Giggs trial

Wilt

One of the best footballers of the twentieth century .....but what a nasty fecker

Raven

I'm not going to pass comment on this until there are more facts in play. That being said, I've thought he's a piece of shit since his previous scandal.

Deery

Dreary
Could never look at him the same after what he did to his brother, I mean he could have had the pick of women but choose his brother’s wife pretty sadistic that and for 8 years too.

Still innocent until proven guilty but doesn’t look good and should probably lose his management job with Wales if true.

K Stand Knut

Beckham is all strictly controlled to maintain brand Beckham hollywood crap. Cantona is a genuine real bloke, a true legends, wears his heart of his sleeve and conforms for no one, love him to bits. Not sure how 'these United legends are no good" generally they're decent humans, the odd bad apple as always, but no more so than any other people.

As for Giggs, let's all remember this is only on suspicion. I have no idea why there's such a will to believe any negative news about him?
Blind faith. Cute.

People don’t tend to get arrested on suspicion of domestic assault for no reason.

Surely the will to believe anything negative is the same as defending anything that it’s in the media.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Beckham is all strictly controlled to maintain brand Beckham hollywood crap. Cantona is a genuine real bloke, a true legends, wears his heart of his sleeve and conforms for no one, love him to bits. Not sure how 'these United legends are no good" generally they're decent humans, the odd bad apple as always, but no more so than any other people.

As for Giggs, let's all remember this is only on suspicion. I have no idea why there's such a will to believe any negative news about him?
There was similar with Nicky Butt the other year wasn't there? And nothing came of it. Need to see if there's anything in this first, yet so many have already waded in with their abuse.

Gabagoo

... and yet his biggest crime remains recommending we sign Dan James.

In all seriousness, if this is true then the club should start subtly severing ties with him.

Unfortunate, he was my first favourite player.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Even if he isn’t guilty of this he’s still a massive bellend.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is another reminder that football is just a hobby and footballers aren't our relatives (some fanbois need to understand that for real). It's not good to develop a love and attachment to these people beyond a reasonable limit. They're humans, some of them can be and are in fact horrible human beings. This is why I'll never understand why they're expected to be role models.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
In my opinion, incidents like these certainly taint his legendary status at the club.
Especially if you look at the nature of his multiple indiscretions. As much as it is his personal life, he is looked up to by many as a prominent sporting figure.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is another reminder that football is just a hobby and footballers aren't our relatives (some fanbois need to understand that for real). It's not good to develop a love and attachment to these people beyond a reasonable limit. They're humans, some of them can be and are in fact horrible human beings. This is why I'll never understand why they're expected to be role models.
Facts.
How can you bang your brother's wife for 8 years? I don't consider myself a righteous person but feck me.

This is another reminder that football is just a hobby and footballers aren't our relatives
I mean, can't really trust relatives to be good people either. Just ask Rhodri Giggs.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I mean, can't really trust relatives to be good people either. Just ask Rhodri Giggs.
I meant it in the sense that we don't have to be attached to them beyond what they do on the pitch. Even if your relatives aren't untrustworthy assholes, it still affects you in some way

Facts.
How can you bang your brother's wife for 8 years? I don't consider myself a righteous person but feck me.
It's fecking disgusting tbh. Level supreme of treachery.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Is it just me or did older football legends (think Busby babes) never get entangled in similar stories ? Only George Best was somewhat wayward but even he was almost decent compared to some modern-day footballers.

The ego required to make it in top-flight football today, and decoupling from reality induced by astronomical wages, seems to be the undoing of many a player.

ForeverRed1

These United legends are no good.

Only one I rock with is Beckham
I agree. Out of them he’s the wealthiest, the most iconic (you could argue that of course, but I’d say in world football he is, even people who know nothing about football know who he is) best looking footballer (probably ever, again it’s opinion but he’s literally a top model) and yet he has always come across the nicest, down to earth, humble of them all. Role model of the highest order.

Ryan giggs take notes.

InfiniteBoredom

Is it just me or did older football legends (think Busby babes) never get entangled in similar stories ? Only George Best was somewhat wayward but even he was almost decent compared to some modern-day footballers.

The ego required to make it in top-flight football today, and decoupling from reality induced by astronomical wages, seems to be the undoing of many a player.
Uhm......

It is not only novel-writing that gets you off the hook: if you can kick a ball, we don't seem to mind if you kick a woman. George Best first beat his wife Alex on her 25th birthday, when he punched her to the floor and kicked her six times in the chest and face. Then, on Christmas Day 2003, he gave her a bruised lip and swollen face. "So what if she's in hospital? It's the best place for her," he snapped at the press the next day.

When Paul Gascoigne admitted to having hospitalised his wife, Sheryl, "Bestie" leapt to his defence. "We all give the wife a good slap. I know I do," he said.