Gif Request Thread

Minkaro

Please somebody make a gif of Evras Bruce Lee-esque clearance when the ball was coming over the top!
Second. I was typing something when it happened, and just looked up to see this mental French person contorting himself in mid-air.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
:lol: yeah it pissed me off as well. Carrick has acres of space ahead of him, attack it ffs man!

I liked Evans attitude though (although he shouldn't say much after his backpassing circus show on wednesday), I hope it's part of the new ethos that we should always be looking for positive movement instead of negative defensive movement.

vuc

First Team Serb
:lol: yeah it pissed me off as well. Carrick has acres of space ahead of him, attack it ffs man!

I liked Evans attitude though (although he shouldn't say much after his backpassing circus show on wednesday), I hope it's part of the new ethos that we should always be looking for positive movement instead of negative defensive movement.
So what if he had acres of space, why not keep the possession? Chelsea were coming on strong at this stage, and keeping the ball and slowing down the tempo wasn't a bad call by Carrick.

vuc

First Team Serb
Fair play to Nani, not an easy feat.

Olly, what programme do you use to make the gifs? I tried inserting video via frames in PS but my version is not compatible apparently. I can only think of inserting it in flash and then saving out as a gif, is there another way?

marcus agrippa

So what if he had acres of space, why not keep the possession? Chelsea were coming on strong at this stage, and keeping the ball and slowing down the tempo wasn't a bad call by Carrick.
Wasn't a good decision by Carrick; as you can see, Chelsea had quite a few players in our third to close us down.

In fact, what ended up happening is De Gea had to play it out quickly, and we ended up losing possession.

Really annoyed me, that passage of play.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Fair play to Nani, not an easy feat.

Olly, what programme do you use to make the gifs? I tried inserting video via frames in PS but my version is not compatible apparently. I can only think of inserting it in flash and then saving out as a gif, is there another way?
Photoshop CS5. Are you using a 64-bit version? If you are you need the 32-bit one installed too, you can't do it in the 64-bit one.

vuc

First Team Serb
Wasn't a good decision by Carrick; as you can see, Chelsea had quite a few players in our third to close us down.

In fact, what ended up happening is De Gea had to play it out quickly, and we ended up losing possession.

I don't see anything negative in what he did there. If the scores were reversed then OK, but 3-1 up, nothing wrong with it. Massive overreaction.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Which might explain why Carrick erred on the side of caution.

He was brought on to try and slow the game down and give us a bit more control. In the grand scheme of things, deciding to pass back in that situation is a strange thing to get annoyed about.

Saliph

When there's space, you attack it. Don't you know anything about football?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
^^

This. I found it randomly amusing..

Also, berating Carrick for a backpass that kept possession is a little spastic considering Ando played a ball straight to their most dangerous player 16 yards out completely unchallenged at one point and no one seems to be rushing to burn his barn down.

marcus agrippa

Well that's not going to happen, is it?

The point stands though.
Not really, since we lost possession shortly afterward. That pressure off the Chelsea players loitering in our final third again.

He could've accomplished the same (keeping the ball) by running with it, for instance. It's no big deal, but I can't pretend not to understand the frustrations of those around.