g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Glastonbury 2023

mitChley

Helders is such a dude. My mate used to life coach him which is hilarious as he's not someone you'd want coaching you. He turned up to Helders house once for a party, already steaming and ate lasagne with his hands.

miked99

This is really disappointing so far. I hate the vocals, they're sapping all the dynamism from the songs

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Sorry lads but it’s a nonsense as “live music or contemporary arts”. I appreciate it could be fun, people knowing the words, drunk and in the sun. If I was in a club and I heard those songs I’d think “that’s alright” and dance along to it. I read he writes songs too, that’s a talent.
But it’s a nonsense as far as having it second to last - second stage Glasto as some sort of live spectical. It is a guy playing music from an iMac, it cannot be dressed up as anything else. Yea he’s very good at playing music from an iMac but he’s still just playing music from an iMac.
I mean, none of this is right at all.

How do you feel about Daft Punk?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
This is really disappointing so far. I hate the vocals, they're sapping all the dynamism from the songs
He's been like this for years, I don't know why he couldn't have left that style with The Last Shadow Puppets tbh, he's just butchering all the classics.

Such a let down so far, used to one of my favourite bands but he's lost me these days.

thebelfastboy

Artic monkeys are boring me to death. They've got such a decent catalogue too, always wonder why bands like this on the headlining days don't just play what people want to hear? Turns into such self indulgent crap

Sweet Square

Almost respect this level of shite ness. It’s like a comedy/parody performance from Turner.

Your not Johnny Cash your from Sheffield.

RedNome

Will the real Arctic Monkeys please stand up.

miked99

He's been like this for years, I don't know why he couldn't have left that style with The Last Shadow Puppets tbh, he's just butchering all the classics.

Such a let down so far, used to one of my favourite bands but he's lost me these days.
Really? When I've seen other live clips they've seemed decent but maybe they were older.

I love this band, but this is just plodding and boring.

RedNome

Why do you only ever bore me when you're high.

mitChley

I'm in the minority here but I'm enjoying this. That said if I were there I'd be watching Chemical Brothers (saw AM a few weeks back).

miked99

I'm in the minority here but I'm enjoying this. That said if I were there I'd be watching Chemical Brothers (saw AM a few weeks back).
Did he sing like this then as well?

I saw Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury last time I went (2014, I think) - they were so good. Light show was ace too

RedNome

I saw Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury last time I went (2014, I think) - they were so good. Light show was ace too
You'll always get a banger of a show with the Chems.

Ludens the Red

Saw them last week at the Emirates and he’s turned his mic up by about a thousand since then. This style works with songs off the Car but not the old stuff. He hit the balance last week, not so much today…

Four out of five sounded shit last week and no change this :lol:
I mean, none of this is right at all.

How do you feel about Daft Punk?
One more time….

Good recording act, not to be taken seriously as “live performers”.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
His voice isn't shot. He just does this shit and has done for ages.

Only surprise is he hasn't changed the lyrics to be edgy yet. I guess he even bottles the act at Glastonbury.

Funniest thing was Liam calling him out on it ages ago. "He dresses like a Teddy boy and pretends, but does he go home to his mum dressed like that?"

mitChley

Yeah sang the same, but has for a few years now so wasn't a surprise.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Chem Bros is just a DJ set though. Wouldn't be pushed by that. Seeing them live is an experience though!

RedNome

Only surprise is he hasn't changed the lyrics to be edgy yet. I guess he even bottles the act at Glastonbury.

Funniest thing was Liam calling him out on it ages ago. "He dresses like a Teddy boy and pretends, but does he go home to his mum dressed like that?"
Yep, this has been years in the making, nothing new at all, it all started with the Shadow Puppets.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

He cancelled their Dublin gig earlier this week with laryngitis, hence the comments about his voice being shot. But it's actually improving as he goes.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Chem Bros is just a DJ set though. Wouldn't be pushed by that. Seeing them live is an experience though!
Will be seeing them for the 2nd time in Dublin later this year

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I really am enjoying this set. Am gutted they cancelled on Tuesday. Ruined my week

hoping blur make up for it tomorrow

RedNome

TBF, he's probably well off his tits right now, but still, it's his style these days.

RedNome

The first Shadow Puppets album isn't like this at all
I know, but that's when this crooning style started to creep it's way into the Arctics.

Also the first Shadow album was great, loved it.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
AM always make me think of a stand up comedian thats got a tight hour of material, but they've been booked for 2 hours

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Sad seeing a band ruining their own great songs. Still the crowd seem to be enjoying it though.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Their performance is just lacking a lot of energy. Sounds like they’ve lost the crowd a bit.

Withnail

One more time….

Good recording act, not to be taken seriously as “live performers”.
Wow. It's impressive how aggressively ignorant you're being. I saw Daft Punk live in 97. It's one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They put on an amazing show and worked the crowd expertly.
They don't just hit play on a playlist ffs.

Last edited:

RedNome

The band look bored playing like this too, would love to know how they truly feel about it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not surprised people aren't getting on with the AM set. Even before their sound changed I never thought they were a particularly good live act, the change in sound made them less so again. And I say that preferring at least one of their two most recent albums over most of the ones before that, so it's not like I'm not on board generally.