Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON’T PANIC ™

I’d take him on loan for a season and pay up to 50% of his salary. If he plays to his potential it’d be worth the risk. If he’s injured we can send him back to Madrid.

Paul_Scholes18

Bring him in and pay all of his salary. Just to make a statement that we can pay high wages and get who we want!
If it doesn't work out then we can let Mourinho or Anchelotti buy him ;).

LoneStar

Haven’t watched a lot of him in recent years. But in the last couple of seasons, has he ever had one season where he’s been consistently good? He seems to always be injured. And it’s not like his injury record would get better at his age.

If he’s willing to play for wages which are heavily performance based, and if it’s a loan, I’d take him. But no way would he be happy about that.Not even sure if he’s one hundred percent in it as well. He’s won a lot of trophies as well,so fair play.

Kyonn

I’d take him on loan for a season and pay up to 50% of his salary. If he plays to his potential it’d be worth the risk. If he’s injured we can send him back to Madrid.
Agreed. Would be a great stop gap if we don't get Sancho.

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
I like Bale. He's still obviously very talented.
The main issue is obviously two things.

1. His injury record. Now I've not looked up facts so feel free to correct me, but it's felt like he's been injured a lot.

2. His wages. Even if the rumours are true and Madrid are prepared to pay half his wages that's still a Sancho wages on the book. A worry cos of point 1.

ReallyUSA

He had his chance to come here for years. Don't want him now that he's on the way down.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didn't want Mourinho here, I didnt want Zlatan( change of type of striker that led to Lukaku) and I didnt want Lukaku nor Sanchez.

Something tells me Bale isnt the same as any of those.

Not every old player or stereotype is just 'that' simple.

I mean this guy can break Liverpool to a way Sanchez can only dream of.

If we can do a deal in a mindful way without getting bit - which shouldn't be hard because we are dealing with real madrid - then we should go for it.

drmuji

Can he play up top. Because if he can't, I don't see him fitting into the current system. I mean, we sure are getting Sancho. He can be a replacement to Ighalo, if he is comfortable on the bench (which I am sure he is)

nickyboy1981

He's only just turned 31? He seems to me like one of those players who has been around forever, like Raul and Benzema.

I wonder if playing so regularly since he was 16 has contributed to his injury issues.

Can he play on the right? He was so good in his last season at Tottenham, if he can get anywhere near back to that form he would be worth a punt for a season on loan paying half his wages. I wonder if he can though, the injuries and age I guess have seen him lose that yard of pace that made him so electric.

I actually would prefer to see Peresic in the interim.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think you guys have watched Bale lately if you'd be okay with him on a loan.

He is shot physically and has been absolutely terrible for Real the past 2 seasons.

Stay far away from him.

DevilRed

Would take him on loan if we missed out on Sancho for this summer.

I think he is still a class player and if he can accept fighting it out for a place with Greenwood/James, then I think it would be a great (loan) signing.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I like Bale. He's still obviously very talented.
The main issue is obviously two things.

1. His injury record. Now I've not looked up facts so feel free to correct me, but it's felt like he's been injured a lot.

2. His wages. Even if the rumours are true and Madrid are prepared to pay half his wages that's still a Sancho wages on the book. A worry cos of point 1.
There's no transfer fee, why would you worry about the wages?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We need someone who can dribble so even at low cost he'd be a bad alternative to Sancho.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will Bale be motivated and fit to actually play? Those are surely the two main stumbling blocks to a deal even at "only" £16m a year instead of 30 odd.

Real Madrid will be stuck with him and the only way they get any value is by him him playing at the top level again for them.

SinNombre

I can't believe so many so-called United fans wouldn't want him at Old Trafford, surely you can't all hate the Welsh.
He is Wales' worst player bad.

Got subbed at half time bad.

Daniel James is a significantly superior alternative bad.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

There are some talented young players in the Wales squad but Bale and by quite some distance is their best player and still has a lot to offer for the right club. Not sure United is that club but if we can't get a deal sorted for Sancho we could do worse than bringing Bale in even if it's on a one year loan deal.

croadyman

Surely not?

I mean, we’re not this gullible are we? Did Sanchez teach us nothing?

I’d rather just play Greenwood.
Maybe he could find form again but would rather we don't have to walk away from Sancho to find out,however if they don't budge then controversial as it may seem would still take him as a last resort loan deal.

Would prefer Dembele on loan over Bale but get the distinct impression that no way are Barcelona willing to let him go.

Fracture90

Honestly if we're not getting any other RW this summer and if Madrid are going to pay for the majority of his wages, I'd take him on a year long loan. He'd play some games and he'd spend the rest being injured, but on his day he was one of the best in the world. Our youth players could use someone of his experience.

iHicksy

Came on as a sub in the CL final and scored two goals including a worldie on the biggest stage to break the scousers hearts. Worth getting him on loan with an option to buy just for the potential for those moments ;E

youngrell

That’s just not true.

His half time sub was pre-planned due to his lack of match fitness.

He still plays a pivotal role for Wales.

croadyman

Came on as a sub in the CL final and scored two goals including a worldie on the biggest stage to break the scousers hearts. Worth getting him on loan with an option to buy just for the potential for those moments ;E
Yeah I know we laugh but just imagine him doing that at Anfield in January to end their unbeaten home run

croadyman

Honestly if we're not getting any other RW this summer and if Madrid are going to pay for the majority of his wages, I'd take him on a year long loan. He'd play some games and he'd spend the rest being injured, but on his day he was one of the best in the world. Our youth players could use someone of his experience.
What would you class as the majority of his wages then just out of interest

Fracture90

So by my calculations that would see them paying around £420k of his wages and we would foot around £180k
Jeez, he's making a lot of money. Reckon they'd accept though, better than to have him play golf and fake injuries.

FujiVice

If he signs for another Champions League club, 100% that team is drawing Madrid at some point in the competition.

tjb

He made his choice. He's no longer a physical beast and without that and the dedication of someone like ronaldo to stay really fit, signing him would be us signing Schweinsteiger. If a manager sees a brand name like Bale and chooses to use Vincinius over him, then there's another side to the story, not just injuries.

Luke1995

He's only just turned 31? He seems to me like one of those players who has been around forever, like Raul and Benzema.

I wonder if playing so regularly since he was 16 has contributed to his injury issues.

Can he play on the right? He was so good in his last season at Tottenham, if he can get anywhere near back to that form he would be worth a punt for a season on loan paying half his wages. I wonder if he can though, the injuries and age I guess have seen him lose that yard of pace that made him so electric.

I actually would prefer to see Peresic in the interim.
It's because he has been around ''forever''

I remember he played a friendly against Brazil in 2006. Ronaldinho was still the best in the world...

Pretty much since 2006 he has been playing football non-stop. He was 17, so you add 14 more years and it gets him to 31...still young if you're expecting two good seasons out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.