Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As much as I wanted Bale to Utd, I genuinely am shocked at the fee there.

When all the £80M talk came about I thought it was just the press pissing about trying to generate shock articles. Never did I think Madrid would actually go through with it!

Drifter

American
Can't imagine that for Fellaini. Good luck to bale hope it works out for him.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
As good as Bale is - this is just insane, someone needs to stop these fees. They are simply buying for buying's sake. Good luck to Bale though - for an English footballer, he seems quite nice and down-to-earth.

And after all, this transfer increased our chances of signing Ronaldo next year.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's quite depressing despite how much they've overpaid. Just the fact they have Ronaldo Bale Isco and Di Maria in the same squad is insane. Not to mention the shrewd managerial appointment.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I didn't know Bale's daughter was called Alba Violet Bale? AVB?

Bet his former manager is calling him Judas if anything.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Bloody hell, banging on about how it's his real dream, and it's true because they had a picture of him in a Madrid kit as a kit.

I am sure loads of kids wear all sorts of kits when they're into footy at a young age, I still know a lad who supports Newcastle, but wears Newcastle, man utd, man city, arsenal, Chelsea shirts :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
1230:

REAL BALE

More from Gareth Bale: "I just want to try a few words in Spanish. 'Hello. It is a dream to be here in Madrid.' Thank you for this welcome.'"
^^^^^^
That's not Spanish, you little monkey.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Real Madrid fans are going to be so hacked off when they realise how much Bale is really worth. All good luck to the lad, but it is nigh on impossible to live up to £300,000 a week, and an £85 million price tag. Only Ronaldo and Messi live up to that, he will find it hard.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I didn't know Bale's daughter was called Alba Violet Bale? AVB?

Bet his former manager is calling him Judas if anything.
That's what we call him around here, so...

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Real Madrid fans are going to be so hacked off when they realise how much Bale is really worth. All good luck to the lad, but it is nigh on impossible to live up to £300,000 a week, and an £85 million price tag. Only Ronaldo and Messi live up to that, he will find it hard.
Particularly with an unemployment rate of 25% and Spanish people strugglin to put food on their tables. However, it's not Bale's fault, so good luck to him. He's a very humble and nice chap, a professional role model.

As for Ronaldo, he'll be back at Old Trafford this time next year.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
seemed incapable of doing keepy uppies at his ceremony

hp88

Nothing official on the fee ? Some say he's the most expensive player, some say he's the second.
There's a clause in the deal that says no one is allowed to talk about the fee, I reckon it's more than what they paid for Ronaldo.