Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So, despite the confidentiality agreement. the financial story of the transfer is starting to appear - including a possible explanation of why Spurs (off the record) said 100m Euros and Madrid (off the record) say 91m and why both may be telling the truth. :smirk:

The following is speculative but may interest some sad souls interested in how businesses move big money.

The Euro MP who accused them of borrowing the money from Bankia, and by extension from European taxpapers, has provoked some of the financiers etc to start putting their side. It's summarised here:
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/09/04/primera/1378321005_631768.html

I await Swiss Ramble or someone similar explaining it, hopefully after some more details dribble out.

Meanwhile, what I'm told by my corporate law "friend" (OK - enemy given how much he was laughing at us last week) who has been reading around the subject, is something like. Madrid are paying 16m Euros now, followed by three further installments. Banco Santander are acting as guarantors for the 2014/5/6 payments - not actually handing over money in a loan. Madrid are using TV money as collateral for the guarantees.

Spurs are getting a payment using those guarantees - from Deutsche Bank who have basically bought the debt, using the Santander guarantees as collateral.

His guess (and it can be no more than a guess at the moment, because the clubs want to keep it obscure) is that Spurs got 91m Euros (£75m), but it will cost Madrid around 100m (£86m) because Santander and Deutsche Bank need to make a profit.

Incidentally for the curious that would equate to an interest rate of about 6% - not far off a typical safe bet commercial loan rate or Euribor + 5%

The_Red_Hope

How football has changed over the years...Bale & Real Madrid will make a fortune from each other. Splitting his image rights 50/50 and he has even trademarked his goal celebration.

Bloody Hell ! Am I the only one who see's a pair of overgrown balls and a tiny dick there? They seriously want to trademark this shit?

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
How football has changed over the years...Bale & Real Madrid will make a fortune from each other. Splitting his image rights 50/50 and he has even trademarked his goal celebration.

What a cock. Kids nowadays! :rolleyes: We need more Scholesys, fewer agents.

AlwaysRedwood

fecking hell, has it really come to this?

In the 90s, i think, the Los Angeles Lakers coach after winning two championships said they were going to "threpeat" in the post match press conference.

The next day he started trademark paperwork.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

:lol:

And I was just about to make a sculpture of that out of horological and chronometric instruments. Drat.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Pat Riley, and yes he's made some money off "three-peat," but the actual three-peat came up short in 1989 when an aging and bangedup Lakers squad were swept by Detroit. Odd stat about that Finals was the Lakers had become the first club to sweep through all three conference rounds only to then be swept in the Finals. Granted, Byron Scott missed the entire series and Magic was hobbled throughout and played five minutes in Game 3 and missed Game 4.

Here's a few more. http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-athletetrademarkedphrases/1/

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I think we're all happy to chip in, I hope the media doesn't make an issue of this.

Is it true the loan came from them? I was reading on wiki and they are partly owned by the government (45%) after having received a 19 billion bailout last year.
Not sure if serious? If taxpayers money was being used for the advancement of any professional football club including utd I'd be fecking furious!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Not sure if serious? If taxpayers money was being used for the advancement of any professional football club including utd I'd be fecking furious!
I assumed he was being sarcastic.

On the story itself, it's very unlikely - Bankia know they're under scrutiny. They've already denied it and so have Real Madrid.

The banks thought to be involved (though neither have actually made a loan) are Santander UK and Deutsche Bank.

See <a href="https://www.redcafe.net/threads/gar...ive-player-ever.307012/page-168#post-14173165">Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!</a> for the accountant version.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...eth-bales-transfer-fee-in-move-to-real-madrid

Zinedine Zidane has described Gareth Bale's transfer fee as 'incomprehensible' and admitted no player is worth such money, but he does not want the new Real Madrid recruit to feel the pressure of his record-breaking move.
Bale joined Real from Tottenham Hotspur in a world-record deal reported to be around €100million (£85.3), arriving on a six-year contract.
Zidane, who is now Carlo Ancelotti's assistant coach at Real, joined the nine-time European champions in 2001 for a then record fee.
He felt at the time that fee was over the top and appreciates that it is hard to understand how a player can cost as much as Bale in the current economic climate.
Asked whether Bale was worth the hefty fee paid for him, ex-France playmaker Zidane told Canal Plus: "You need to ask that question in a year's time.
"Ten years ago, they bought me for 75million euros and I said I wasn't worth it.

"I tend to say a player is not worth that. Two clubs agree on a price and no-one is forcing the other to do anything. That's football. Unfortunately, it's incomprehensible with what's happening today to pay so much."
Zinedine Zidane

"Today, I tend to say a player is not worth that. Two clubs agree on a price and no-one is forcing the other to do anything.
"That's football. Unfortunately, it's incomprehensible with what's happening today to pay so much."
Zidane believes Bale has the potential to go from strength to strength at the Santiago Bernabeu and is ready to offer the Welshman advice.
"My role will certainly be to tell him that he plays as he knows how to, to not put too much pressure on himself," he said.
"He has an incredible potential but he still has room for improvement."
Edit: Sorry for the shit formatting.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
The feck? Feel sorry for Bale going into that circus. I know he's on 300k a week and all but still.

Nogbadthebad

"Gareth, your hair is shit. And wheres your manbag? You have much to learn"

He has a man bag though, it looks like a plastic one from farm foods.

He is also in need of instruction in the art of not having a fecking great phone showing through your designer jeans pocket.

Sam

Ronaldo has to be gay? I mean surely no straight man can be that camp?