Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Agree but in football, things change very quick, 1 month you are upswing, 3 months later its different.

The sale is not happening today, it will take months.

You just dont know what new owners want to do. We all know Ten Hag is the right man for the job, we all support him.

Chelsea fans all supported Tuchel, he was gone.
I mean no they didn’t, that’s not true, there was shock he was sacked, but plenty were questioning him. It also wasn’t going brilliantly for him, and his league form underwhelmed his entire time there?

Chief123

Newcastle also got new manager when new owners came.
Terrible comparison. Newcastle were playing horrendous football under a manager who was known to play shite football. They couldn’t even buy a win. Bruce’s relationship with the fans had become extremely toxic with even animosity towards his family. He should have been sacked a lot sooner. There was always going to be a new manager brought in.

Meanwhile ETH has carried out one of the greatest transformations in a team in such a short space of time. Right now he is one of the best managers in Europe. If you were to sack him there really is no better upgrade available out there who would have been able to bring Utd to where they are now based on the circumstances of last season. Let’s not forget many fans and even some pundits were flirting with the idea that Utd could get involved in a relegation fight after our disastrous first 2 defeats.

If any new owner sacked ETH, the fans would instantly turn on the owners and possibly become toxic. Not the best way to introduce yourself to the fans.

romufc

I mean no they didn’t, that’s not true, there was shock he was sacked, but plenty were questioning him. It also wasn’t going brilliantly for him, and his league form underwhelmed his entire time there?
Oh sorry, I forgot you know more as a fan.

I was hearing things when I saw Chelsea fans supporting Tuchel, singing his name even after he was sacked.

I also have Chelsea fans as mates who didn't want him sacked.

Okay, so who's to say our league form is to continue until next season, our owners are not coming in now.

romufc

If any new owner sacked ETH, the fans would instantly turn on the owners and possibly become toxic. Not the best way to introduce yourself to the fans.
Todd Boehly says Hi, I dont see Chelsea fans being toxic and they didnt want Tuchel sacked.

Chief123

These are the simple facts. We cannot compete with Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid in the transfer market under our current owners. We’ve spent a bomb but it’s all come direct from sponsorship, Tv, match day and merchandise revenue. When I say compete I mean for players like Haaland and Mbappe. The best of the best. With Liverpool potentially been taken over too we could find ourselves well behind again. Do I want oil money running the club? Of course not, will I take it? Of course.
Agreed. The biggest issue in the transfer market we have is we just don’t win when it’s a battle for the very top players. When the likes of City, Chelsea or Madrid have wanted a player we want too we can’t compete.

The fact we spend a lot of money on transfer fees is a red herring because it’s generally on transfers where we don’t have other top teams pushing for it as much as us. We just tend to get over charged for it because we are Utd. If the likes of City wanted Casemiro or Martinez as much as us, they would probably get them.

Judas

Open to offers
Oh sorry, I forgot you know more as a fan.

I was hearing things when I saw Chelsea fans supporting Tuchel, singing his name even after he was sacked.

I also have Chelsea fans as mates who didn't want him sacked.

Okay, so who's to say our league form is to continue until next season, our owners are not coming in now.
If we’re doing terribly when they come in and things are spirally downwards that’s obviously an entirely different conversation? “What if we’re relegated??? Still think they’ll back him and not sack him??? Gotcha!!!”.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Agree but in football, things change very quick, 1 month you are upswing, 3 months later its different.

You just dont know what new owners want to do. We all know Ten Hag is the right man for the job, we all support him.

Yes but the club wasn't doing well in the previous months and I think he had internal issues too. Plus Tuchel isn't known for his tact esp with his bosses.

Chairman Steve

I don’t think any potential buyer is going to sack ETH. They’d be absolutely nuts to do that considering United look like they‘re on the up for the first time in a while. It‘s one less headache for them.

Tuchel has a history of falling out with hierarchy and Newcastle had Steve Bruce in charge (say no more). Mark Hughes got time at City when Mansour rolled in.

My hunch is Qatar has one hand on the trophy so to speak, which has made any other potential other bidders stay quiet publicly and may move onto other clubs, namely Liverpool. None of those potential parties want to display their wealth too much in case John Henry ups his price on Liverpool.

Chief123

Todd Boehly says Hi, I dont see Chelsea fans being toxic and they didnt want Tuchel sacked.
Maybe you are forgetting Tuchel had a terrible start to the season with the players looking lost and far from his previous seasons. It’s not like Tuchel was playing the best football Chelsea has seen in recent years like ETH is doing with Utd. There was already reports of Tuchel’s personal life affecting him. It’s nowhere near the same comparison as what ETH is doing.

Imagine sacking a manager who’s dealt with every single major challenge and decision he’s had to deal with to date. He’s got us playing the best football in the last 10 years. He’s got fans in love with the team again. For the first time in 10 years he’s got us in with a realistic chance of winning the title and not one where we are 2nd place 15 points behind the leader. Yeah, defo should sack him.

romufc

Yes but the club wasn't doing well in the previous months and I think he had internal issues too. Plus Tuchel isn't known for his tact esp with his bosses.
Ok fine. So since the sacking, are Chelsea doing better or worse ?

I mean obviously they were struggling with all the off field issues in respects to the ownership, not sure if they could travel to games etc...

So I guess Potter is in the job because hes doing really well?

Finally, he backed the manager with 240m to sack him few days after the window closes?

We need an rvn

At Ajax, ETH repeatedly had his best players taken from hear nearly every year yet still managed to get a good Ajax squad to the semi-final of the CL and win a couple of Ere divisie titles.

Personally speaking, and some might not agree with this and think Tuchel is a far superior manager, I'd love to see what he could do if given the chance to build a squad and not lose his best players year on year. No one can take away that he's brought discipline back to the squad, got rid of bad wood and brought some fight back into the club.

At the moment, many of his more divisive decisions that gets some riled are due to a lack of depth in the squad and some key missing pieces to his puzzle (keeper / striker / FDJ)

I'm hoping the new regime sees similar and gives him a fair crack

romufc

Maybe you are forgetting Tuchel had a terrible start to the season with the players looking lost and far from his previous seasons. It’s not like Tuchel was playing the best football Chelsea has seen in recent years like ETH is doing with Utd. There was already reports of Tuchel’s personal life affecting him. It’s nowhere near the same comparison as what ETH is doing.

Imagine sacking a manager who’s dealt with every single major challenge and decision he’s had to deal with to date. He’s got us playing the best football in the last 10 years. He’s got fans in love with the team again. For the first time in 10 years he’s got us in with a realistic chance of winning the title and not one where we are 2nd place 15 points behind the leader. Yeah, defo should sack him.
Right Right, imagine sacking a manager that won you the CL, dealt with all the off field issues when the Roman sanctions hit.

Chelsea fans were happy with him. Tuchel got sacked after having a terrible start, I am not sure if you remember our start to the season, I suspect you will be happy if we start badly and Ten Hag is sacked?

He backed Tuchel with 240m in the summer. If you are saying he got sacked because of results, why is Potter in the job?

Chief123

I apologize for taking this thread off-topic once again, it will be the last time.

Just proved once more fans are more worried about Ten Hag getting fired than being taken over by a corrupt repressive regime. Which would severely hurt the club, make no mistake.
Get over it ffs. Can’t wait for you to abandon the club when Qataris take over. You should write a book on it.

Chief123

Right Right, imagine sacking a manager that won you the CL, dealt with all the off field issues when the Roman sanctions hit.

Chelsea fans were happy with him. Tuchel got sacked after having a terrible start, I am not sure if you remember our start to the season, I suspect you will be happy if we start badly and Ten Hag is sacked?

He backed Tuchel with 240m in the summer. If you are saying he got sacked because of results, why is Potter in the job?
Ranieri won Leicester the title and got sacked. Jose and Conte won the title with Chelsea and got sacked. What’s your point?

You obviously make judgments on a manager based on the here and now. What reason would the owners have to sack ETH right now? It really is a desperate attempt to align Tuchel getting sacked with ETH potentially getting sacked.

Strelok

These are the simple facts. We cannot compete with Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid in the transfer market under our current owners. We’ve spent a bomb but it’s all come direct from sponsorship, Tv, match day and merchandise revenue. When I say compete I mean for players like Haaland and Mbappe. The best of the best. With Liverpool potentially been taken over too we could find ourselves well behind again. Do I want oil money running the club? Of course not, will I take it? Of course.
Madrid, Bayern are not oil club. Their revenues are on level with us. City and PSG bought Neymar, Mbappe, Haaland and ton of the 'best of the best' and yet they haven't won the CL. While Madrid and Bayern won the CL multiple times.

Tiber

Thats nice, so a new CEO will not want his own man in charge? or it stops at the CEO?
Hopefully the new owner clears out every glazer underling on the business side of the club they can find

BuzzKillington

Wow, wading through the last 10 pages it’s almost like we said post all the moralising arguments and off topic stuff you want. I mean it’s not like we have a thread for that. Down with just keeping this to purely sale driven talk. Good work guys
Would it not just make more sense to have this thread as the moralising thread and set another one up titled appropriately for people to discuss the financials or whatever.

Chief123

Would it not just make more sense to have this thread as the moralising thread and set another one up titled appropriately for people to discuss the financials or whatever.
The same will happen in that thread.

Unless warnings or bans are given for those who keep going off topic, it’ll continue. Especially when every post gets responded to with “I can’t believe your bothered about that when we’re getting bought by a criminal regime”.

romufc

Ranieri won Leicester the title and got sacked. Jose and Conte won the title with Chelsea and got sacked. What’s your point?

You obviously make judgments on a manager based on the here and now. What reason would the owners have to sack ETH right now? It really is a desperate attempt to align Tuchel getting sacked with ETH potentially getting sacked.
Because the new owners are not in charge right now maybe?

You've actually answered your own question by pointing out all the managers who had good previous seasons been sacked. The new owner wont be in place until the summer. Right now its the Glazers in charge.

peridigm

This thread will be chaos tomorrow when the actual people that have submitted bids gets released or leaked.
This thread is already chaos and I doubt we'll hear anything new. Probably regurgitated rumors.

AlPistacho

Good point about Tuchel. Although a difference is that was already an environment where he might have got sacked under the previous regime.

With the next owners at United. They will be aware, or made aware, of the great job ETH is doing. Plus United’s history of giving deserving managers time.

ShinjiNinja26

I wish people would stop peddling this idea that if the Qatari’s takeover they’re going to sack ETH. It’s complete and utter nonsense and there’s zero evidence to back it up. It just comes across as petty scaremongering because they aren’t happy with them potentially taking over.

Tarrou

This thread will be chaos tomorrow when the actual people that have submitted bids gets released or leaked.
do we think anything will be released though?

I can't think of a reason why the Glazers/Raine would do that

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
All this makes me want it even more. Feck all these people. Zero of this energy when it was any other club.

AlPistacho

This thread is already chaos and I doubt we'll hear anything new. Probably regurgitated rumors.
Yeah. It’s nothing like the Chelsea bid. Might get leaks. But anyone who’s bided and has access to the books will have signed a non disclosure. Really only those that think they can win are going to get it leaked.

Ratcliff might leak it to see how fans react to his loan/finance glazers not the glazers bid in light of some fan opposition to ME bids

Status
Not open for further replies.