g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Giggs trial

dal

Regardless of what happened foreplay or not like some are saying, it’s disgusting if this is true. Hopefully know one was hurt regardless.

Ive always said great player knut of a man and his brothers wife is the same. Shameful people.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We don’t know the full story so I’ll reserve judgement. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it looks.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

But if it turns out to be true then he has to be sacked. He'll have no defence.

pacifictheme

Oh, maybe he has another son? His elder one gets caught up in some awful situations quite often.
Yeah he does. The younger one has autism and it seems to affect him quite a lot. Strange diet, always wears headphones to stop noise.

I follow Scholes on instagram, which is acceptable stalking.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah he does. The younger one has autism and it seems to affect him quite a lot. Strange diet, always wears headphones to stop noise.

I follow Scholes on instagram, which is acceptable stalking.
I actually heard somewhere that his son was on a spectrum. Imagine my surprise when I had googled Scholes' son and Arron came up!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Like many have said innocent until proven guilty and you can't allow him cheating to cloud your judgement. That's an entirely different matter and also not a crime. A shocking thing to do to your own brother, true, but not a crime.

If he is found guilty of this charge though his career in football is done. And so it should be.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lot of people need to take these lessons on board and internalize them. Regardless of if this accusation is true or not. We DO NOT know these people. We do not know who they are as human beings. We know what they can do with a football and that's it. We need to stop idolizing them as humans. Separate the footballer from the person.
And I said that while knowing absolutely feck all about this current situation. Let's appreciate the athletes and sportsment that they are and just stop at that.

Andersonson

Just goes to show you really never know a person. This takes absolutely nothing away from what a marvelous player he was for us, but the stuff with his brother, and now this, if it's true, it really gives a different impression to what you would have guessed.
When you shag your brothers wife for years and occasionally drive her to the abortian clinic and this?

He's a maniac

Andersonson

Like many have said innocent until proven guilty and you can't allow him cheating to cloud your judgement. That's an entirely different matter and also not a crime. A shocking thing to do to your own brother, true, but not a crime.

If he is found guilty of this charge though his career in football is done. And so it should be.
Sometimes not having morals is worse than certain crimes

Infra-red

These United legends are no good.

Only one I rock with is Beckham
Serial philanderer who even had an affair with his own daughter's school teacher? (allegedly)

They're all cnuts, with the probable exception of Juan Mata.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sometimes not having morals is worse than certain crimes
No physically attacking your gf, if its true, is worse than cheating in every single sense of the meaning. Even if you did the dirty on your brother, hitting a woman is surely worse right?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
No physically attacking your gf, if its true, is worse than cheating in every single sense of the meaning. Even if you did the dirty on your brother, hitting a woman is surely worse right?
If it's a weak slap then cheating is much worse. You have to measure it first. I can see him being quite weak actually he's ancient and has lost a lot of calcium due to shagging.

BR7

What’s this got to do with football? Sick and tired of people holding uneducated poorly raised people (in this instance footballers) to the highest moral code. No footballer should be looked at as a role model. They are no more than entertainers like a clown in a circus but much better paid.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If it's a weak slap then cheating is much worse. You have to measure it first. I can see him being quite weak actually he's ancient and has lost a lot of calcium due to shagging.
I disagree. I'm not saying cheating is cool because it isn't. Certainly not with your brother's mrs as that's much worse. But I reckon there's probably 1 in 3 relationships countrywide, maybe even more, where at least one of the couple has cheated. It's probably closer to one in two in reality.

The same isn't true of domestic violence is it?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Let's not get into grading levels of physical assault or comparing them to cheating.
We don't know the facts yet, but obviously does not sound good.

LARulz

Serial philanderer who even had an affair with his own daughter's school teacher? (allegedly)

They're all cnuts, with the probable exception of Juan Mata.
Wait what? When? Beckham is a brand and I am sure he has cheated but just curious as I haven't heard that

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Don’t know the full story but if he is guilty I hope he’s immediately sacked.

What’s this got to do with football? Sick and tired of people holding uneducated poorly raised people (in this instance footballers) to the highest moral code. No footballer should be looked at as a role model. They are no more than entertainers like a clown in a circus but much better paid.
While I completely agree with you that we shouldn’t generally view footballers as role models, I don’t think expecting someone not to assault their gf is a good example of being held to the highest moral code. I also don’t think someone growing up poor and uneducated means they’re suddenly going to be an abusive prick and I find that view pretty insulting.

FlapR

Won't be in charge of Wales for their next 3 games whilst they investigate.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If true, it's terrible, but I'll withhold judgment until the facts are known.

Withnail

While I completely agree with you that we shouldn’t generally view footballers as role models, I don’t think expecting someone not to assault their gf is a good example of being held to the highest moral code. I also don’t think someone growing up poor and uneducated means they’re suddenly going to be an abusive prick and I find that view pretty insulting.
I agree. It's a pretty low moral code if you ask me and growing up in a low income family doesn't have anything to do with it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
TBF with stuff like this, being a mega celebrity comes with it's pro's and con's. When you're approached every single time you step outside your private zone, you can't except celebs to have unlimited patience. that's not to excuse his affair with brother's wife or alleged girl-friend beating.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Footballers no... but he's a manager now, and I would say its more important for your manager - especially one that represents your national team - to, well, not be assaulting their partner (if true).

RUCK4444

Whilst I agree with the sentiment to a certain extent, I don't care from what walk of life or what industry, if you are convicted of beating up a woman (he hasn't been yet!) then you deserve the sack.

Doesn't matter if you have been raised in a council estate or with a silver spoon in your mouth, the act is reprehensible and the repercussions should be the same for everybody.

I've been a massive fan of Giggs my whole life, being from Cardiff myself and all, but he's proven himself to be a scumbag already. I hope this is proven to be untrue, if he's convicted I want him booted from the Wales job and you won't hear me mention his name with the legends of this club again, which is sad but I won't change my opinion on the person based on what he did as footballer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wait what? When? Beckham is a brand and I am sure he has cheated but just curious as I haven't heard that
Just google Rebecca Loos.

She was his "PA" for a while... very good at her job apparently.

Chairman Steve

He is responsible for my overall cynical view of footballers these days and how they should never be seen as role-models, or be automatically seen as nice people.

Grew up with Cantona and Giggs as my favourite Utd players and were to me what people would consider role-model-like. It’s just Cantona now and has been since 2011.

The fact he’s been suspended from the upcoming internationals makes me think it’s serious.

wolvored

Rhodri’s wife willingly allowed and wanted the affair, he didn’t physically abuse her. I‘m not Defending his past behaviour, but just because he shagged his brothers wife, doesn’t mean he’d physically assault his new partner. Trail by the media and people who love to pry into others personal lives shouldn’t be as wide spread as it is.
No I'm not saying he's guilty but people will think the worse of him because of what he has done in the past

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Beckham is all strictly controlled to maintain brand Beckham hollywood crap. Cantona is a genuine real bloke, a true legends, wears his heart of his sleeve and conforms for no one, love him to bits. Not sure how 'these United legends are no good" generally they're decent humans, the odd bad apple as always, but no more so than any other people.

As for Giggs, let's all remember this is only on suspicion. I have no idea why there's such a will to believe any negative news about him?
Hang on.....are you implying that Beckham is only a nice person because he wants to protect his public image?

Bit much that!

I mean PR is PR and all celebrities should have a good PR team that's what they're there for, to make you look good.

But to imply that you're a good person just because you want to keep your public image squeaky clean is huge assumption and almost as if you're implying Beckham could be a scumbag behind the scenes when neither of us know what he's like as a person and no-one knows him personally, terrible take there in my opinion.

RUCK4444

He is responsible for my overall cynical view of footballers these days and how they should never be seen as role-models, or be automatically seen as nice people.

Grew up with Cantona and Giggs as my favourite Utd players and were to me what people would consider role-model-like. It’s just Cantona now.

The fact he’s been suspended from the upcoming internationals makes me think it’s serious.
Totally agree. Was always Giggs and Cantona for me growing up, worshipped them.

On the bolded bit, yeah seems this has legs if they've suspended him for next 3 games. Shame as he was doing ok for us, but if it's true I want him gone regardless.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I met him after a match once and he was fine with me.

Andersonson

Depends, I think his brother is worse off after 8 years of lies and betrayal than a woman being hit once in the face.

BR7

Sorry you feel that way but it’s a fact.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Depends, I think his brother is worse off after 8 years of lies and betrayal than a woman being hit once in the face.
One of those actions is a criminal offence. One of them is just a damn right lousy thing to do. People cheat all over the place. You probably have experienced either in your own life or in your family somebody has. We all have experienced it.

Can't say the same for DV.