Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

el3mel

With those two their views almost always align to mine so I look of for them more than most. I can’t remember last time I disagreed with them strongly. Happy days.
Easy allies are also good, though they're some times very generous with their scores. :lol: But I like to listen to their reviews. They write their scripts pretty well.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Im old, what's ACG and Skill up?

This is like Assassins Creed then. That's a 70 euros poorly spend then, I fecking hate Assassins Creed.

el3mel

This is like Assassins Creed then. That's a 70 euros poorly spend then, I fecking hate Assassins Creed.
YouTube gaming reviewers. Search these names on YouTube and you'll find their channels.

siw2007

Reviews seem pretty good if not amazing. After watching a few, I get the gist that it is an excellent version of the same open game formula which is what was expected in many ways, it depends on how much the 'same formula' is going to bother you will depend on how much you are going to be into it. Personally, it isn't going to bother me, I had the same reservations about Horizon when I bought that but was totally blown away, I think this is going to be the same. Already impressed by the bits of soundtrack that I have heard, sounds epic.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
YouTube gaming reviewers. Search these names on YouTube and you'll find their channels.
Found it. Skill up looks like a young, slightly more nerdy Jim Jefferies.

Is he always this insanely positive though? It's a bit much :lol:

el3mel

He's very objective. Check out his TLOU2 or RE3remake reviews for example. He actually criticizes them a lot but still points to the positives in them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's very objective. Check out his TLOU2 or RE3remake reviews for example. He actually criticizes them a lot but still points to the positives in them.
Ooh, so that means this game might actually be good. That's nice, I already paid for it :drool:

Stactix

Think I'll get this eventually, looks good fun and ACG is pretty spot on for the most part. Wouldn't be surprised if some reviewers found it too difficult :D.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I actually really like the look of this after seeing the reviews. The fact that there are no levels on player or enemies is brilliant and really rewards improving player skill over just simple grind. The combat also looks great which is often what holds many open-world games back. Visually it also looks great, I think Suker Punch has potentially delivered another classic here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Going by the ones I trust (namely the two YouTubers you mentioned) this is actually really good unlike the empty pot of nothingness that is Assassin's Creed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He can be over the top in his praise for the games he rates hightly. But no, he's critical of many many games.

b82REZ

My biggest worry that this would be an AC clone set in Japan seems unfounded.

The early previews did not do this game any favours IMO as it really did look like a rip off of tired type of game.

The reviews yesterday really emphasised to me how much effort they have put into the combat. The stealth sections do look very cookie cutter and reviews seem to reflect that, but my god do some of those samurai battles look amazing.

I was talking myself out of this over the weekend because im yet to finish TLOU but I honestly can see me forgetting about the second half of that game in favour for this.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

So basically it is going to take me forever to finish this.

b82REZ

The SkillUp review has pushed this into the definite buy (if I ever get another job) category.
I have to say I only became aware of this fella during TLOU review saga.

He's very good, but I take his objective-ness with a grain of salt. In one breath he bemoans the samey gameplay of AC and then in another video he recently uploaded he praises it for the same things he used as criticisms in this review.

But looking back over his reviews I tend to share a lot of opinions with him so I hope he's right about Ghost.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why would you take photo's of a video game? What is the purpose? Do you show your friends?

pacifictheme

Will definitely be getting this, but not until I finish tlou2. Also got f1 2020 last week so may be a while, but it looks amazing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why would you not? They’re little moments of beauty.
I find images of video games usually most beautiful because of their movement. A still of an animated field of cherry blossoms seems infinitely inferior to a still of an actual field of cherry blossoms.

b82REZ

I find images of video games usually most beautiful because of their movement. A still of an animated field of cherry blossoms seems infinitely inferior to a still of an actual field of cherry blossoms.
I have no interest in photomodes but you can create small animated scenes in this.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I haven't played an Assassins Creed game since the second one in 2009. I've just seen there's been about 20 since :lol:

If it plays like AC it will feel fresh to me.

Amarsdd

haven't really followed this game's reviews, how is the combat supposed to be like or any good reviews regarding the combat? From the gameplay trailers, I wasn't really fond of it. But I'm usually not fond of sword combat much anyway.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I haven't played an Assassins Creed game since the second one in 2009. I've just seen there's been about 20 since :lol:

If it plays like AC it will feel fresh to me.
In a way I’m very jealous of you. If you pick this game up it’s going to blow you away compared to even those old AC games.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thought this was released at midnight Friday night, didn't realise it was tonight. Working weekend so means I can have a full day of it tomorrow :drool:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t wait to play this. Going to stick The Last Samurai on tonight.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Have just done the first hour, really like it so far. Still only at the getting used to controls and easing into story but no complaints. Wait, one complaint.... so many fecking leaves floating around in cut scenes.... ha.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Been watching Kurosawa films and Hiroshi Inagaki's Samurai trilogy all week leading up to this. I have never been more primed.
He doesn't get talked about as much Kurosawa unfortunately,imo. Just as good.

Also, Misumi's work in adapting the hugely popular manga series for the big screen : Lone Wolf and Cub.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Heard one of the criticisms from one of the reviews that Haiku poems were very basic in this. Seriously bizarre criticism considering the devs didn’t have to put such attention to detail in the first place. Think it was either The Guardian or The Telegraph. Some reviewers are pathetic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Heard one criticism that it was disappointing your character couldn't cut through bamboo .