Giggs appointed new Wales manager

Giggsyking

Pro-JM making jokes i see. Ungrateful fans, 23 years of success flushed down the toilet for someone who won the Europa league.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Wales play well under Giggs, RedCafe reacts:

"He should have managed a club instead, coaching the NT every now and then doesn't prove anything"

"Meh, he's just told them to do what Coleman already had them doing"

Wales don't do well, RedCafe reacts:

"Giggs is the manager, he trains the team, this isn't good enough. If he was any good he'd have this team playing much better"

"He's no Chris Coleman"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mao Zedong, Qin Shi Huang, Chiang Kai-shek, Confucius, Laozi, Sun Tzu, Yip Man ... Giggsy has beaten them all, he has beaten them all! Xi Jinping, can you hear me? Xi Jinping ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!
You forgot Dong! :nono:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

"He should have managed a club instead, coaching the NT every now and then doesn't prove anything"

"Giggs is the manager, he trains the team, this isn't good enough. If he was any good he'd have this team playing much better"

"He's no Chris Coleman"
I mostly said this in response to someone claiming we should have appointed him after LVG. He's not reinvented the wheel as the poster was suggesting.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

"He's no Chris Coleman"
How true is that!

Pacificgi

I keep my opinion by the same reasons. But in the hindsight, there's less pressure on being a NT manager so there's might be a bit of a silver lining.
Gary speed also managed wales.

This is excellent career management by giggs, wales gives chances to up and coming managers, even coleman was still pretty inexperienced before he got the job.

Giggs is just another person being given a chance. Whoevers after him i hope they appoint another young manager. Id rather that than tony pulis thats for sure

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
fecking hell the state of this thread. So many people embarrassing themselves.

Great to see a club legend do well. I’ve always liked Wales, bet their fans are all happy tonight!

Captain Obvious

Who cares how he does? i dont want him anywhere near the Utd job, didnt van gaal almost make it to the finals of the world cup yet did shit here? so any comparisons are pointless. Im not welsh so i couldnt care less about how they do. Thanks for the memories giggs

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Great to see a club legend do well. I’ve always liked Wales, bet their fans are all happy tonight!
Thanks mate, I'm happy yea, may only be China but great start for giggs. I thought the thread was embarrising earlier but kept shtum

I guess a club legend and Wales are easy targets for 'comedians'

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Who cares how he does? i dont want him anywhere near the Utd job, didnt van gaal almost make it to the finals of the world cup yet did shit here? so any comparisons are pointless. Im not welsh so i couldnt care less about how they do. Thanks for the memories giggs
What a thoroughly unpleasant post. What on earth did you bother with this embarrassing abomination for?

El Pasillo

Although it's against China, it's a great start for Giggs nonetheless.

It's also worth to highlight that Gareth Bale became Wales' all-time top scorer when he broke Ian Rush's record btw.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Being brutally honest:

You are a rookie manager, you need to gain experience, to test your training methods, your scientific and empiric knowledge about the sport, etc.

You should start managing a club where you will haveto create daily based training schedules and prepare for matches every week.

But no: instead he's starting at NT where he will have months without anything to do unless watching some games to keep an eye on players performance. This sounds as a poor career management IMHO
Mark Hughes did exactly the same, started with Wales and relative success of nearly getting them to euro 2004 got him the Blackburn job.

I get the running jokes of give the job to Giggsy but I actually think this is his best route of getting a premier leagur job in 2-3 years time.

Wales should make euro 2020. If they can promote some of their younger players like Brooks and Amapadu to join likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen they're going to have a squad capable of reaching knock outs again so his stock will be high and of course they'll be jobs available.

el3mel

Mark Hughes did exactly the same, started with Wales and relative success of nearly getting them to euro 2004 got him the Blackburn job.

I get the running jokes of give the job to Giggsy but I actually think this is his best route of getting a premier leagur job in 2-3 years time.

Wales should make euro 2020. If they can promote some of their younger players like Brooks and Amapadu to join likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen they're going to have a squad capable of reaching knock outs again so his stock will be high and of course they'll be jobs available.
Actually, hopefully he won't end the same route Hughes, as the latter ended being a terrible manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Giggs would take Mark Hughes's five or six top half finishes in premier league management.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is this the "show giggs some love" thread or general discussion on giggs becoming the manager for Wales?

Embarrassing post.
Yes it's the general discussion about Giggs being Wales manager. Your previous post had feck all to do with that, as you said you couldn't care less how they do so why exactly are you in here? Go moan about giggs not being united manager somewhere else

Dominant

Reported.

Captain Obvious

Yes it's the general discussion about Giggs being Wales manager. Your previous post had feck all to do with that, as you said you couldn't care less how they do so why exactly are you in here? Go moan about giggs not being united manager somewhere else
Read the other posts in here, theyre all talking about Giggs and United. Just because i say something negative suddenly im the one going off topic? You need a safe space so people can praise giggs in peace? I was just saying that he doesnt belong anywhere near the United job because people were saying theyd like him here. RELATED. I was saying Van Gaal almost got to the world cup final so beating China in a friendly is hardly impressive.

Reported.
Grow up.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Since the match today? Really? I must have missed those, I did see a few giggs for united jokes yea.

Whatever anyway, carry on.

Edit: I see you just edited feck out of your post I replied to

Deleted member 101472

You know what, I hope giggs is extremely successful and goes on to become better at united than SAF ever was.

beergod

Wales finally found a way to get him to show up for friendlies.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Happy for Giggs starting well. I don't want him as a Utd manager for the immediate future, but I hope that he proves himself through the next years (or... Decades?). Then, who knows? As the great philosopher Cristiano Ronaldo once said: only god knows the future (or something like that).

And I know I'm repeating myself - and others -, but: what an absolute shitfest this forum can be. Can't you just discuss something without turning the debate into a wall shit-throwing contest disguised as an "opinion"? F*ck me, sometimes its like reading 4chan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
In all seriousness, its a very good result against a team which was ranked 64 so its not as if it was the worst team on the planet.

He also gave debuts to some youngsters. I hope he does a cracking job at Wales.

doomy20

Happy for him he got a positive start, wish him all the best for managing his beloved home country.
Wouldn´t want him at Utd ahead of Mourinho/Mourinhos successor tough.

Classical Mechanic

In all seriousness, its a very good result against a team which was ranked 64 so its not as if it was the worst team on the planet.

Indeed. Its a fantastic start for him, it indicates a positive mood in the camp regardless of the opposition.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Harry Wilson's grandad even made 125K from betting. Apparently he made a bet that Wilson will play for Wales and odds were 2500/1 when he was just 18 months old.

Thisistheone

Well said.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

They're playing against Uruguay. Let's see.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pro-JM making jokes i see. Ungrateful fans, 23 years of success flushed down the toilet for someone who won the Europa league.
Wait what? Not quite the level of "So you were perfectly fine We sold Jaap Stam?" but still... What..?

DonFerguson

"He's no Chris Coleman"

It's perplexing. It's as if this isn't a United forum. Some of the hate here is almost mind-boggling. Certain posters with conspicuous agendas seem to be doing nothing but try to diminish anything Giggs accomplished, and cast aspersions on him if/when his teams are struggling.

Perhaps it's his indiscretions. And I can understand if that affects the way people see an individual. But in the footballing sense, this man was an institution.
Quite possibly the greatest longevity in the history of the club, and certainly a ubiquitous presence during our glory years.

The mazy run against QPR, the tackle followed by cross to Cantona to beat Blackburn in the head to head at Old Trafford in 95, the last minute equalizer against Juventus in 99 which kept us in the tie and helped retain belief, the goal against Arsenal when we were down to ten men and had an ailing Schmeichel with certainly no chance to do much in the shootout, his 3 goals in the vital end-of-the season games in 2003 against Liverpool, Newcastle, and Arsenal in succession to help pull us back and overtake Arsenal to take back out title.

The list goes on and on. Roy Keane gets a similar amount of backlash from a contingent that I can only assume never watched what he contributed to the club during his peak.

And now, we are seeing other posters in some of the Mourinho threads drag Ferguson's name through the mud and diminish what he's accomplished in order to prop up Jose.

I feel uneasy reading some of the stuff being written by these "fans."

Reactions: golden_blunder