Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If I were Ronaldo I would be creeped out by Bale and how hard he's trying to imitate me. Now he's saying Ronaldo is thr main reason he came to madrid. Its like this weird gay dude that just won't leave you alone. I bet Bale came alittle and probably felt faint when he first met Ronaldo.

NinjaFletch

If I were Ronaldo I would be creeped out by Bale and how hard he's trying to imitate me. Now he's saying Ronaldo is thr main reason he came to madrid. Its like this weird gay dude that just won't leave you alone. I bet Bale came alittle and probably felt faint when he first met Ronaldo.

I honestly think it will just stroke Ronaldo's ego.

psychdelicblues

I'd be flattered.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
:lol: Most expensive player in the world and not even guaranteed to start! That's shocking.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I heard yesterday that his preferred destination was Man. United and that he would have joined us had a bid been accepted.
No biggie. We'll just sign him when he's gotten Spain out of his system.

bananaman

Its all kicking off in Spain because Perez got a 110 million loan off Bank Bankia in Spain for the deal.
That bank is bankrupt so in essence the European tax payer is footing the bill.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Its all kicking off in Spain because Perez got a 110 million loan off Bank Bankia in Spain for the deal.
I think we're all happy to chip in, I hope the media doesn't make an issue of this.

Is it true the loan came from them? I was reading on wiki and they are partly owned by the government (45%) after having received a 19 billion bailout last year.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I heard yesterday that his preferred destination was Man. United and that he would have joined us had a bid been accepted.
Is there any world class player in the world right now who wouldn't prefer United over other teams? Doesn't look like it right now in fairness. I guess players who join other teams only do so because United didn't come knocking at this stage.
First Ozil, now Bale... I'm pretty sure Messi only joined Barcelona as a last resort too, seeing as you weren't in for him.
I was a firm believer that Mourinho would have preferred a job at United rather than back at Chelsea, but now I'm starting to see why it got on the resident Chavs' tits so much.

Some people seem to think there's only United and all other teams are the reserves or some shit.
United is one of the biggest clubs in the world but there are a dozen others who've got just as much pull IMO.

By the way, this isn't a dig at you in particular Snow, it's just that I've been seeing various posts lately that reek of so much arrogance, like in the Ozil thread for example. And to think people call us the arrogant ones. :smirk:

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get it, it's arrogant if you read an article which says Ozil (or Bale) wanted to come to United?
No, it' arrogant when you think world class players join other teams only because United wasn't in for them...

I'm sure there have been cases where this can be applied, but I'm just reading way too many lately.

francobaresi

This is gonna be the biggest transfer flop in the history of the game. Madrid have been royally fecked over on this one. Hats off to Levy

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
No, it' arrogant when you think world class players join other teams only because United wasn't in for them...

I'm sure there have been cases where this can be applied, but I'm just reading way too many lately.
Fair enough. Can't say i've seen much of that myself though. I can say that i've seen discussion spurred on by articles about players waiting on United to get involved or wanting United to get involved.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Vato would have preferred to keep Ozil or are happy to replace him with bale?

Baxter

Financial Fair Play. :lol:

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
This is gonna be the biggest transfer flop in the history of the game. Madrid have been royally fecked over on this one. Hats off to Levy
He's going to prove himself, just like Ronaldo stepped it up after being labelled with that pricetag.

I bet he'll have a much better season that his last one at Spurs, which was great.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Vato would have preferred to keep Ozil or are happy to replace him with bale?
I hate to see him go, I really do but if Isco and Bale perform well week in week out and we win the league or the much anticipated 10th CL, then I guess we did the best for the team.

Ramos is completely gutted he left as he was his best mate in the team and so is Ronaldo, so the spirit at the moment isn't at it's best.
Let's hope the addition of Bale can lift it somehow so we don't fall behind Barca so soon in the competition.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hate to see him go, I really do but if Isco and Bale perform well week in week out and we win the league or the much anticipated 10th CL, then I guess we did the best for the team.

Ramos is completely gutted he left as he was his best mate in the team and so is Ronaldo, so the spirit at the moment isn't at it's best.
Let's hope the addition of Bale can lift it somehow so we don't fall behind Barca so soon in the competition.
Of course if you'r team is successful you'll be happy, but which player do you prefer out of the two and who do you think is actually the better player?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Of course if you'r team is successful you'll be happy, but which player do you prefer out of the two and who do you think is actually the better player?
I haven't seen enough of Bale mate, so I can't answer this yet.

I know that us getting rid of Ozil will be added pressure for Bale, that much is certain.

What I'm really curious about is how we'll line up. I have no clue who will play on the left Ronnie or Bale.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Is there any world class player in the world right now who wouldn't prefer United over other teams? Doesn't look like it right now in fairness. I guess players who join other teams only do so because United didn't come knocking at this stage.
First Ozil, now Bale... I'm pretty sure Messi only joined Barcelona as a last resort too, seeing as you weren't in for him.
I was a firm believer that Mourinho would have preferred a job at United rather than back at Chelsea, but now I'm starting to see why it got on the resident Chavs' tits so much.

Some people seem to think there's only United and all other teams are the reserves or some shit.
United is one of the biggest clubs in the world but there are a dozen others who've got just as much pull IMO.

By the way, this isn't a dig at you in particular Snow, it's just that I've been seeing various posts lately that reek of so much arrogance, like in the Ozil thread for example. And to think people call us the arrogant ones. :smirk:

Everyone loves being reassured how big they are.... :nervous:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

You just remind those people of Lucas, Hazard and Thiago. 3 players that have definitely chosen another team over us. I think you have some players that have done so as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I still can't believe how bad this transfer was all around :lol:
Buy bale for £85m is bale enough, but to then sell ozil for £42.5m?? Terrible piece of business for Madrid.

And do people really believe that bale would have preferred united? There's no chance in that. He only ever wanted Madrid. There's probably like 3 clubs (Madrid, Barca and bayern) who are much more attractive options for players. Then there's a few teams with a similar lure, but united these days, especially with sir Alex gone, are not in the top tier when it comes to luring players here.

Varun

Staff

Yeah its all a bit stupid specially considering quite a few players have turned us down recently for one reason or the other.

Fact is, we could never match REal's offer or the wage they will pay Bale. Regardless of our interest, unless you can pay up, it matters feckall in the scheme of things.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Going to be found out in Spain.

While I do rate him as a very good player, you need a lot more attributes then speed and a good shot in Spain.
Your movement, passing and vision needs to be on another level (See United in the Europa league) then in England.
His intelligence is nothing compared to players like Xavi, Ineista, Ozil, Ronaldo, Pedro, Messi to name a few and with his price tag, thats who he is going to be compared to.
You don't spend that money on a player so he can "learn" from another. You spend that kind of money on a player who is going to completely change a team for the better and that is something I don't see Bale doing for Madrid.

I hope my opinion is proved wrong though

Well actually I don't. I hope he flops like a beached Whale

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They said Real Madrid showed interest in Bale in around March or May ? Didn't Neymar also say the only two clubs interested in him were Real Madrid and Barca ? Could Real have ended up with both Neymar and Bale ?

JazzG

Resident Arse.

Superb :lol: Too many ignorant fans who seem to think the world revolves around their club.

NinjaFletch

You just remind those people of Lucas, Hazard and Thiago. 3 players that have definitely chosen another team over us. I think you have some players that have done so as well.
Of all the examples you pick you choose Lucas, who we didn't want to pay as much as PSG for, Hazard, who we didn't think was worth the money nor the payment to his agent and Thiago who we likely were never actually in for?

Vato is right, but those 3 players seemingly never had the choice to reject us.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I haven't seen enough of Bale mate, so I can't answer this yet.

I know that us getting rid of Ozil will be added pressure for Bale, that much is certain.

What I'm really curious about is how we'll line up. I have no clue who will play on the left Ronnie or Bale.
I think they'd probably both have licence to roam/swap, but Bale will probably start on the right and cut in, and Ronaldo vice versa.

Though I can see Bale playing through the middle, with Isco/di Maria on the right.

Intriguing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Of all the examples you pick you choose Lucas, who we didn't want to pay as much as PSG for, Hazard, who we didn't think was worth the money nor the payment to his agent and Thiago who we likely were never actually in for?

Vato is right, but those 3 players seemingly never had the choice to reject us.
Lucas and Hazard both had offers accepted from our club and were both offered a contract. They chose others. The Thiago bit wasn't revealed until after the comment was made.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
How football has changed over the years...Bale & Real Madrid will make a fortune from each other. Splitting his image rights 50/50 and he has even trademarked his goal celebration.

NinjaFletch

Lucas and Hazard both had offers accepted from our club and were both offered a contract. They chose others. The Thiago bit wasn't revealed until after the comment was made.
I'm pretty sure thats not right, I'm sure we balked at the fees both players would have cost rather than anything else. Obviously I'm not saying that they would have chosen us anyway, but I don't think they're great examples. Nasri is probably a better one.

NM

I'm pretty sure thats not right, I'm sure we balked at the fees both players would have cost rather than anything else. Obviously I'm not saying that they would have chosen us anyway, but I don't think they're great examples. Nasri is probably a better one.

And how are you so sure? Media reports everywhere said we had signed him. Then Chelsea won the CL and offered him a ton more money. So he chose them for the $$$

EDIT: talking about Hazard

NinjaFletch

And how are you so sure? Media reports everywhere said we had signed him. Then Chelsea won the CL and offered him a ton more money. So he chose them for the $$$

EDIT: talking about Hazard
Because Fergie said so?

"There is a borderline in terms of what you would think is a good signing for United," he said.
"I see some values on players, like Hazard for instance. To me it was a lot of money. He's a good player, but £34m?
"What we're finding anyway, the climate for buying these top players - not just the transfer fees, the salaries, agents' fees - is just getting ridiculous now."
The United chief added: "In the Hazard deal, Chelsea paid the agent £6m. The (Samir) Nasri situation was the same.
"It's all about what you think is value for a player. I am not envious of those deals at all. We placed a value on Hazard which was well below what they were talking about. So if it doesn't work, well we're not worried about that."

NM

Because Fergie said so?

"There is a borderline in terms of what you would think is a good signing for United," he said.
"I see some values on players, like Hazard for instance. To me it was a lot of money. He's a good player, but £34m?
"What we're finding anyway, the climate for buying these top players - not just the transfer fees, the salaries, agents' fees - is just getting ridiculous now."
The United chief added: "In the Hazard deal, Chelsea paid the agent £6m. The (Samir) Nasri situation was the same.
"It's all about what you think is value for a player. I am not envious of those deals at all. We placed a value on Hazard which was well below what they were talking about. So if it doesn't work, well we're not worried about that."

And... would Fergie say he chose Chelsea over us? I love Fergie, but he tells the media what he wants.