Giggs appointed new Wales manager

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I wonder will his private life affect the respect the players have for him. Playing footsie with your brother's g/f wife, can't remember her exact status, is a low thing to do.
Father has disowned him as well.

lsd

The Oracle
Father has disowned him as well.
Ryan and Rhodri disowned their dad years ago so im sure they can cope with that .Besides im sure there was stories a couple of years back that Ryan and Rhodri have nade up and Ryan did apologise

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Who really cares about someone's private life?
Why is all this a big deal anyway?

What anyone does in the private life is up to them (within the laws of the land), so I can't see this being any sort of issue at all.

This for some reason or another seems to be have be blown up out of all proportion.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Clas Sified

Who really cares about someone's private life?
Why is all this a big deal anyway?

What anyone does in the private life is up to them (within the laws of the land), so I can't see this being any sort of issue at all.

This for some reason or another seems to be have be blown up out of all proportion.
Short of actually committing a crime, shagging your brother's wife continously for 8 or so years is one of the more fecked up things a high-profile footballer has done in recent times. It hasn't been blown out of proportion at all; most people just find a man like Giggs and what he's done very, very distasteful.

Similarly, the players are going to find what he did distasteful, and no matter how hard they try to seperate Giggs the manager and Giggs the man, it'll always be in the back of their mind somewhere. It's near-impossible to completely ignore something like that.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Short of actually committing a crime, shagging your brother's wife continously for 8 or so years is one of the more fecked up things a high-profile footballer has done in recent times. It hasn't been blown out of proportion at all; most people just find a man like Giggs and what he's done very, very distasteful.

Similarly, the players are going to find what he did distasteful, and no matter how hard they try to seperate Giggs the manager and Giggs the man, it'll always be in the back of their mind somewhere. It's near-impossible to completely ignore something like that.
Was it good if him to do that, heck no, of course not, but what really is it of anyone else's business what he has done in his private life?

I just don't see why it should have any impact whatsoever on his duties as a head coach, it has nothing to do with it at all.

Clas Sified

Was it good if him to do that, heck no, of course not, but what really is it of anyone else's business what he has done in his private life?

I just don't see why it should have any impact whatsoever on his duties as a head coach, it has nothing to do with it at all.
You're right, it technically has absolutely nothing to do with his job as a manager at all. However, as I've already pointed out, in reality, you'd struggle to respect and work with a man who you know has committed something as shitty as he did.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I wonder will his private life affect the respect the players have for him. Playing footsie with your brother's g/f wife, can't remember her exact status, is a low thing to do.
I reckon it'll only be an issue if one of his players get involved the extra curricular activities Giggs got himself involved in.

Thisistheone

If the likes of Gary Neville, Scholes, Fergie and Roy Keane still respect him and call him a friend then I'm sure the Welsh lads will have no issue with him leading them.

Thisistheone

You're right, it technically has absolutely nothing to do with his job as a manager at all. However, as I've already pointed out, in reality, you'd struggle to respect and work with a man who you know has committed something as shitty as he did.
In our world yeah. In football, where all sorts of things go on that the public doesn't know about, then it's probably been put in the past and moved on from.

I've read stories about the likes of Keane, Cantona and Gerrard that make them not much different from Giggs or Terry. It's just some stories are out in the open and others are not.

Big Andy

Bloke

Footballers don't care about what people do in their private lives...all they care about is playing football and earning money...

And if Giggsy's own brother can forgive him and move past it http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../ryan-giggs-apologises-brother-rhodri-9008980 (bearing in mind they weren't ever really close growing up, as Ryan moved to Manchester with his mum, and Rhodri stayed with his dad in Wales) then why can't random gimps on the internet give it a rest as well...it has zero bearing on his status as a United legend, it has zero effect on his ability as a manager, it certainly should have zero effect on anyone's life outside of Giggsy's wife and kids...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I'm not normally one to pay much attention to the personal lives of footballers, but when it comes to Giggs, I no longer look at him and think legend, I think scumbag.

I can't help it, what he did is simply unforgivable. He was one of my favourite players too.

Wilt

Interested to see how Giggs manages without Bale, should he be (as is often the case) unfit to play.

vanderpants

Really hope he does well for Wales, can't ever see him being a world class club manager and no doubt in a fee years he will get a club job.

Foxbatt

At least he applied for the job. It looks like Phil Neville is going to be appointed the England's women team coach even without applying for the job.

JK-27

Giggs was great for Utd yes but I just can't respect him anymore. Fecking your brothers wife is one of the lowest things you can do. That basically says you have no respect for anyone, let alone your own flesh and blood. He is selfish and only thinks of himself. You have to question the morality of a man who can disown his own father and feck his brothers wife. And he now represents Welsh football?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
At least he applied for the job. It looks like Phil Neville is going to be appointed the England's women team coach even without applying for the job.
People get approached for jobs all the time. Its pretty much the whole premise of LinkedIn. He has worked with the FA previously with the u21s. Why should they not approach him if they think he'd be a good fit?

Needham

You have to question the morality of a man who can disown his own father and feck his brothers wife. And he now represents Welsh football?
There's no obvious moral conflict, it's not as if he now represents a marriage guidance charity. He's a singularly unimpressive man in a number of ways but he's a great example to players about how they ought to maintain their physical condition and he was a superior footballing talent.

Bobski

The moralizing over his private life gets me. Yes, not classy behaviour at all but infidelity is rife these days, especially in the 18-35 age bracket were you can find studies claiming up to 70% of that group have had an affair of some kind. His indiscretions are worse than most but no doubt a lot of the people who pile on him have cheated at some point.

diplomat

The moralizing over his private life gets me. Yes, not classy behaviour at all but infidelity is rife these days, especially in the 18-35 age bracket were you can find studies claiming up to 70% of that group have had an affair of some kind. His indiscretions are worse than most but no doubt a lot of the people who pile on him have cheated at some point.
That is a very offensive stereotyping, you can't claim such an assumption as a fact for all people.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
There's no obvious moral conflict, it's not as if he now represents a marriage guidance charity. He's a singularly unimpressive man in a number of ways but he's a great example to players about how they ought to maintain their physical condition and he was a superior footballing talent.

Erm... didn't he maintain his physical condition by not turning up for Wales? Probably wisest he doesn't share that with his players

Bobski

That is a very offensive stereotyping, you can't claim such an assumption as a fact for all people.
I didn't claim it for all people. I said "a lot". I apologize if I am offended the pure and innocent.

I am nearly 40 years old. I have been on both sides of the infidelity line and have watched friends, family, work colleagues relationships collapse because of it. Have witnessed those who were most vicious in their condemnation of certain behaviours be later caught in the same trap.

Schneckerl

Aren't you forgetting a tiny detail? It's not the infidelity on it's own which makes this story special...

diplomat

I didn't claim it for all people. I said "a lot". I apologize if I am offended the pure and innocent.

I am nearly 40 years old. I have been on both sides of the infidelity line and have watched friends, family, work colleagues relationships collapse because of it. Have witnessed those who were most vicious in their condemnation of certain behaviours be later caught in the same trap.
I feel sorry for the people you are describing. If we can't trust our most beloved people with what's the most important in life, then it's no wonder societies in general aren't anything more than a false idea.

Always knew my principles aren't shared amongst the majority but it's staggering just how low some individuals are ready to go to feed their own egos. Stuff like this definitely destroys my faith in humanity a little bit everyday.

Bobski

Aren't you forgetting a tiny detail? It's not the infidelity on it's own which makes this story special...
The brothers' wife aspect makes it extra seedy, 2 selfish people. The way people talk about him you would think he was a sex offender though.

I feel sorry for the people you are describing. If we can't trust our most beloved people with what's the most important in life, then it's no wonder societies in general aren't anything more than a false idea.

Always knew my principles aren't shared amongst the majority but it's staggering just how low some individuals are ready to go to feed their own egos. Stuff like this definitely destroys my faith in humanity a little bit everyday.
I hear you. Probably personally jaded to it at this stage because it seems to be such an everyday event.

TRD

Wales leading 2-0 after 21 minutes in Giggs first game as in-charge. Bale scored both.

JK-27

Clam down, they're playing China. It's not as if it's against Brazil.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
OMFG THAT GOAL! FOUR NIL! FOUR NIL! FOUR NIL! WALES WALES WALES!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
WORLD CUP WINNERS RIGHT HERE LADS. GUARDIOLA EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sack Mou get in Giggs. Not appointing Giggs as player / manager when SAF retired is the worst decision since Chamberlains appeasement politics. This 4-0 lead proves as much.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Not seen the game, but is this the best pre WC performance of any NT so far?
The defending for the third goal wouldn't have stopped me from getting a shot on target, nevermind Vokes.