Television Gladiators UK

GazTheLegend

It's not going to be the same if they aren't all off their nut on coke.
Mate half of them are on godknowswhat it's brilliant proper nostalgia goggles stuff, some of the gladiators look like they've used ALL the drugs.

"I was majestic up there" had me rolling. I like the Legend bloke for the new wolf even if they're pushing the other dude.

Weird seeing Clattenburg back but he's been fine

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
"And Scotland has a new superstar!"

Yeah, she's genuinely now No1 up there for any kind of sporting talent :lol:
:lol: the absolute over hype and cheese is great man. Imagine watching this as a kid, it'd be amazing. feck, it's amazing as an adult :lol:

They've picked great contestants too that first ep, they weren't knobheads but could throw some shade at the gladiators and were a good laugh, the gladiators all seemed fairly fun too.

It's now my Saturday must watch. See you all again here same time next week yeah?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
:lol: the absolute over hype and cheese is great man. Imagine watching this as a kid, it'd be amazing. feck, it's amazing as an adult :lol:

They've picked great contestants too that first ep, they weren't knobheads but could throw some shade at the gladiators and were a good laugh, the gladiators all seemed fairly fun too.

It's now my Saturday must watch. See you all again here same time next week yeah?
Honestly, even though it's blatantly set up, Walsh JR is a talentless melted clone and Finley is a plant, I absolutely love how true it is to how trash the original show was.

Nudge me to remind me to watch it! I absolutely enjoyed that :lol:

For some maybe. Too much for me. Feels like a show for kids :lol:
It was always a show for big kids!

It's like professional wrestling, except so much cooler. Get on board and stop being so old.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
My missus is still drooling over Sabre. She's the one, those thighs...

Me, I really liked Legend. But that's because if I looked like that I'd do the twat "simply the best" intro too :lol:
I am going to have to do some thorough research tonight! :nervous: :lol:

United Hobbit

Really enjoyed that, love how true to the original they kept it

I used to want to do the eliminator :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly, even though it's blatantly set up, Walsh JR is a talentless melted clone and Finley is a plant, I absolutely love how true it is to how trash the original show was.

Nudge me to remind me to watch it! I absolutely enjoyed that :lol:

It was always a show for big kids!

It's like professional wrestling, except so much cooler. Get on board and stop being so old.
Hey I’m not saying people can’t like it. It’s just way too cringe for me. It’s stuff parents watch with their kids.

TheReligion

Abusive
So I watched it. Will likely watch it again given the time it’s on. Easy viewing and quite amusing.

Diamond brings the show a certain sparkle.

GazTheLegend

Hey I’m not saying people can’t like it. It’s just way too cringe for me. It’s stuff parents watch with their kids.
I will never understand why people enter threads about shows they will never watch and then say "I won't watch this show in particular" :lol: :lol:

not having a dig, it's a proper internet thing I think. Like I will click links on the Traitors show, British bakeoff etc and I've never sat through a full episode of either thing.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Did ever Forget they tried bringing this back about 10 years ago on sky?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I will never understand why people enter threads about shows they will never watch and then say "I won't watch this show in particular" :lol: :lol:

not having a dig, it's a proper internet thing I think. Like I will click links on the Traitors show, British bakeoff etc and I've never sat through a full episode of either thing.
I definitely click on threads about shows I’m extremely unlikely to watch out of a sort of morbid curiosity about how people are getting enjoyment out of something which (to me) seems incredibly shit. I‘ve even been known to have a wee peak at the wrestling thread every now and then.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Well I watched a bit of it that’s why. Said my opinion and won’t be back in again :)

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought that was really fun. Looking forward to the next one.

My favourite was Rhino back in the day. I think it was because I was a wrestling fan and thought "hey, another Rhino!"

Coxy

Really enjoyed it - was great watching with the kids.

just wish they had different presenters

OptimisedRed

Went to Sheffield to watch one of the semi finals being filmed. A long day out, but a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

Withnail

I thought that was really fun. Looking forward to the next one.

My favourite was Rhino back in the day. I think it was because I was a wrestling fan and thought "hey, another Rhino!"
Are you sure you've got your timelines right there? Rhino in Gladiators would have been long before Rhyno in wrestling, surely?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are you sure you've got your timelines right there? Rhino in Gladiators would have been long before Rhyno in wrestling, surely?
You're right but I wasn't watching the earlier seasons live at the time. Or maybe I was and I was just too young to remember. For me, it was more late 90s and repeats on Challenge.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Powerball is great, when the women play this surely fury has to be one of the gladiators being a rugby player :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
This game is shite, the gladiator could literally just dive across and get them, legend just let him walk past repeatedly :lol: