Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I dont think this incident did Nani many favours. I have no issue with diving to gain an advantage as I have said many times on the forum. But even I almost cringed at this

Almost cringed?

That's ridiculously pathetic from both players.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
.... Bale on the other hand has a nasty streak in him and cant wait to kick back
What a load of utter bollocks. There aren't many players with less of a "nasty streak" than Bale.

Claymore

Nani is an awesome player, one of my favs and I always argue with the old man who is better him or Bale but I have to say I'd be surprised if I ever saw Bale one day do what Nani did there. Shockingly bad. What Nani did there is Sergio Busquets level of play acting and I hate the play acting more than the diving itself. The rolling about making out you've been shot did come from the Spain/Portugal region of football and I remember watching us in the CL in the 90's when we were the only team in it from England, seeing those players doing it against us and thinking what the hellbare they doing. Nowadays you expect to see Barca or Porto etc to do it every game.

Even if England has a starfish or even Rooney going going down on occasion or other British/Irish players like Bale you know that the worst cases of divers or rollers to make their infamous marks have been foreign. Drogba, Torres, Nani and now Suarez.

Although with Nani I dont think hes trying to con the ref, he does just have those over the top reactions at times. The weird bahaviour at Anfield when Carragher should have been sent off and cut his leg was like what he did in that headbut clip, despite the bad tackle on him, was just strange and dramatic, un-premier league like IMO.

Varun

Staff
Nani is an awesome player, one of my favs and I always argue with the old man who is better him or Bale but I have to say I'd be surprised if I ever saw Bale one day do what Nani did there. Shockingly bad. What Nani did there is Sergio Busquets level of play acting and I hate the play acting more than the diving itself. The rolling about making out you've been shot did come from the Spain/Portugal region of football and I remember watching us in the CL in the 90's when we were the only team in it from England, seeing those players doing it against us and thinking what the hellbare they doing. Nowadays you expect to see Barca or Porto etc to do it every game.

Even if England has a starfish or even Rooney going going down on occasion or other British/Irish players like Bale you know that the worst cases of divers or rollers to make their infamous marks have been foreign. Drogba, Torres, Nani and now Suarez.

Although with Nani I dont think hes trying to con the ref, he does just have those over the top reactions at times. The weird bahaviour at Anfield when Carragher should have been sent off and cut his leg was like what he did in that headbut clip, despite the bad tackle on him, was just strange and dramatic, un-premier league like IMO.
That was a long time back. He's cut it out of his game now. The anfield incident was nothing weird so i dont really know where you're coming from. He was badly hurt but in a rush of blood/adrenaline, tried to get up and get to the player. He couldnt and fell down, never happened with you?

Also, after recent dives by Bale, both in the game vs arsenal and in the game vs pool, i dunno how he's any way better if not worse than the likes of nani.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Remarkably frigging selfish. Seems like he believes his own hype and thinks he can take on everyone and score every time he gets the ball. Absolute shite today.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Don't know if he's very selfish or impatient. If he doesn't see anyone to pass it to for 1 second he either runs with the ball or shoots.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He is a one trick pony anyways. Interesting to see how his game changes when age catches up with him and loses that pace in the years to come.

Saliph

Gets way too much criticism from some of you plonkers. He's an excellent player, would love to have him here.

Varun

Staff
What is with him playing all over the pitch? :houllier:

Stick to the left and do what you do. Run fast, get past players and put crosses in. They had Saha and Adebayor as strikers ffs.. Stupid stuff.

TheBest

SPNTBP
What is with him playing all over the pitch? :houllier:

Stick to the left and do what you do. Run fast, get past players and put crosses in. They had Saha and Adebayor as strikers ffs.. Stupid stuff.
Don't you know, he is the new messi. He can play anywhere.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Gets way too much criticism from some of you plonkers. He's an excellent player, would love to have him here.
Have to agree, can be accused of trying to hard to make something happen today maybe. With everything packed so tightly in midfield he was closely marked and have little support on the left wing . He do more damaged with spurs have natural width on both wings and not playing so conservatively with their fullbacks.

They went looking for the draw and it showed.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He was selfish today but I though he looked their main danger man. Had a good game and his running with the ball was excellent.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
he is over-rated though to an extent. A good player, but he doesnt have the class to do a Giggs and manage himself if/when the pace isnt there anymore. A great outlet to have for sure, but not a 40mill player as his type of style only declines with age, rather than peak. Just my feeling though, heck I could be wrong but thats the way I see it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He was decent, unlucky not to score.

To label that a "shite performance" is moronic, and not worthy of a reply.
So if you disagree with an opinion that makes it moronic and not worth your time? You're almost as arrogant as him.

Sylar

I dont remember him playing this much on the right earlier this season. He links up well with Assou but weird seeing him given so much of a free role. Hes good. He made a few mistakes obviously but it was hardly a shite performance.

TheBest

SPNTBP
He is a good crosser and has pace and so is good on counterattack but he should play only wide left. That was the main problem.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Giving him too much freedom is a mistake IMO.He's at his best when he stretches the left wing (and he can do it on the right too).Bale drifting inside is horrible to watch as he is lost out there

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Winger who can't to make 2 succesefull dribles through the game. Why would we want him when we have two better wingers in our team.

Member 39557

I thought he tried too many long range shots and was a bit too greedy in and around the box.

Kelvin

to think he was hype as the new messi, don't make people laugh.

Skywarden

Giving him too much freedom is a mistake IMO.He's at his best when he stretches the left wing (and he can do it on the right too).Bale drifting inside is horrible to watch as he is lost out there
And this is why he's been dipping in form. I agree.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He's dipped in form without doubt. Looks half the player he was 10 games ago.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was decent, unlucky not to score.

To label that a "shite performance" is moronic, and not worthy of a reply.
Thought he was poor today and I'm a fan of Bale's. I can't understand Harry as Spurs have got themselves in top three (now 4th) playing Bale left wing VDA in behind and Modric in the middle. Now Harry plays Modric on the wing and plays Sandro or Parker in centre mid :eek: I do hope Harry gets the England job :lol:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Gareth Bale is...............................a greedy bastard believing his own hype.

Agree with the lad above, he thinks hes better than he is now.

He also gets too much praise from the media when he pops up to score against Wigan or Norwich when his previously 5 or 6 games might have been poor.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does he have a right foot?
Does Valencia have a left? It doesn't matter as long as it works, and bale when he plays on the left like he used to before Harry started giving him more freedom to see if he can become like messi (incredibly stupid), he can be a really good winger. Not as consistent as Valencia or as good as nani though, I'd say he's probably the third best winger in the prem.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Redknapp made a massive mistake when he gave him a role with a lot more freedom and creativity. It was the worst thing he could possibly do. Bale is a good dribbler on the ball, but it's not his best attribute. Even if he is being hyped us as a special player, his game is very simple. Stick him out on the left wing, and let him bomb down the wing with the ball. He can often do something with it. Don't stick him in the middle, behind the striker, though.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Remarkably frigging selfish. Seems like he believes his own hype and thinks he can take on everyone and score every time he gets the ball. Absolute shite today.
:houllier:

What game were you watching?

He made a few good runs down the middle and had Tottenham's best chance by hitting the bar at the end.

SATA

I thought he was one of Spurs bright sparks along with Adebayor. He was making runs and trying to make things happen, and had a header off the bar. If that was a United player, he would be rated at least a 7 in a game that no one really shone

RedLars

he is over-rated though to an extent. A good player, but he doesnt have the class to do a Giggs and manage himself if/when the pace isnt there anymore. A great outlet to have for sure, but not a 40mill player as his type of style only declines with age, rather than peak. Just my feeling though, heck I could be wrong but thats the way I see it.
Nobody would've thought a Giggs at the same age would be able to transform his game the way he's done either.

Ironically enough it seems like it's always polemic with Bale (too). People either over or underrate him. Good player who will surely continue to improve. Would have him at United in a heart beat, as I've said in this thread before, but don't see it happening.

Only caught the second half today, but I thought he had an OK half. Was certainly Spurs best attacking outlet together with Adebayor. Modric for instance, had a stinker from what I saw. Bale was much better.