General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fergies Gum

Why are they allowed to keep their verified twitter account?

The referendums done and dusted and the other EU referendum campaign groups like "Vote Leave" have archived their websites and social media accounts.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's surely got to be Tory minority and another election in three months or so, if that happens?

EDIT - Or we just accept this democracy thing isn't working and return to absolute monarchy.
I think the main reason this election was called was to give the Tories an extra 2 years to negotiate Brexit. "Not having a big enough majority" was a ridiculous excuse. It hadn't stopped them pass anything so far

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So assuming they got 4 seats again, and taking out the speaker, thats 5 seats gone.

323 needed for a majority.

Tories 307 + Lib Dems 10 = 317 ...... only 6 away
Labour 261 + SNP 47 + Lib Dems 10 + Plaid Cymru 2 + Green 1 = 321 ..... still 2 away

Who on earth knows how this is going to go
SDLP as well, but they might lose seats. Though Sinn Fein could gain some, which would reduce the total needed again. Imagine the instability of that government, though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Corbyn has gone down to 3/1 to be PM after the election. Four weeks ago, you could get 20/1 on one website. The possibility of a hung parliament and possible Labour minority government is no longer as ridiculous at it seemed.

DenisIrwin

What would make you happiest on election night? This ranks right up there for me...

Untied

Opinium have a 6 point lead

Comres still have a 12 point lead but their groundwork includes this

which makes me quite suspicious of that lead. I think they might be overcorrecting for 2015.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Pretty much everything political disliked by the country at the moment

...except the Greens @DiseaseOfTheAge

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That is fecking ridiculous if true in all seriousness (Valencia can't speak English). Fecking rude beyond anything else.
How is it rude?
There are tons of Brits who have been living on the coasts of Spain for decades that can't speak a word of Spanish.

Untied

Leave.EU speaking for all of the UK, as represented by their proud Union Flag emoji, and simultaneously forgetting that Welsh is an official language of that country.

DenisIrwin

How is it rude?
There are tons of Brits who have been living on the coasts of Spain for decades that can't speak a word of Spanish.
Yeah but they can shout. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT???!!!

Edit: No offence intended. Meant in jest.

Last edited:

DenisIrwin

Leave.EU speaking for all of the UK, as represented by their proud Union Flag emoji, and simultaneously forgetting that Welsh is an official language of that country.
Ironic that the word "Welsh" derives from old English/Germanic for "Foreigner", given that they were here before the English/Germanic people migrated here.

montpelier

This Walker bloke (Daily Mirror) is a strong remainer & must be basing his batshit idea on Maidenhead having voted remain & as he has previously tweeted, ''There is something about Theresa that even Sir Lynton can't fix. A great many traditional Tories simply don't like her and her hard Brexit.''

He's a mentalist.

edit - if he seriously reckons TM might lose her seat

Last edited:

Dobba

This Walker bloke (Daily Mirror) is a strong remainer & must be basing his batshit idea on Maidenhead having voted remain & as he has previously tweeted, ''There is something about Theresa that even Sir Lynton can't fix. A great many traditional Tories simply don't like her and her hard Brexit.''

He's a mentalist.
Which bit of that is wrong? She's abysmal. It won't be enough for her to lose her seat because as I've said before Tories might be cnuts but they're loyal cnuts, but it doesn't make it untrue.

Fergies Gum

Anybody else notice how quiet Rowling has got since Labour's "surge" in the polls? For someone who apparently wants a Labour government so much, it is quite strange.
Too busy moaning about Trump.

montpelier

Which bit of that is wrong? She's abysmal. It won't be enough for her to lose her seat because as I've said before Tories might be cnuts but they're loyal cnuts, but it doesn't make it untrue.
OK, he's making mischief via a mentalist idea. I was just trying to fill in some background but didn't construct t'post very well.

What you said is also true & why it won't be happening, unfortunately.

montpelier

2 more, admittedly fairly minor, reasons to hate the fecking Tories

source: Twitter

''I have no party allegiance, I just call it as I see it.'' - Julia Hartley-Brewer (one of our LBC friends)

''After this is over, major national re-education programme needed for young voters on money, tax, defence, life.'' - Iain Martin (Times journo)

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Q. Why are you pushing the most vulnerable into a meatgrinder?
A. No surrender to the IRA!

Keep pushing that compassionate conservatism.

Untied

2 more, admittedly fairly minor, reasons to hate the fecking Tories

source: Twitter

''I have no party allegiance, I just call it as I see it.'' - Julia Hartley-Brewer (one of our LBC friends)

''After this is over, major national re-education programme needed for young voters on money, tax, defence, life.'' - Iain Martin (Times journo)
Thankfully I think more people have shared this take on Martin's tweet than actually agreed with him