GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

TheGame

I see all of the right wing cnuts are coming in support of Dan Wootten. GB news is the establishment and Dan Wootten needs to be held to account for his actions. Let's see how fast they delete the tweets after.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I see all of the right wing cnuts are coming in support of Dan Wootten. GB news is the establishment and Dan Wootten needs to be held to account for his actions. Let's see how fast they delete the tweets after.
I never understood when they use that establishment argument in the opposite sense, "the establishment and elite are out to get me/him", how are you not the establishment?? Tucker Carlson seemed to do it a lot.

hodgey123

I never understood when they use that establishment argument in the opposite sense, "the establishment and elite are out to get me/him", how are you not the establishment?? Tucker Carlson seemed to do it a lot.
It's because that is the soundbite that their target audience want to hear. Farage/Wootton probably know they are part of the establishment, but they know that people are disenfranchised with politics/society and to be seen to be rallying against the establishment scores easy political points. It is how Boris Johnson managed to cruise to an 80-seat majority despite being the most establishment, Eton Tory that there is.

TheGame

It's because that is the soundbite that their target audience want to hear. Farage/Wootton probably know they are part of the establishment, but they know that people are disenfranchised with politics/society and to be seen to be rallying against the establishment scores easy political points. It is how Boris Johnson managed to cruise to an 80-seat majority despite being the most establishment, Eton Tory that there is.
Exactly this, according to he dimwits who believe them, JRM is not the establishment whereas anyone with any brain knows he is. It's easy for them to use phrases like witchhunt, establishment, dark forces etc because the people who watch this stupid channel and those people lap it up. It demonstrates the state of the electorate and thick some people are.

jeff_goldblum

It's just a transparent deflection tactic. They're setting themselves up as victims in order to undermine the efforts of groups who have legitimate reason to be angry at the establishment and the status quo, e.g - in response to gay folks successfully pushing for representation in the media after decades of being ignored, made fun of and stereotyped, you get right wingers claiming that gay people being on television is somehow an attack on their right to not want to see gay people.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Exactly this, according to he dimwits who believe them, JRM is not the establishment whereas anyone with any brain knows he is. It's easy for them to use phrases like witchhunt, establishment, dark forces etc because the people who watch this stupid channel and those people lap it up. It demonstrates the state of the electorate and thick some people are.
It's just a transparent deflection tactic. They're setting themselves up as victims in order to undermine the efforts of groups who have legitimate reason to be angry at the establishment and the status quo, e.g - in response to gay folks successfully pushing for representation in the media after decades of being ignored, made fun of and stereotyped, you get right wingers claiming that gay people being on television is somehow an attack on their right to not want to see gay people.
Yeah all very good points, it is an obvious and insidious tactic. Just a bit mind-blowing how it constantly gets rolled out and works.

It’s a Marxist plot is what it is
:lol:

neverdie

There is no left in England. It's gone the same way as America, sort of by design imo (press). The left they talk about is Andrew Marr or James O'Brien (establishment enough to be Back to the Future influence for Orwell's 1984).

Media parasites drumming up their own nonsense. I hate them all.

Establishment newscaster says of establishment newscaster: establishment. How does this shit still fly? America has so much to answer for. Murdoch and TalkRadio.

You see NBC. Or some other suitably shite American television channel and they spend 99% of their time, monologues, talking about Fox, and Fox spends 99% of their time doing the same thing. The biggest fecking grift of punch and judy bullshit in recent times.

Last edited:

Lee565

Hmmmmm.....

The establishment, so he means the most popular news papers with the biggest influence like the daily mail and the sun or does he mean the in power tory government or does he mean the elite 1% that all happen to dodge taxes and vote tory or does he mean twitter which is owned by a super rich right wing person.

I would love for them to actually describe in the detail the real establishment that lurk in shadows

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just seeing bits and pieces of this. This guy is a psycho. Why is the establishment protecting him? It's bizarre.

That bit about the senior staff member who took a knife to a meeting with the intention of cutting their wrist in front of the executive who sided with Wooton against him or her... that's mental. Imagine one of your employees feeling that tormented by another member of staff that it's come to taking that kind of drastic action?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just seeing bits and pieces of this. This guy is a psycho. Why is the establishment protecting him? It's bizarre.

That bit about the senior staff member who took a knife to a meeting with the intention of cutting their wrist in front of the executive who sided with Wooton against him or her... that's mental. Imagine one of your employees feeling that tormented by another member of staff that it's come to taking that kind of drastic action?
He’s apparently got dirt on quite a few important people which is what is protecting him. The rumour is that he’s got photos or videos about a certain affair which involved pegging.

Jazz

He’s apparently got dirt on quite a few important people which is what is protecting him. The rumour is that he’s got photos or videos about a certain affair which involved pegging.
I've seen something in passing about 'that' rumour. Don't know how true it is and it is a personal thing so whatever. But it does make me wonder in light of the revelation that
Wooten had a contact in the 'pegging' household who was subsequently put on a retainer by the sun editor I believe? So if the rumour is true then maybe they had to trade some other gossip in return for Wooten keeping his mouth shut? If this is the case, it's all rather tawdry and concerning that a person in that position has gotten entangled with this creepy tabloid hack.

In any case, someone or some people are definitely protecting this weirdo. There can be no other reason why the Sun paid out £1M to some of the people he abused.

Sweet Square

I've seen something in passing about 'that' rumour. Don't know how true it is and it is a personal thing so whatever.
Not really. Hard earned British tax money potentially paid for that strap on and the good honest people of this country deserve to know!

Jazz

Not really. Hard earned British tax money potentially paid for that strap on and the good honest people of this country deserve to know!
:lol:

I don't know if we need to have the details. It's kind of gross knowing that much detail!

I get what you're saying though. What's most concerning is that the institution is in the gutter with the tabloid press. I see that clearly even if some members of the public want to pretend otherwise. I'd rather my taxes not go towards it though...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've seen something in passing about 'that' rumour. Don't know how true it is and it is a personal thing so whatever. But it does make me wonder in light of the revelation that
Wooten had a contact in the 'pegging' household who was subsequently put on a retainer by the sun editor I believe? So if the rumour is true then maybe they had to trade some other gossip in return for Wooten keeping his mouth shut? If this is the case, it's all rather tawdry and concerning that a person in that position has gotten entangled with this creepy tabloid hack.

In any case, someone or some people are definitely protecting this weirdo. There can be no other reason why the Sun paid out £1M to some of the people he abused.
Correct

Also correct

TheGame

It's sickening all of these MPs coming out in support of him, disgusting to be protecting a predator yet they were shouting at the rooftops about the BBC and ITV. It's like Farage and everyone coming to support him over this bank issue. These people are the establishment yet they have convinced the braindead that they aren't.

Tarrou

my whole family is annoyed at my dad for watching GB News non stop

even my 11 year old nephew has had a tit full at this point :lol:

Tarrou

Genuine question - how do your family deal with someone who is into something so monumentally stupid?
we all just ignore it

I started that years ago and everyone’s followed suit

it’s really sad tbh but not a lot else you can do

Tyrion

we all just ignore it

I started that years ago and everyone’s followed suit

it’s really sad tbh but not a lot else you can do
I think its called Fox news brain. Families have genuinely fallen out over it.