g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Giggs trial

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rhodri’s wife willingly allowed and wanted the affair, he didn’t physically abuse her. I‘m not Defending his past behaviour, but just because he shagged his brothers wife, doesn’t mean he’d physically assault his new partner. Trail by the media and people who love to pry into others personal lives shouldn’t be as wide spread as it is.
I think he had bedded her even before she married his brother.

Camilo

Guilty!! Guilty guilty guilty. Never trusted him... Evil behind the eyes.

Andersonson

One of those actions is a criminal offence. One of them is just a damn right lousy thing to do. People cheat all over the place. You probably have experienced either in your own life or in your family somebody has. We all have experienced it.

Can't say the same for DV.
I didnt disagree that one of them is a criminal offence or not. I said that maybe the brother thingy makes more harm than the other. Neither is of course ok to do.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sorry you feel that way but it’s a fact.
It’s a fact that growing up poor means you’ll definitely be abusive? I’d like to see your sources for that one mate. I’m a bit hesitant about how well thought out your argument is, as you’re the same person who thinks expecting someone not to beat their partner is being held to the highest moral code.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I didnt disagree that one of them is a criminal offence or not. I said that maybe the brother thingy makes more harm than the other. Neither is of course ok to do.
I agree both are awful in their own ways but i don't think you can put cheating up with domestic violence. This kind of attitude is probably why we have a DV issue in the country. You don't see it as being any worse. It's assault. Physical assault. It's way worse.

My dad cheated on my mum a few times sadly for example and she chose to forgive him. Her decision and all that etc. He's never hit her though and if he did I'd hit him back twice as hard.

IMO domestic violence = man or woman who regularly assaults/bullies their partner.

Domestic fight.... both get into an argument, both get heated....man gets arrested as he’s usually stronger.

I think Giggs lacks honour, but the personality of the women he gets with makes me think he’s not a domestic violence type.

BR7

It’s a fact that growing up poor means you’ll definitely be abusive? I’d like to see your sources for that one mate. I’m a bit hesitant about how well thought out your argument is, as you’re the same person who thinks expecting someone not to beat their partner is being held to the highest moral code.
It comes from a psychiatrist who is rated highly in this country. You have taken the comment too literally and deliberately so. Not every person I described will be abusive however there is a much higher number of men who have been abusive towards women and come from the backgrounds I’ve mentioned than educated men. Don’t really care if you agree or not you’re wrong

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
IMO domestic violence = man or woman who regularly assaults/bullies their partner.

Domestic fight.... both get into an argument, both get heated....man gets arrested as he’s usually stronger.

I think Giggs lacks honour, but the personality of the women he gets with makes me think he’s not a domestic violence type.
How much do you actually know about the personalities of the women 'he gets with? Do you know Giggs personally or do you just see a long lens beach shot of him with his latest girlfriend?
Baseless nonsense.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Regardless of what happened foreplay or not like some are saying, it’s disgusting if this is true. Hopefully know one was hurt regardless.

Ive always said great player knut of a man and his brothers wife is the same. Shameful people.
What?

Amerifan

Innocent until proven guilty. But if true, he should be sacked and have the book thrown at him.
Old fashioned thinking there. Today it’s obviously and exceedingly guilty in the press. If later proven innocent, quietly ignored.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Really really weird post.

youngrell

Of course he'll be sacked from the Wales job if guilty. Even if he's not guilty he may have to leave his position.

TrustInOle

Johnny Depp is a prime example as to why you don't rely on media hype. As others have said, innocent till proven guilty, seems a term lost in translation these days.

If true, truly completes his reputation as an Ahole.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It comes from a psychiatrist who is rated highly in this country. Not every person I described will be abusive however there is a much higher number of men who have been abusive towards women and come from the backgrounds I’ve mentioned than educated men.
The relationship between poverty and abuse is well documented, there’s also many more factors to take into account than just poor people bad, which is the highly reductive view you’re trying to push. The link between poverty, education and violence isn’t what we’re arguing though.

Sick and tired of people holding uneducated poorly raised people (in this instance footballers) to the highest moral code.
This is what you said. The reasonable conclusion here is that you believe because of the context surrounding Ryan’s childhood he shouldn’t be castigated for assaulting his partner, nor should he be expected to adhere to the sky high expectations of not assaulting his partner.

You have taken the comment too literally and deliberately so.
Have I? I’ve posted a part of our exchange below where I find it pretty hard to not come to the interpretation I did.
I also don’t think someone growing up poor and uneducated means they’re suddenly going to be an abusive prick.
Sorry you feel that way but it’s a fact.
It seems pretty literal to me.

Don’t really care if you agree or not you’re wrong
:lol:

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Guilty!! Guilty guilty guilty. Never trusted him... Evil behind the eyes.
I’m not gonna go screaming guilty because we’ve seen with Johnny Depp that women can lie about this stuff, and lie well, but I’ve always said, for years to friends and family, the guy has dead, almost evil eyes, looking at his face gives me the creeps.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Footballers no... but he's a manager now, and I would say its more important for your manager - especially one that represents your national team - to, well, not be assaulting their partner (if true).
I agree with what you’ve said butI think that holds for footballers too. I just don’t view footballers (or managers) as role models. Mainly because I don’t really buy into the idea of role models.

How much do you actually know about the personalities of the women 'he gets with? Do you know Giggs personally or do you just see a long lens beach shot of him with his latest girlfriend?
Baseless nonsense.
Your right I should not be judging personalities I don’t know or have never met. But I stand by what I say about the difference between domestic violence and a domestic fight.

Domestic violence is despicable... it’s long lasting, it involves a victim living in fear and the perpetrator often taking out his insecurities on his partner. As well as the physical attacks it often also includes psychological assaults and aims to make the victim feel small and stay small.

A domestic fight is just that.Just because one is a man and one is a woman. We don’t know who hit first. If she hit him first he has every right to reasonably defend himself. If he hit her first, we don’t know “how in his face she got before”. If it was the latter situation he would be in the wrong and should have walked away, told her to leave his house and if she refused called the police, but I would not class him as a low life domestic abuser.

I know it’s a sensitive subject so hope I’ve explained my general thoughts well enough for people to not misconstrue

Last edited:

BR7

The relationship between poverty and abuse is well documented, there’s also many more factors to take into account than just poor people bad, which is the highly reductive view you’re trying to push. The link between poverty, education and violence isn’t what we’re arguing though.

This is what you said. The reasonable conclusion here is that you believe because of the context surrounding Ryan’s childhood he shouldn’t be castigated for assaulting his partner, nor should he be expected to adhere to the sky high expectations of not assaulting his partner.

Have I? I’ve posted a part of our exchange below where I find it pretty hard to not come to the interpretation I did.

It seems pretty literal to me.

:lol:
[/QUO
Ha, how pathetic can’t win this argument so you go through all that above. You lost buddy

clarkydaz

Beckham used a prostitute once

They're still happily married 20+ years after, I'm not privy to how great their relationship is, but between him and Giggs I'd know who's the lesser cnut
He had an affair with his PA who got famous from it having a mini career.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Ha, how pathetic can’t win this argument so you go through all that above. You lost buddy
Yes, I see that clearly now. I guess we’ll leave it there rather than clog up the thread.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yes, I see that clearly now. I guess we’ll leave it there rather than clog up the thread.
Pity, now we'll never know why BR7 thinks that you lost while you had the correct arguments. You can't possibly argue that people should not be held to the general moral (and legal) standards of society because of their social background.

OL29

Surely you’re not this simple?

OleBoiii

Is this confirmed yet? We already know that he's a cnut of the highest order, but he's innocent until proven guilty.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Your right I should not be judging personalities I don’t know or have never met. But I stand by what I say about the difference between domestic violence and a domestic fight.

Domestic violence is despicable... it’s long lasting, it involves a victim living in fear and the perpetrator often taking out his insecurities on his partner. As well as the physical attacks it often also includes psychological assaults and aims to make the victim feel small and stay small.

A domestic fight is just that.Just because one is a man and one is a woman. We don’t know who hit first. If she hit him first he has every right to reasonably defend himself. If he hit her first, we don’t know “how in his face she got before”. If it was the latter situation he would be in the wrong and should have walked away, told her to leave his house and if she refused called the police, but I would not class him as a low life domestic abuser.

I know it’s a sensitive subject so hope I’ve explained my general thoughts well enough for people to not misconstrue
Clearly there are differences between someone repeatedly assaulting a partner over a sustained period and a one-off drunken altercation. We really have no detail to be able to classify this alleged incident though.
Also, so much domestic abuse goes unreported, it's dangerous to base all assumptions on a single public incident.

If found guilty Giggs will deserve the consequences.

But the people getting on their high horse in this thread should remember that United have a statue of George Best outside Old Trafford and everyone loves him but his behaviour was reprehensible and worse than Giggs'.

The double standards are crazy.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Finally living up to his label as the new George Best.

Pass and Move

I’m not defending Giggs here, he may well be guilty, but until he’s proven so it is ridiculous that he can be suspended as Wales manager. I wouldn’t put it past some clubs or nations making unfounded allegations against managers or players ahead of an important match or tournament in order to have them suspended if this is the precedent being set.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’m not defending Giggs here, he may well be guilty, but until he’s proven so it is ridiculous that he can be suspended as Wales manager. I wouldn’t put it past some clubs or nations making unfounded allegations against managers or players ahead of an important match or tournament in order to have them suspended if this is the precedent being set.
I don’t see how they couldn’t suspend him. He was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, it would set a poor example if he was allowed to continue in his role. False allegations to the police are very rare and the scenario you’ve described seems fairly implausible

Pass and Move

I don’t see how they couldn’t suspend him. He was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, it would set a poor example if he was allowed to continue in his role. False allegations to the police are very rare and the scenario you’ve described seems fairly implausible
Exactly, suspicion, so where is the innocent until proven guilty? And is what I suggested any less plausible than Russia and Qatar managing to bribe FIFA into awarding them the WC?