Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I am likely going to purchase this and then play it. Thank you for reading.

Bosws87

Ill wait to see the consensus on this one, i loved Infamous by Sucker Punch the main missions were awesome along with the new powers, but the side missions were a proper chore and had zero originality copy and pasted throughout the whole game.

Hopefully they haven't made the same mistake!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This is great

New small gameplay videos were released which actually show more than State of Play video. Looks cool

b82REZ

Despite my reservations I've preordered this.

It does look better than I originally thought and I hope they do a good job of fleshing out the world because otherwise it will be just another AC clone.

The two different playstyles look interesting. Normally I'm more inclined to be stealthy but the samurai fights look really impressive so I'll probably try and play that way, at first at least.

JohnZSmith27

Despite my reservations I've preordered this.

It does look better than I originally thought and I hope they do a good job of fleshing out the world because otherwise it will be just another AC clone.

The two different playstyles look interesting. Normally I'm more inclined to be stealthy but the samurai fights look really impressive so I'll probably try and play that way, at first at least.
Yeah it looks great. I'll be all over a bit of stealth action. The gameplay looks great. My small gripe would be the way the enemies seem to fly back like they've been hit with a bazooka when you shoot an arrow at them. Not super stealthy.

b82REZ

Yeah it looks great. I'll be all over a bit of stealth action. The gameplay looks great. My small gripe would be the way the enemies seem to fly back like they've been hit with a bazooka when you shoot an arrow at them. Not super stealthy.
After forced stealth in TLOU2 I feel like a need a change of pace.

Bojan11

Preload up. 35gb for game and 22gb for bonus content. I ordered the digital deluxe edition.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Damn, 35gb actually seems... small? Assuming it's a huge OWG like they're saying. Then again i suppose it is still current gen and the likes of Horizon, Witcher 3 were all < 50GB as I recall.

I've it pre-ordered anyway, I'm not expecting anything amazing but it should look pretty and be a good way to pass 50+ hours.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I always get the standard version. I look the deluxe and it's always like "other outfit for this character" and I could not give less of a shit.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Pre-ordered the collectors edition. But ordered it from Denmark (wasn't available in Norway) so I'm sure I'll have to wait a few weeks extra. :p

b82REZ

Is it out this week? Thought it was next Friday?

I really need to finish Last of Us this weekend

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Please be good. Reviews should hit early if it’s a banger.

b82REZ

Please be good. Reviews should hit early if it’s a banger.
I still expect it will be middle of the road. There's not many revolutionary things you can add to OWGs nowadays.

I was sold on the two styles but I know in reality I won't only use one style so that probably isn't going to add much to the game.

I'm still looking forward to it and it'll perfect for me to play over the summer holiday.

Paxi

Tuesday apparently. Not sure if that's a particularly good sign given Sony usually drop them at least a week early if they know they'll be good.
Think that’s good as it’s couple of days before release. From what I remember if the game is shite, companies will embargo reviews until the morning of the release. I’m sure of it happening a few times. Though I cannot give you examples. Perhaps someone could help me out...

Bojan11

Think that’s good as it’s couple of days before release. From what I remember if the game is shite, companies will embargo reviews until the morning of the release. I’m sure of it happening a few times. Though I cannot give you examples. Perhaps someone could help me out...
It’s been the opposite too. Bethseda had reviews on the same day for a few of their games and the reviews were good.

Paxi

I still expect it will be middle of the road. There's not many revolutionary things you can add to OWGs nowadays.

I was sold on the two styles but I know in reality I won't only use one style so that probably isn't going to add much to the game.

I'm still looking forward to it and it'll perfect for me to play over the summer holiday.
If it’s better than Days gone I’ll definitely be getting it. Though I’ll definitely be waiting until Digital Foundry do tech review etc as well. Though everything looks promising so far.

pacifictheme

Really looking forward to this but due to other commitments I still haven't finished tlou2 and I had f1 2020 come in the post yesterday. Was going to preorder but may just wait until I have at least finished tlou2. At least I can wait for reviews this way.

b82REZ

Iirc Death Stranding had a relatively early review embargo (albeit reviewers could not talk or reference the second part of the game) and it received mixed reviews.

Although that game is the definition of a marmite game and I think Kojima knows his fans will buy his games regardless.

Paxi

It’s been the opposite too. Bethseda had reviews on the same day for a few of their games and the reviews were good.
Could be. The only reason I’m saying this is cause I follow quite a few game commentators who were complaining about it but I’m not actually sure which studio has form for it.

b82REZ

If it’s better than Days gone I’ll definitely be getting it. Though I’ll definitely be waiting until Digital Foundry do tech review etc as well. Though everything looks promising so far.
I'll let you know how I find it next week.

It was getting my new telly that really pushed me to preorder it so I hope it looks good in 4k.

Paxi

I'll let you know how I find it next week.

It was getting my new telly that really pushed me to preorder it so I hope it looks good in 4k.
What did you get? I just got the C9 last weekend. Been mighty so far. Just waiting on next gen ryzen cpu and Navi/Nvidia graphics cards to drop then I can really enjoy it.

b82REZ

What did you get? I just got the C9 last weekend. Been mighty so far. Just waiting on next gen ryzen cpu and Navi/Nvidia graphics cards to drop then I can really enjoy it.
It's a Samsung but I couldn't tell you which one. But the picture quality is amazing. Significantly better than the last 4k TV I owned.

Paxi

It's a Samsung but I couldn't tell you which one. But the picture quality is amazing. Significantly better than the last 4k TV I owned.
Yeah go for it. I was thinking about a q90 for a while as I was worried for about burn in but then I just went for it anyway.

el3mel

Haven't pre-order but I'll sure buy it 1 or 2 days after its release.

pratyush_utd

Tuesday apparently. Not sure if that's a particularly good sign given Sony usually drop them at least a week early if they know they'll be good.
Spiderman had 3 days embargo if I remember correctly.

This game is one I have been waiting for years.

Cory Barlog approves it

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Spiderman has 3 days embargo if I remember correctly.

This game is one I have been waiting for years.

Cory Barlog approves it
Nice!

My main concern is the fact that we've still seen so little gameplay.

But it's been in development by a pretty good studio for over six years so I'm hoping it'll at least be somewhat good.

pratyush_utd

Nice!

My main concern is the fact that we've still seen so little gameplay.

But it's been in development by a pretty good studio for over six years so I'm hoping it'll at least be somewhat good.
Don't want to spam this thread, but if you like Skillup reviews, watch from 2:00 on below video. He gives high emphasis on gameplay and was alluding to positive review. Found it on reddit.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The infamous games were excellent especially 1-2 so I know for a fact Sucker Punch will make an engaging open world. My biggest issue is I’ve been putting loads of time into AC Odyssey recently and I don’t know if there’s going to be enough to differentiate between them and keep me engaged. Also I’m not that keen on the era, always found samurai etc to be a bit cliche. It’s part of the reason I never fancied a Japanese AC setting.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why aren't the reviews out on this yet?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This looks really cool, but open world games aren't always my thing. Will buy it amyway though.