Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck right off!! Integrity? That disappeared years ago and where was the uproar with Redbull owning Salzburg and Leigzig? Who literally played each other in Europe a couple of seasons ago. Or is this just reserved for when it’s Utd potentially being taken over?

romufc

Good point about Tuchel. Although a difference is that was already an environment where he might have got sacked under the previous regime.

With the next owners at United. They will be aware, or made aware, of the great job ETH is doing. Plus United’s history of giving deserving managers time.
Ideally, we all want new owners to come in and review things top to bottom without making rash decisions.

The last thing we want is them coming in thinking they are now in control of the biggest club and they need to make drastic changes to make a statement.

Personally, I want the owners to be in place well before the pre season, say May, have a review of the last few years with the current hierarchy in terms of what has gone wrong, what has changed because, we have made changes in the last year.

Then its up to them to say, do we think Richard Arnold and Murtough are good for the job? if they stay in the job, Ten Hag 100% stays.

I would prefer gradual organic changes than loads at once like we have seen at Chelsea.

James_42

People can't have United being successful again, where was this energy for other teams?

romufc

I might be wrong, but where was all this hoo ha when Leipzig and Salzburg are in the same competition?

I mean they are both owned by Red Bull no?

ShinjiNinja26

UEFA can do feck all about this, they’ve already set a precedent with Redbull owning two clubs and if the Qatari’s use the same method to get around it then they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

MUFC OK

Inevitable this sort of stuff would start to come out. It's now an issue of integrity is it? :lol:

Salty journalism from a fan of a rival club. Knew their would be backlash to Utd having super rich owners.

Not paying for the article so can someone confirm who is supposedly asking UEFA to block the move?

Chief123

Because the new owners are not in charge right now maybe?

You've actually answered your own question by pointing out all the managers who had good previous seasons been sacked. The new owner wont be in place until the summer. Right now its the Glazers in charge.
You really are beating around the bush. So you’re saying the new owners could sack ETH because he performs badly between now and when they arrive. Welcome to the world of football. Obviously every manager is judged on results. Unless Utd completely implode between now and the summer, there’s zero reason to sack him.

ShinjiNinja26

Inevitable this sort of stuff would start to come out. It's now an issue of integrity is it? :lol:

Salty journalism from a fan of a rival club. Knew their would be backlash to Utd having super rich owners.
Yep. Could see it coming a mile away. The ABU agenda is going to be ramped up tenfold in the coming weeks.

romufc

Clearly rival fans trying to stop the United war chest train.
I wonder why rival fans are worried about that. According to them dont our owners spend? Cause they keep bringing up the 1bn spent and nothing won argument.

So why they worried?

romufc

You really are beating around the bush. So you’re saying the new owners could sack ETH because he performs badly between now and when they arrive. Welcome to the world of football. Obviously every manager is judged on results. Unless Utd completely implode between now and the summer, there’s zero reason to sack him.
The owners are not in charge right now. What dont you get. They will judge him and everything when they are in charge.

dove

Integrity of football would have been a valid point 20 years ago. But now we are way beyond that point, it's long gone. Or the possibility of taking us will be the turning point? I would bet there are plenty of entities thrilled seeing where we are right now.

MUFC OK

I wonder why rival fans are worried about that. According to them dont our owners spend? Cause they keep bringing up the 1bn spent and nothing won argument.

So why they worried?
The fact rivals are keeping quiet/shitting themselves about this potential takeover is telling and is exactly why I want it to happen.

Owners with massive resources and ambition to win is a nightmare for ABUs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
And this is why we need the big bucks.

So pathetic clubs like Citeh and Newcastle can spend their way to the top but once it comes to United, the rule book gets dusted off and searched for any and all obstacles, real or otherwise. A bit like the Casemiro red card and the numerous penalties we never get while Jack the beauty pageant contestant gets on the regular.

I would imagine Qatar can get this done and if UEFA know where their breed is buttered, they won't piss off the owners of the few huge European clubs that said no to the Superleague.

laughtersassassin

Not even saying I want the Qataris but you simply can't block it.

You already let Saudi in. And Abu Dhabi. And Red Bull have two teams.

If it got blocked it's just because it's Manchester United. Rules should be the same for everyone.

Therefore it's too late to start blocking these takeovers. That time came and went

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Rather have to go through all these processes ahead of the club being sold than after to be honest. I'm not against a thorough investigation into the potential ownership models and overlaps of Utd/PSG, although - as has been stated - the lack of scrutiny over the Red Bull clubs is pertinent/potentially precedent setting. It would seem pretty odd for UEFA to have an issue with this ownership model after PSG. City and Newcastle.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

So pathetic clubs like Citeh and Newcastle can spend their way to the top but once it comes to United, the rule book gets dusted off and searched for any and all obstacles, real or otherwise. A bit like the Casemiro red card and the numerous penalties we never get while Jack the beauty pageant contestant gets on the regular.

I would imagine Qatar can get this done and if UEFA know where their breed is buttered, they won't piss off the owners of the few huge European clubs that said no to the Superleague.
United have always been held to higher standards than other clubs, we're the face of English football.

Bosws87

The horse has long since bolted Uefa can't do anything.

the media will love it though gets people scared.

If you actually read the article it appears to be about the PSG/UTD both being owned by the same entity that will long of been taken care of.

Grande

I might be wrong, but where was all this hoo ha when Leipzig and Salzburg are in the same competition?

I mean they are both owned by Red Bull no?
I think taking a stand against this is tje right way to go, not the wrong way to go. A consistent system needs to be put in place piece by piece to remove club consortiums, and people i power needs to take morr responsibility to use these opportunities. Now is as good a time to start as any.

laughtersassassin

I think taking a stand against this is tje right way to go, not the wrong way to go. A consistent system needs to be put in place piece by piece to remove club consortiums, and people i power needs to take morr responsibility to use these opportunities. Now is as good a time to start as any.

Nah you can't start just because it's United. If it was a smaller team no one would care.

Rules are supposed to be equal

Bosws87

The chairman and the CEO of PSG (the same people that are meant to be buying us apparently) is literally on the UEFA board, theres no chance.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

To be fair, I strongly question the integrity of the sport if two clubs have the same owners.

And let's not pretend the two Qatar bodies are independent, we all know that's nonsense.

Abizzz

I hope it's blocked and both red bull clubs are forever banned from Uefa comps too. (Or at least until one, Leipzig, ceases to exist).

Herman Toothrot

Just bloody calm yourselves. It's like reading Bluemoon. Needless hysterics won't do anything but rob you of your dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.