Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im a few hours in and think this game is superb, it looks amazing, its got that classic Samurai movie feel to it. It feels like one of those classic kung fu stories I watched at the movies in the 70s.
So far I only have one major problem with it and its not the games fault its my own. Im not really a fan of arcade style combat and should have thought of this before buying it. That said its pretty great arcade style combat just not my cup of tea.
However that doesnt stop me understanding what a brilliant game it is. Will be interesting to see how long it takes me to play through.

AaronRedDevil

Wish ireland had a good delivery deal. Hate waiting a week after release to receive my game from Amazon.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Eh.. played it for a bit and I’m going to wait until PS5 again. 1440p just doesn’t cut it for me — the image is way too soft. I just booted up GoW which uses checkerboard rendering to get to 2160 and the difference is night and day. I can wait for 3 months or so and play Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk on the new hardware which will give me better visuals and hopefully incremental improvements in performance.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Eh.. played it for a bit and I’m going to wait until PS5 again. 1440p just doesn’t cut it for me — the image is way too soft. I just booted up GoW which uses checkerboard rendering to get to 2160 and the difference is night and day. I can wait for 3 months or so and play Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk on the new hardware which will give me better visuals and hopefully incremental improvements in performance.
I cant wait for the PS5, this game and The Last ofUs 2 looked amazing on my PS4 and a big TV so that next step up is hopefully going to be awesome. I bet you will love them on the PS5

Paxi

I cant wait for the PS5, this game and The Last ofUs 2 looked amazing on my PS4 and a big TV so that next step up is hopefully going to be awesome. I bet you will love them on the PS5
Yeah I’ve just got myself an LG C9 OLED and I really want the best possible experience. I’ve always been a bit of a graphics whore to be honest. Just going to stick to PES and MW until the PS5 drops.

AaronRedDevil

Can you reserve it now on Argos and pick it up today, 60 euro and picking it up later today.
It's been dispatched now. Only now just realise its €60. The only reason I buy from Amazon is because its €20 cheaper per game. Wouldn't mind the extra fiver just getting it now. Damn hah.

Morpheus 7

It's been dispatched now. Only now just realise its €60. The only reason I buy from Amazon is because its €20 cheaper per game. Wouldn't mind the extra fiver just getting it now. Damn hah.
Ahh well be worth it when it comes, Argos I find is the best price wise on ps4 launch. Then off to Cex in a few weeks to cash in.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The opening scene was hilarious
send your finest warrior to face me! Feck off, woosh

AaronRedDevil

Ahh well be worth it when it comes, Argos I find is the best price wise on ps4 launch. Then off to Cex in a few weeks to cash in.
Lucky you. My friend and I made a deal to buy a different game each so we save a bit of money and share it instead of us both buying the same game. Though most of the time. He buys fecking indie games I've no intention of playing, while I buy tsushima or TLOU2. Thinking about throwing that deal out the window because I want some money back. Worse part is he takes months to finish it. And he doesn't have a job, so why the feck does he take so long hah.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Enjoying this. Combat takes some getting used to (I'm playing on hard), but it's fun. Lack of any lock on takes some getting used to aswell.

JohnZSmith27

Wish ireland had a good delivery deal. Hate waiting a week after release to receive my game from Amazon.
I'm in Dublin. Ordered it from Amazon on Wednesday and it arrived in the post this morning. Pity I have to go into the office shortly so I won't get to it til this evening

Morpheus 7

Lucky you. My friend and I made a deal to buy a different game each so we save a bit of money and share it instead of us both buying the same game. Though most of the time. He buys fecking indie games I've no intention of playing, while I buy tsushima or TLOU2. Thinking about throwing that deal out the window because I want some money back. Worse part is he takes months to finish it. And he doesn't have a job, so why the feck does he take so long hah.
Ha ha raw deal.

evil_geko

If someone says Friday at midnight I also assume it's friday night honestly :nervous:
Live n learn init
There is no rule, for many, and me included, it is like you said, Friday midnight is Friday night. It depends on region/country etc. So you weren't wrong per se.

AaronRedDevil

I'm in Dublin. Ordered it from Amazon on Wednesday and it arrived in the post this morning. Pity I have to go into the office shortly so I won't get to it til this evening
Suppose Dublin is a main city in Ireland so would make sense why that’s the first stop. I’m in cork and gotta wait till Tuesday. IF it arrives on time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just played an hour or so, seems good fun. Playing on hard and I don’t feel like my hand is being held, can’t really take many hits before you go down so that’s a learning curve. I could see the combat really getting fun as I get a handle on controls and begin to master some new skills.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I like it so far, but it's really not that special. It's a prettier Assassins Creed.
Oh and the bow dude is a condescending prick.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why would you take photo's of a video game? What is the purpose? Do you show your friends?
Why take photos of your friends? Most of them are hideous.

I do take photos/screenshots when I'm gaming. Just to capture cool looking or interesting moments I can sometimes flip through.

amolbhatia50k

I like it so far, but it's really not that special. It's a prettier Assassins Creed.
Oh and the bow dude is a condescending prick.
Have heard that the combat is really good. Assassin's creed's combat is rubbish.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah I’ve just got myself an LG C9 OLED and I really want the best possible experience. I’ve always been a bit of a graphics whore to be honest. Just going to stick to PES and MW until the PS5 drops.
I got one of those this month also - what an incredible tv. It's also the reason I'm tempted to actually buy my first playstation (5)

Paxi

I got one of those this month also - what an incredible tv. It's also the reason I'm tempted to actually buy my first playstation (5)
Yes, it’s a stunning picture isn’t it? Have you got a UHD player? If not I’d definitely advise to get a PS5 as you’ll be able to watch 4K movies through one.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, it’s a stunning picture isn’t it? Have you got a UHD player? If not I’d definitely advise to get a PS5 as you’ll be able to watch 4K movies through one.
No I have a bluray but it's not a 4K one as it's about 8 years old. That is another great reason to consider a PS5 that I hadn't even thought of so thanks for that - I'll add it to my 'convince the wife' list

Irwin99

Played an hour, looks interesting so far although it's been updating with patches 2 times now. Have to agree with the above, the opening scene was great.

the bit where the mongol set the samurai on fire was just.... :eek: :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Can't understand how it's reached this level of popularity with such awful, weightless combat. A dagger and a two-handed halberd both feel the same.
Yes, that's exactly it. The game feels like everything is made out of marshmallows. It's definitely one of those franchises I never understood the popularity of.

Paxi

No I have a bluray but it's not a 4K one as it's about 8 years old. That is another great reason to consider a PS5 that I hadn't even thought of so thanks for that - I'll add it to my 'convince the wife' list
No problem. Especially since decent 4K blu ray players cost £150+ still.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yes, that's exactly it. The game feels like everything is made out of marshmallows. It's definitely one of those franchises I never understood the popularity of.
The Ezio games where really good at that time. Other games just caught up and took the open world thing alot further.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
English dialogue or subtitles? (Samurai Cinema)

Leaning towards subs but want to be sure.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s tough playing this after TLOU2. My brain keeps comparing and it feels very clunky and arcadey atm but I need to take it for what it is.

Also now I’ve killed people in TLOU and things having weight behind them it doesn’t feel as good killing in this.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
English dialogue or subtitles? (Samurai Cinema)

Leaning towards subs but want to be sure.
I think the original track is English so the lipsync for Japanese is off. If that doesnt bother you Id go for Japanese.

Irwin99

I kinda suck at the combat but i'm getting by. Playing on normal difficulty with Japanese VO and English subs.

MY PS4 sounds as if it's really struggling as the sound of the fan is ridiculously frantic.

el3mel

Played the first 3 hours today. Decent so far, though nothing extraordinary to be totally honest. The first few missions have been generic but this can improve later on. Combat is very fun though once you get the hang of it, and the wind mechanic is a very nice and new idea.

Last edited: