Giggs trial

simplyared

Great footballer no doubt!
Off the pitch he's obviously missing something. You can just about carry on being a footballer after shagging your brother's wife, and if true, assaulting a girlfriend. However being a manager, no chance he's fecked if it's true!

OleBoiii

People need to stop idolizing famous people for anything other than their skills. You can never know them personally and there are some pretty sick people out there. Probably more among people with power and fame.

red4ever 79

Feck sake.

Let’s hope it’s not true. If it is, we all make mistakes. Silly boy if so.

He’ll always be my favourite player mind.
We all make mistakes? If found guilty it means he has assaulted a female. Charge against Nicky Butt was dropped as his estranged wife didnt want to appear

diarm

Facts.
How can you bang your brother's wife for 8 years? I don't consider myself a righteous person but feck me.
Instead of our brothers wives?

It's an admirable sacrifice you're offering to make but I reckon you'd be fecking exhausted mate.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The posts on here rushing to condemn the guy before any facts have been established.... :rolleyes:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Instead of our brothers wives?

It's an admirable sacrifice you're offering to make but I reckon you'd be fecking exhausted mate.
We had the same reaction, well done.:lol:

SirAF

Ageist
The posts on here rushing to condemn the guy before any facts have been established.... :rolleyes:
This. No one can condone such behaviour, but let us not forget that «innocent until proven guilty» is a thing.

fergieisold

Scholes is a good lad. But apparently he likes to throw a good party during lockdown and invite the neighbourhood when COVID rates were high in his area.
Not excusing it but tbf to him when he had his party it was on the day of new local restrictions but rates were low in his area at the time anyway.

I don’t like Giggs, comes across as a slime ball. Probably due to what he did to his brother...how could any nice person do that? He clearly a not a nice person!

stu_1992

Will wait to see the details and if he's guilty to pass judgement, but I can understand the skeptism on here considering he's a questionable character at best in his personal life.

Ladron de redcafe

Ryan Giggs was my favourite footballer, growing up. My first official top was a Giggs one and although I'm right handed, I made a habit of dribbling and shooting with my left foot because I wanted to be Giggs.

Like Giggs, I have curly black hair and grew my hair a little longer because his was slightly long in the early 90's and I wanted to look like him. I'd try to dribble from the halfway line when we played football with friends because I wanted to recreate his QPR goal (which probably made me a nuisance to play with and a selfish player that caused eyes to roll). I pestered my dad to buy me Reeboks instead of the Adidas that my brothers had, because Giggs wore Reebok.

I was one of the (perhaps biased) ones who continually made the case that he was the greatest United player ever.

But as an adult, you lose the myopic hero worship and see people for who they are. He is an apodictically awful human being. Or at the very least, engages in some contemptible activities. When details of his affair with his brother's wife emerged, I found myself less into him as a fan. I genuinely couldn't understand how a human being could do that. And I echo some of the posts on here. That's a lot more malicious than a "mistake". It's an 8 year betrayal of your own brother. You cease being a "fan" when you can't respect that individual anymore, in my opinion.

Whenever I went back to watch our old footage or some of the Giggs documentaries over the years, I couldn't stop thinking of Giggs the person. I can't quite enjoy it as much as I used to.

I'm not sure whether these new allegations are true but it's no longer jarring to see his name associated with a heavy allegation because of his previous actions. It wouldn't be out of character for someone who has always been temerarious and selfish (even regarding his numerous affairs that predated the one with his brother's wife.)

In a way, it's sad that someone's private life can affect the way former fans view him - and I can see that there are some who still get a little defensive given how much they liked Giggs as a player - but I think that, for the most part, it's difficult to separate the individal from the athlete.

I've still got his old "Skills with Ryan Giggs" video tape. And the "It's a wonderful run by Giggs" Sky Sports documentary that was released after he broke the club's all time appearance record in the 2008 Champions League final. And old tops that I kept. But I never watch the footage anymore.

Let's wait for this to be investigated. I hope that it isn't true. If it turns out that it is, it would hardly be a surprise at this point. But I'd rather not have him tarnish his image even further than he is. That just might make his old stuff completely unwatchable.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is it just me or did older football legends (think Busby babes) never get entangled in similar stories ? Only George Best was somewhat wayward but even he was almost decent compared to some modern-day footballers.

The ego required to make it in top-flight football today, and decoupling from reality induced by astronomical wages, seems to be the undoing of many a player.
Different times, of course, but also completely different levels of scrutiny. Best was a wife-beater as well and I'm (sadly) sure that those times had allowed a lot of a stuff like that to get swept under the rug. Not only United-related, of course, but in general as well.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
There was similar with Nicky Butt the other year wasn't there? And nothing came of it. Need to see if there's anything in this first, yet so many have already waded in with their abuse.
Even if nothing comes of this, that's not necessarily proof Giggs didn't do anything. His partner may just decide not to press charges.

ManU Irish

Its amazing how supporters, even UTD supporters have a go at the likes of Gary Neville/Roy Keane and Giggs gets away with a free pass. There was even a chance he could have became our manager at one stage. Great Player but obviously a bit of scumbag and its amazing in the world that we all now live in, were respect for all is demanded, this guy as I said gets a free pass.

arthurka

Well Butt apparently should have been locked up for life but nothing came of that. So for me this is the same, Giggs will remain a twat for shagging his brothers wife for 8 years but until some hard evidence come from this he will remain innocent until proven guilty.

Red_toad

Blind faith. Cute.

People don’t tend to get arrested on suspicion of domestic assault for no reason.

Surely the will to believe anything negative is the same as defending anything that it’s in the media.
I‘m fully aware it only takes someone to accuse you. Doesn’t mean you’re guilty of anything. I know from experience you can defend yourself and get arrested. I also know people can make false allegations. If he’s guilty I hope they throw the book at him, but as it’s got feck all to do with me, I’ll let the courts decide his guilt/innocence.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
What a disappointing man in general. He always comes across as miserable and angry at the world. Even without this he’s managed to make being Ryan Giggs suck.

Ananke

Hopefully it's a false accusation / exaggerated . But if not...damn :nono: The brother's wife fiasco was awful but you can't jump to conclusions of someone being a wife beater just because they're a cheat (albeit bottom of the barrel cheat).

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Sure! But not with his brothers girlfriend and he hasn't been violent to my knowledge.
No but having sex with his PA, who later became known for tossing off livestock on TV, isn't ideal.

Cloud7

Is it just me or did older football legends (think Busby babes) never get entangled in similar stories ? Only George Best was somewhat wayward but even he was almost decent compared to some modern-day footballers.

The ego required to make it in top-flight football today, and decoupling from reality induced by astronomical wages, seems to be the undoing of many a player.
I think it's more a case of

A) Back in the day in general it was easier to keep things about your personal life hushed up

B) Things like domestic abuse were not reported as much, or were accepted in society, so even if they took place it was less likely to be reported

wolvored

Beckham is all strictly controlled to maintain brand Beckham hollywood crap. Cantona is a genuine real bloke, a true legends, wears his heart of his sleeve and conforms for no one, love him to bits. Not sure how 'these United legends are no good" generally they're decent humans, the odd bad apple as always, but no more so than any other people.

As for Giggs, let's all remember this is only on suspicion. I have no idea why there's such a will to believe any negative news about him?
Well perhaps fecking his brother's missus for how many years behind his back makes you think that way

Cloud7

This is another reminder that football is just a hobby and footballers aren't our relatives (some fanbois need to understand that for real). It's not good to develop a love and attachment to these people beyond a reasonable limit. They're humans, some of them can be and are in fact horrible human beings. This is why I'll never understand why they're expected to be role models.
People need to stop idolizing famous people for anything other than their skills. You can never know them personally and there are some pretty sick people out there. Probably more among people with power and fame.
A lot of people need to take these lessons on board and internalize them. Regardless of if this accusation is true or not. We DO NOT know these people. We do not know who they are as human beings. We know what they can do with a football and that's it. We need to stop idolizing them as humans. Separate the footballer from the person.

Red_toad

Well perhaps fecking his brother's missus for how many years behind his back makes you think that way
Rhodri’s wife willingly allowed and wanted the affair, he didn’t physically abuse her. I‘m not Defending his past behaviour, but just because he shagged his brothers wife, doesn’t mean he’d physically assault his new partner. Trail by the media and people who love to pry into others personal lives shouldn’t be as wide spread as it is.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Rhodri’s wife willingly allowed and wanted the affair, he didn’t physically abuse her. I‘m not Defending his past behaviour, but just because he shagged his brothers wife, doesn’t mean he’d physically assault his new partner. Trail by the media and people who love to pry into others personal lives shouldn’t be as wide spread as it is.
This.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It sadly says a lot about Giggs' character that no one is surprised by the allegation.