Giggs appointed new Wales manager

youngrell

Thought China would be tougher to break down with Lippi in charge. Pleased for Giggs, even though it's only China it will keep the pitchforks in the cupboard for now.

prateik

They gave it to GIGGSY and you wouldn't BELIEVE what happened!!!!!!!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not watching the match but this is probably the best match ever, what a manager.

Glory glory Wayuls united as the sheep dragons go marching on on on.

Tiki-Taka

A goal every 10 minutes against possibly the greatest International team on the biggest stage!! Come on Giggs!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think that would be a little bit of a knee-jerk decision. Wait til after the game at least.
I was just about to suggest we give Giggsy the Prime Minister's job till the end of the season, then you went and killed the vibe.

*tut*

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Every nation in the world cup are glad Wales didn't make it!!!

THEY. ARE. SCARED

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
6-0 now.

Better result that 1-7 Brazil-Germany match. I think so.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
6-0 now.

Better result that 1-7 Brazil-Germany match. I think so.
To be fair to China they've probably defended as good as Brazil did.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anything but world cup win would be disappointment

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Mao Zedong, Qin Shi Huang, Chiang Kai-shek, Confucius, Laozi, Sun Tzu, Yip Man ... Giggsy has beaten them all, he has beaten them all! Xi Jinping, can you hear me? Xi Jinping ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I know China is still 'catching on' to football, but really, you'd have thought a country with a population of 1.3bn people would be able to put together a coaching team and 11 players who could put up a better fight than this.

In perspective, China's population is 330 times bigger than Wales's. Get in Giggseh.

Revaulx

Just realised he’s got Albert Stuivenberg as an assistant.

So he’s not just surrounded himself with his mates, but brought in experienced people who will challenge him.

Good to see.

Classical Mechanic

Not for a while you aren't. Do you have good players coming through?
Ampadu and Woodburn. Their youth sides are arguably their best ever. Their fortunes will improve along with England's in that regard due to a lot of their players being in English academies and the Welsh FA having a policy of nabbing English players with Welsh ancestry.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Good start for Giggs, albeit against poor opposition. Glad to see he didn't tinker around and stuck with the same formation which has worked well for us under Coleman. Looking forward to see how we go against either the Czechs or Uruguay in the final.

With regards to the young players coming through, I'd add in Wilson as well. He's just got something about him. Been the best player in the under 23's league for the last year and a half and has done well on loan at Hull so far since the New Year.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Being brutally honest:

You are a rookie manager, you need to gain experience, to test your training methods, your scientific and empiric knowledge about the sport, etc.

You should start managing a club where you will haveto create daily based training schedules and prepare for matches every week.

But no: instead he's starting at NT where he will have months without anything to do unless watching some games to keep an eye on players performance. This sounds as a poor career management IMHO

padzilla

Hipster
Not a bad start to your international career as a manager, putting six past a side managed by Marcello Lippi. I wish him well.

Return of the Manc

Absolutely loved watching Giggs management. Glad to see all the pro-Jose method fans already making little jokes & gags. :D

Some fans had been saying the squad was built for 352 by LVG to be taken over by Giggs; which was shown under LVG's first season yet more applicable with the players that were left behind in his 2nd season.

Valencia-Smalling-Blind-Rojo-Young
CDM
CM
Lingard
Rashford - Martial

And then Giggs goes out an puts a 352 against China and wings 6-0. Could not care less about the opposition; fact is 352 was the formation he chose, a formation that is not defensive as a lot of fans talk about; a plyaer like Bale upfront, wing backs applying the width to the team.

Players like Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, Martial, hell even Blind & therefore smalling, Wingbacks etc will only ever come good under a modern day manager that is Gigggs who plays the 352 at United.

Counting down the days until Jose goes so this guy comes in due to being our only option - who just 'happens to pick 352' unleashing all these players that are constricted under different formations of the 1990's ;).

Until then, we can all just continue to idolise a strict manager who has a gameplan that he might as well have tattooed as it does not change for anybody or any club.

el3mel

Can't stop laughing at the posts here. :lol: Most funny thread here for these last few gloomy days. :lol:

redshaw

Giggs has to discipline his players. A 2-1 loss would've been more than acceptable for Wales history.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Absolutely loved watching Giggs management. Glad to see all the pro-Jose method fans already making little jokes & gags. :D

Some fans had been saying the squad was built for 352 by LVG to be taken over by Giggs; which was shown under LVG's first season yet more applicable with the players that were left behind in his 2nd season.

Valencia-Smalling-Blind-Rojo-Young
CDM
CM
Lingard
Rashford - Martial

And then Giggs goes out an puts a 352 against China and wings 6-0. Could not care less about the opposition; fact is 352 was the formation he chose, a formation that is not defensive as a lot of fans talk about; a plyaer like Bale upfront, wing backs applying the width to the team.

Players like Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, Martial, hell even Blind & therefore smalling, Wingbacks etc will only ever come good under a modern day manager that is Gigggs who plays the 352 at United.

Counting down the days until Jose goes so this guy comes in due to being our only option - who just 'happens to pick 352' unleashing all these players that are constricted under different formations of the 1990's ;).

Until then, we can all just continue to idolise a strict manager who has a gameplan that he might as well have tattooed as it does not change for anybody or any club.
Or he just carried on using what Coleman was?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Being brutally honest:

You are a rookie manager, you need to gain experience, to test your training methods, your scientific and empiric knowledge about the sport, etc.

You should start managing a club where you will haveto create daily based training schedules and prepare for matches every week.

But no: instead he's starting at NT where he will have months without anything to do unless watching some games to keep an eye on players performance. This sounds as a poor career management IMHO
Mark Hughes started the same way