Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don’t think it’s new owners we need. Maybe if we put a steak through David Moyes heart it will lift his curse he put on our club.

Joking just in case he’s reading this forum :lol:
He would probably want it medium rare

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm relieved we're finally approaching the 1000 page mark...we all know this is critical in every situation for the club. I'm not worried about the money spent as the Qataris will make their money back in shirt sales alone! just hope we get the deal seized in time before the NYSE closes today!
You know that the club only makes a small % from each shirt sale? I read somewhere that adidas get the majority scare

MF1138

Yes, you can be interested. But at the end of the day, all we have are conjectures and at best circumstantial talking points. If you know that, why get suspicious?

We should get a lot more information when Raine announces the preferred bidder. I get the PR leaks will be more detailed then. But if I was the preferred bidder, I would be quite measured on what I want to get out unless I am sure I can win.

Personally, the only thing I am really interested in, is their respective business models.
Let's look at Newcastle for a minute... The only assurance they have about who their owners are is the one the premier league said that they have and that has already become very dubious.

We may never find out who exactly owns us under the Jassim bid. They've been happy to tell us lots of stuff that they think we want to hear but not who they are. I'm not ok with that. But you can be happily oblivious if you like.

Just because they can keep who they are a secret doesn't mean they should.

Also the thread is about United being sold, and who the actual people that may be buying us are would be pretty high up the list on that discussion. So you can give them excuses for hiding all you like but I'll remain suspicious of people who hide who they are.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
It’s April fools you absolute simpletons.
Haha sorry had to go hard there.

No news again. Looks like Glazers stay

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Let's look at Newcastle for a minute... The only assurance they have about who their owners are is the one the premier league said that they have and that has already become very dubious.

We may never find out who exactly owns us under the Jassim bid. They've been happy to tell us lots of stuff that they think we want to hear but not who they are. I'm not ok with that. But you can be happily oblivious if you like.

Just because they can keep who they are a secret doesn't mean they should.

Also the thread is about United being sold, and who the actual people that may be buying us are would be pretty high up the list on that discussion. So you can give them excuses for hiding all you like but I'll remain suspicious of people who hide who they are.
Its a tactical reason why they should not tell the whole world --- who their partners are, their plans and their business model to the public especially when you are in a competitive scenario. Its not a PR exercise. Its a serious competitive environment. It does them no good.

I certainly wouldn't -- nothing good can come out of it in this phase of the sale process. It would be completely naive, sophomoreish if they did.

NotThatSoph

Exactly. People agree that bidders have the right to be private, and then they get suspicious when bidders choose to be private. :lol:
What do you find funny about that? Lots of things people have the right to do can be both suspicious and bad.

The Glazers have the right to stay as owners, for instance. They have the right to take out even more loans, and keep taking dividends. They have a right to bankrupt the club.

MF1138

Its a tactical reason why they should not tell the whole world --- who their partners are, their plans and their business model to the public especially when you are in a competitive scenario. Its not a PR exercise. Its a serious competitive environment. It does them no good.

I certainly wouldn't -- nothing good can come out of it in this phase of the sale process. It would be completely naive, sophomoreish if they did.
Or it could be that they are backed by a bunch of people who will never reveal themselves ever because they don't have to. None of the reasons for them not revealing themselves matter to the fact that while they are hidden it only makes sense to be suspicious about them because we don't know who they are.

The idea that we as fans should welcome a group of people who we don't even know who they are, based only on the fluff they've spun to the media is absurd.

I'm not saying they'll be good bad or indifferent but while we don't know who is supporting a bid we'd be fools to welcome them with open arms.

You chose to believe their reasons to keep themselves secret are benign, I'm open to the face that it may not be.

But I'm tired of going round in circles with you. You're apparently happy to be oblivious. I'm not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Or it could be that they are backed by a bunch of people who will never reveal themselves ever because they don't have to. None of the reasons for them not revealing themselves matter to the fact that while they are hidden it only makes sense to be suspicious about them because we don't know who they are.

The idea that we as fans should welcome a group of people who we don't even know who they are, based only on the fluff they've spun to the media is absurd.

I'm not saying they'll be good bad or indifferent but while we don't know who is supporting a bid we'd be fools to welcome them with open arms.

You chose to believe their reasons to keep themselves secret are benign, I'm open to the face that it may not be.

But I'm tired of going round in circles with you. You're apparently happy to be oblivious. I'm not.
Christ on a stick. Its business. A serious one at that.

Are you that naive about business or do you see black helicopters a lot?

I get it -- you are wumming me -- April's Fool.

Last edited:

Señor Sloppy

That was all after a bid had been accepted and while the premier league were considering approval though wasn't it? We are not in that position yet, we don't know whose bid will be accepted, if any. Maybe when we do, and if it looks necessary, protests will come along. If it's Qatar I expect protests against at any rate (not that I would agree with them personally).
That’s true, but I’d say from the quantity of information that is publicly available - even considering the unreliability of our media - Elliot Group can already be identified as the biggest threat to a full takeover.

Once a deal is finalised with Elliot Group, it’ll likely be too late for fans to have any influence on proceedings.

Partridge

I don’t think it’s new owners we need. Maybe if we put a steak through David Moyes heart it will lift his curse he put on our club.

Joking just in case he’s reading this forum :lol:
Don't mention the words "zaha" and "spitroast", and the curse will be lifted. :D

MF1138

Christ on a stick. Its business. A serious one at that.

Are you that naive about business or do you see black helicopters a lot?

I get it -- you are wumming me -- April's Fool.
Sure someone is interested and worried about who might be buying the club... must be a joke.:houllier:

You seriously can't fathom that fans should be cautious about the kinds of people that want to buy the club?
Our current owners have taken the club for a ride for almost twenty years but thinking someone else could come in and do anything similar is conspiracy theory stuff. How dare we ask questions!

HarryP

No. And that's a bad sign.

The Glazers aren't going to announce they're staying all of a sudden because that could trigger large and viscous protests. So if they now intend to stay, they will slow the 'sale process' down (less news and updates) and gradually brief that they're quite likely to stay. Then, when a point is reached where people expect them to stay, they'll announce it. There'll still be protests etc. but just not as badly if they made an abrupt announcement.
I posted this almost a week ago.

Since then we had a briefing from Keegan reporting that Elliott upped their interest after examining the books and Simon Stone saying that he's heard from high level sources that the Glazers are now likely to stay with Elliott as minority partners.

Apart from that, it's been near radio silence.

Exactly how I expected things to play out if the Glazers had taken the decision to stay after all.

Cal?

CR7 fan
They didn’t even try and so many people are getting upset by this.
The Glazers don’t own the 31%, why would Elliot need a breakthrough with them to purchase those if they wanted to.

C'est Moi Cantona

Watching the development of Man Utd on NY Stock Exchange you dont feel really confident anything will happen.

Also makes you wonder if the Qatar-thing was just something Raine/Glazer spun to increase the valuation (in agreement with the Qatar people off course). I mean, some random banker from Qatar few had heard about? With very little to back that he have the funds. Ok, he has a rich dad, but not that rich and certainly not that keen on this type of investment. Bit weird that he did not show up at Old Trafford himself (like Ratcliff)?
I'd say it's far more likely that the whole Elliot thing is what's been 'spun' by Raine/Glazers, not that it doesn't exist, but that Elliot are allowing themselves to be used like a weapon to threaten Qatar and SJR (and the fans) into thinking this is a viable option, when in fact it's the most stupid illogical option there is.

Elliot just taking a fee for the privilege, and/or happy with the free exposure they're getting.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No. And that's a bad sign.

The Glazers aren't going to announce they're staying all of a sudden because that could trigger large and viscous protests. So if they now intend to stay, they will slow the 'sale process' down (less news and updates) and gradually brief that they're quite likely to stay. Then, when a point is reached where people expect them to stay, they'll announce it. There'll still be protests etc. but just not as badly if they made an abrupt announcement.
I agree

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Be interesting to know if this thread has dropped off the front page over the last several months, not sure if it has!

C'est Moi Cantona

Since then we had a briefing from Keegan reporting that Elliott upped their interest after examining the books and Simon Stone saying that he's heard from high level sources that the Glazers are now likely to stay with Elliott as minority partners.

Exactly how I expected things to play out if the Glazers had taken the decision to stay after all.
It could equally mean something else though.

I'd be fairly sure that if Qatar, and maybe to a lesser extent SJR were getting the hint that the Glazers were backtracking then they'd be briefing something to the press very quickly.

And it still comes back to the fact that Elliot in no way makes any sense whilst the Glazers have proper offers on the table, and so aren't at a point where they desperate for money from a source like this.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
They didn’t even try and so many people are getting upset by this.
The Glazers don’t own the 31%, why would Elliot need a breakthrough with them to purchase those if they wanted to.
The point of an April fool is to catch someone out believing nonsense, not posting something that could end up being true in a few weeks.

Its like saying, so and so's dead, April fool, they are just terminally ill.

Read the room @Utdstand. Unbelievable.

TheReligion

Abusive

So now you’re patting yourself on the back by quoting yourself about something that is still pure speculation and opinion.

Bloody hell :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Wouldn't believe anything relating to the Glazers and a sale posted today. Wait until tomorrow for real news, anyone with actual news will be holding it until it's no longer April fools.

Baxquux

HarryP, will you take a ban if the Glazers announce they're selling up control by June?

Status
Not open for further replies.