Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngrell

You mean for the PGA tour, right?
There’s nothing wrong with his commitment to Wales, where he is still admired and feels wanted and important. His attitude is purely a reflection on his treatment by Madrid.

I can’t say he’s behaved impeccably, but there’s no way his career goes the way it has without Madrid acting as they have.

dev1l

There’s nothing wrong with his commitment to Wales, where he is still admired and feels wanted and important. His attitude is purely a reflection on his treatment by Madrid.

I can’t say he’s behaved impeccably, but there’s no way his career goes the way it has without Madrid acting as they have.
They blocked his move to China - they could easily got rid of him but they chose to keep him even if they didn't want him.

Now they trying to do what we did with Sanchez. Loan him,paying part of his wages.
Amateurs.

Member 113277

Whatever the rights or wrongs of this situation, I don't see how Bale fits at Utd.

Ole is rebuilding a squad that is young, hungry and keen.

Bale has nothing to prove, but at his age, with his injury record, does not seem to fit that profile.

When SAF went for an ex RM player with a similar age/injury profile, it was on a smart/affordable deal with the intention of him playing mainly in second tier games, which apparently he was happy to accept, as he was a total pro for his time with the club - that's a different kettle of fish to this one.

You mean Owen?

If so Owen was a different kettle of fish, and a free transfer from Newcastle.

A lot of the time Bale has not played has been because he’s not been selected and frozen out, rather than injured. You are right, he’s nothing left to prove, but potentially has a couple of really good years left in him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
One season, and if we didn't act the way we have he'd be in China now...

Member 113277

You mean Owen?

If so Owen was a different kettle of fish, and a free transfer from Newcastle.

A lot of the time Bale has not played has been because he’s not been selected and frozen out, rather than injured. You are right, he’s nothing left to prove, but potentially has a couple of really good years left in him.
Yes, I meant Owen and I do agree it was a different case to Bale. There was little risk in taking Owen, he came happily as a squad player to supplement the team (one could say Ighalo was a similiar proposition and did a great job in the cups pre Covid).

I thought Sanchez had a couple of years left in him, I learned a lesson there and Bale looks a little too close to that for my liking.

Yes, I meant Owen and I do agree it was a different case to Bale. There was little risk in taking Owen, he came happily as a squad player to supplement the team (one could say Ighalo was a similiar proposition and did a great job in the cups pre Covid).

I thought Sanchez had a couple of years left in him, I learned a lesson there and Bale looks a little too close to that for my liking.
Yes Sanchez is the comparison. I think however, we have dodged the Sanchez to Utd bullet with Bale, that would have happened if we got him in the last 2 years.

Now we would be like the Sanchez to Inter situation, where Real subsidise the wages. I wouldn’t want the Inter version of Sanchez, but they got him on loan with zero risk and then on reduced wages.

A subsidised loan, I think would be acceptable.

Can’t see us jumping in with a 2-3 year contract for him, even at reduced wages on a free.

Real need to farm him out on loan to a PL, so he can prove he still wants to play, and can do so at a decent level.

Member 113277

Yes Sanchez is the comparison. I think however, we have dodged the Sanchez to Utd bullet with Bale, that would have happened if we got him in the last 2 years.

Now we would be like the Sanchez to Inter situation, where Real subsidise the wages. I wouldn’t want the Inter version of Sanchez, but they got him on loan with zero risk and then on reduced wages.

A subsidised loan, I think would be acceptable.

Can’t see us jumping in with a 2-3 year contract for him, even at reduced wages on a free.

Real need to farm him out on loan to a PL, so he can prove he still wants to play, and can do so at a decent level.
I agree completely with all of your (good) post.

Cliche Guevara

Bigger house. High profile footballers houses are in the double figure millions range, they have a mortgage to pay whilst they may be sold any season.
They don’t take out mortgages surely? Certainly not on tens of millions worth of property I wouldn’t have thought.

If Bale was on £600k per week (he isn’t) he could pay off a £10m property in 9 months just with half his wages!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m just waiting for the news that we have walked away from the Sancho deal and Bale will be brought in on loan instead :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are the only non-Chinese club in world football who would actually do this deal with his age, wages & injury record. So I expect it to happen.

mav_9me

While the idea sounds good, you have to be really wary of his motivation levels. At this highest level, you need to be have a different level of commitment. Doubt he will come to us.

AaronRedDevil

I feel like Bale is the only player that can improve united if he joins. Other right wingers don’t look like much of an improvement. His motivation is gone because of his Madrid treatment. This could light a fire in him at least if he joined here. But a loan is the only sensible way. Buying him is idiotic. Sancho doesn’t look like he’s coming or it would have been done by now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He’s old, injury prone, hasn’t played regularly in ages, has a questionable attitude & is on astronomical wages.

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

djembatheking

We are the only non-Chinese club in world football who would actually do this deal with his age, wages & injury record. So I expect it to happen.
He was once a world record signing, will command high wages and will miss a lot of games through injury. Yep, sounds like a perfect Woodward signing when he fails to get anyone else.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He was once a world record signing, will command high wages and will miss a lot of games through injury. Yep, sounds like a perfect Woodward signing when he fails to get anyone else.
It really would be the most typical Woodward signing wouldn’t it. Then he tears his hammy in his first game & we end up paying him 600k a week to chill out at Cheshire Golf Club while Dan James & Jesse Lingard play 30+ games again.

Oh God I can see this happening so clearly :lol:

djembatheking

It really would be the most typical Woodward signing wouldn’t it. Then he tears his hammy in his first game & we end up paying him 600k a week to chill out at Cheshire Golf Club while Dan James & Jesse Lingard play 30+ games again.

Oh God I can see this happening so clearly :lol:
Me too and if it happens it will be depressing cos it will just show how poorly the club is run and nothing has changed .
Like you said , at least we`ve got Jesse as back up.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I've been massively anti Bale as a transfer. Feel like he is done but given my luck and never zero knowledge of the game, I'd say he is a shoe in for the Balon D'or after he fires us to the Treble :drool:

Darlington Padgett

While the idea sounds good, you have to be really wary of his motivation levels. At this highest level, you need to be have a different level of commitment. Doubt he will come to us.
How does it sounds good? This sounds even worse than Sanchez. He's finished, has no motivation and will be the highest paid player in the squad.

Calm down. We won’t be buying Bale. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him arrive on a subsidised year long loan. Which is relatively risk free.

Before OGS we would have pushed for him on a 3 year contract on his full wage, that’s not how we operate now.

ForeverRed1

Whatever the rights or wrongs of this situation, I don't see how Bale fits at Utd.

Ole is rebuilding a squad that is young, hungry and keen.

Bale has nothing to prove, but at his age, with his injury record, does not seem to fit that profile.

When SAF went for an ex RM player with a similar age/injury profile, it was on a smart/affordable deal with the intention of him playing mainly in second tier games, which apparently he was happy to accept, as he was a total pro for his time with the club - that's a different kettle of fish to this one.
bale has everything to prove. He’s being written off by many, he may want to show he still can be a top player for someone.

I think he could be useful depending on the situation, if we get a good deal out of it why not? Year loan and Madrid paying half wages for example. Doesn’t work out its only a year loan, no massive loss.

Zoo

We want Sancho. That’s it. Not Bale, not Thiago, not Upamecano, not Reguilon, not Telles. Sancho.

Josh 76

Blows my fecking mind that people want this guy
If it's a choice between Sancho and Bale, I would take Sancho.
If it's a choice between Grealish and Bale, I would take Grealish.
If it's a choice between no more signings or Bale, I would take Bale.

dev1l

Tbf, Ole is insisting on signing a right winger - so in theory Bale should do. Some say even Boris Johnson is on the list :)

Fooza

If it's a choice between Sancho and Bale, I would take Sancho.
If it's a choice between Grealish and Bale, I would take Grealish.
If it's a choice between no more signings or Bale, I would take Bale.
But only if it's a loan with an option to buy, otherwise hell no.

mav_9me

How does it sounds good? This sounds even worse than Sanchez. He's finished, has no motivation and will be the highest paid player in the squad.
As a stop gap for RW for a year on loan with a big portion of wages being paid by real. That sounds like a reasonable idea imo. Until you realize he is not motivated which would mean he would be completely useless for us. That's my point.

SinNombre

Blows my fecking mind that people want this guy
Some of our muppets just want new players and for United to waste money on them so that they can moan about it and demand new players next season.

Rinse, repeat.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some of our muppets just want new players and for United to waste money on them so that they can moan about it and demand new players next season.

Rinse, repeat.
We'd all rather have Sancho all day long but if that deal can't be done I'd take Bale on loan with half of his wages being paid by Madrid. When he's fit he's still a top player and when he's not we could play the front 3 that ended last season.

It's not the disaster some are making it out to be if we can't get Sancho. Bayern loaned Coutinho n Perisic last season and won the treble. Two players the caf had written off as either a flop or past it.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Why sell Sanchez only to bring this nobhead in?

Status
Not open for further replies.