found dispensable.
Don't think their manager did but yes I agree with you, just going to have to be cold hard cash then, Madrid like deals like that.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Course we would the lad just needs a bit of patience and he could be fantastic, gotta remember what age he is.

Added to that Madrid would probably want £40 million on top it would be a stupid deal.
:lol: Are you serious? Januzaj + 40m would be a stupid deal?! Didn't know the kid was a world class player already...

C'est Moi Cantona

:lol: Are you serious? Januzaj + 40m would be a stupid deal?! Didn't know the kid was a world class player already...
Course it would be a stupid deal, this kid was been talked about as the best young player in Europe only few months ago, just because he's been a bit crap recently means nothing, in 2-3 years he could easily be our best player, and worth considerably more than Bale.

Of course he could go the other way, but i'd be gutted if we did a deal like this with him.

manutddjw

This isn't the first time that reports have come out saying we outbid Real Madrid for Bale. I guess it disproves the notion that Moyes didn't have money to spend. Mind you it still won't stop commentators and pundits saying otherwise during every United game like they have been since the window shut.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
Course it would be a stupid deal, this kid was been talked about as the best young player in Europe only few months ago, just because he's been a bit crap recently means nothing, in 2-3 years he could easily be our best player, and worth considerably more than Bale.

Of course he could go the other way, but i'd be gutted if we did a deal like this with him.
By who?