g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Daz

TalkSPORT saying we are interested in him ,They are hearing loud whispers is how they described it :lol:

tomaldinho1

Surprised Becks hasn't tried to pull a few strings and get him over to Miami.
I honestly just don't think he has the profile. I know they signed Matuidi but their fan base is Latin America heavy, given Bale's wage is so obscene, he could probably sign both Suarez & Higuain this window and be better off

Suvvernmanc

Unpopular opinion time.

I'll tell you why I think this would be a good signing for us. If the half wages rumour from Real is true then its more than doable from us and without it affecting our other top earners. I personally believe he's still a top player and would be brilliant back in PL. He could play as a striker or right inside forward in which we need both what with ighalo going and Sancho seemingly not happening.

BUT.. it would have to be on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd and no more.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Unpopular opinion time.

I'll tell you why I think this would be a good signing for us. If the half wages rumour from Real is true then its more than doable from us and without it affecting our other top earners. I personally believe he's still a top player and would be brilliant back in PL. He could play as a striker or right inside forward in which we need both what with ighalo going and Sancho seemingly not happening.

I agree IF we can’t get sancho this summer. It would allow greenwood time to develop and add experience. I genuinely think he’d still be top drawer in the PL

dinostar77

Unpopular opinion time.

Doesn't fit in with the cultural reboot at utd. A welsh sanchez.

GoldanoGraham

Just can’t see anyone taking him at even half wages - that’s still £320k+ a week gross - that makes him almost top earner at Utd - no way Spurs can pay that.

Also, he can’t stay fit (currently injured again) and when was the last time he played 90 minutes?

Reckon he’ll end up in Saudi Arabia or Qatar where he can coin it up and stroll around in low intensity football - just don’t think his body will be able to handle the physical and temperature of the EPL......
There are plenty of golf courses for him though while he is out injured!

mu4c_20le

Makes more sense for Spurs than us, they are totally skint and need a lift. Wages were a problem but if Bale is willing to make concessions then I can see it happening.

I think he’s still got a couple of years at the top left. Let’s see.

I’d take him on a subsidised loan, but I wouldn’t want to commit to a 2-3 year contract for him.

Is it smoke and missies from Real though? If they subsidise his wages, do they then want a transfer fee? The article is behind a paywall.

ravi2

Unpopular opinion time.

If we bought him, it would make us yearn for the days of Sanchez.
This has Spurs written all over it. thats a move that would make sense for both parties

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Would still be almost 1.5 mil per month for a player who is not motivated plus injured or out of form half of the time. Do not want.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm just worried about his injury. Quality wise, even an unmotivated Bale is still (maybe) better than 90% of all PL attackers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's going to Spurs.
How is he at tracking back, Mourinho usually prefers established players but usually likes his wingers to defend as much as they attack. Certainly Bale would be welcomed back with open arms at Spurs. However, could Spurs afford the transfer fee and even half his wages?

manunited1919

If we add Bale, we might just mount a decent CL run and challenge for the tittle. That being said, we should aim to pay about 30% of his salary, no more than 40%, on a 2 year loan.

Idxomer

How is he at tracking back, Mourinho usually prefers established players but usually likes his wingers to defend as much as they attack. Certainly Bale would be welcomed back with open arms at Spurs. However, could Spurs afford the transfer fee and even half his wages?
I don't remember him tracking back much at Madrid, but Mourinho makes exceptions for some players and Bale fits this profile. Also, there won't be a transfer fee and I understood from this tweet is that while Madrid will pay half of his salary, the other club will negotiate the rest. Spurs or any other club won't pay as much as Madrid.

CG1010

Didn't stop him from going for Sanchez.. I think he prefers to have 1-2 players who could create goals on their own while the rest of team is defending. But like you said do they have the money to pay him?

Also he hasn't played much football for a long time. Its not obvious that he can be quality anymore. Considering everything, its probably a bigger risk than Sanchez transfer was.

Bwuk

Bale would be a brilliant signing for Spurs tbf.

FujiVice

What's Ancelotti's relationship with Bale like? Everton seem to have the golden goose, shitting out big contracts this year.

youngrell

Giggs has had him tracking back a bit more than he was previously. He’s certainly not shy of putting in some hard work for the team.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We could do with an offensive LB.

marktan

The man's body is no longer built for football, he'll be injured within 5 games in the PL.

Anybody who sanctions paying £300k a week for him should be sacked on the spot.

A top class footballer is Bale but he should look at what Ronaldo did in his later years and trim down on the body muscle significantly.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It ain't happening.
Just like Sanchez was never going to come back.
Just like Rojo or Smalling wont be coming back.

Cliche Guevara

I think a lot of people might be misunderstanding what Real are reportedly saying. They seem to want him out of the club and reports appear to say they’ll pay him off with half his remaining contract to get him to feck.

Not subsidise half his wages on loan but agree here’s half your remaining wages feck off and get a contract somewhere else.

Don’t know if any of this is true but that was my reading of the initial rumours.

Should also say that’s not to take into account his basic wage. I have no idea what he’s on but if a significant proportion is image rights and, as common, a significant appearance/win bonus he could be on £200k basic, £200k per game then some kind of image rights thing as £200k on top.

If he’s told he won’t play again then £200k goes straight away. The image rights also came with him so that’s gone. A year pay off on his basic then he signs for four years on £150k per year and he’s earning as much as he’s likely to from now.

Similar to Sanchez I suppose.

I very much doubt Bale is on £600k per week. In fact is he feck.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Wouldn't Spurs take him back? Jose loves his 30 odd year old wingers also.

Pablo76

I very much doubt Bale is on £600k per week. In fact is he feck.
This. Maybe you could shout it louder for all the people in the Utd player threads, and others too, picking weekly wage amounts out of the sky to suit their narrative!

Status
Not open for further replies.