Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I need to stop getting dragged into this thread but this is so important.

is this you as a poster or you as a staff member saying this?

Is the position of the site team that we can’t call a regime murderous, we have to say that the country instead just has laws where hundreds if not thousands of innocent people have died due to lacking health and safety policies?
I am a poster first and foremost. The site does not have any rules regards name-calling a country unless it's derogatory or has racist connotations.

Just start with one example: Boris and his health secretary made mistakes which resulted in more fatalities during Covid than we would have hoped. Should we call out the UK as a nation of murderers? Obviously, mistakes were made during the construction process. Let's hope the Qatari government has learnt from the process and put checks in to rectify the issues for future projects.

We as a nation (UK) are heavily invested with Qatar already.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
@Wumminator

I have a feeling you'll still be cheering the club if the Qataris take over. You ca

I am a poster first and foremost. The site does not have any rules regards name-calling a country unless it's derogatory or has racist connotations.

Just start with one example: Boris and his health secretary made mistakes which resulted in more fatalities during Covid than we would have hoped. Should we call out the UK as a nation of murderers? Obviously, mistakes were made during the construction process. Let's hope the Qatari government has learnt from the process and put checks in to rectify the issues for future projects. To go on about the past issues and not wanting them to be anywhere near the club is a weak argument.

Yes. Boris Johnson is a prick who has policies that have resulted in deaths. He’s a horrible person and we’ve had people insulting him for years.

Edit: the mistakes are not in the past. They’re being made now. The Qatari government made mistakes (I’d call it murder) and that still goes on. Just the other day it was revealed they aren’t following up investigations about dead migrants that they promised to during the World Cup. There was an article published in 2023 about migrants working in slave like conditions and not being paid as the World Cup Final was on.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’m not talking about participating in wars. I’m talking about hundreds of homeless deaths each year in the UK due to lack of proper care by the government. Is that considered murders by the government for you?
I was too young during Labour’s last victory tk know much about it - but like I’ve said - yes. The lack of help from the English regime at the moment is certainly enough to call them murderous.

I don’t think Starmer will do much better. Where the hell has this come from? :lol:

Member 125398

Just start with one example: Boris and his health secretary made mistakes which resulted in more fatalities during Covid than we would have hoped. Should we call out the UK as a nation of murderers? Obviously, mistakes were made during the construction process. Let's hope the Qatari government has learnt from the process and put checks in to rectify the issues for future projects. To go on about the past issues and not wanting them to be anywhere near the club is a weak argument.

Blimey, that's putting it mildly.

crossy1686

career ending
This is true. Qatar is the most heavily UK invested foreign country with over £35b currently in the economy. Banks, housing, building work, oil etc.

The UK economy cannot survive or grow without this outside investment so people really should be aware that this is all a bit after the Lord Mayor's show to take issue with it now. Voice your disapproval if you will, that's fine, but preaching or claiming moral outrage comes across as hypocritical and lacking understanding of economics in general.

Sultan

Yes. Boris Johnson is a prick who has policies that have resulted in deaths. He’s a horrible person and we’ve had people insulting him for years.
Would you say the UK is a murderous nation just as you have called Qatar?

crossy1686

career ending

Edit: the mistakes are not in the past. They’re being made now. The Qatari government made mistakes (I’d call it murder) and that still goes on. Just the other day it was revealed they aren’t following up investigations about dead migrants that they promised to during the World Cup. There was an article published in 2023 about migrants working in slave like conditions and not being paid as the World Cup Final was on.
Murder is taking people out back and shooting them. Having incredibly poor policies regarding health and safety is not murder.

Heinzesight

I was always thought when the Florida Goblins (decent name for their next NFL franchise) fecked off, there’d be some party like scenes at Old Trafford…but with the split amongst the fanbase on the next owners it’s going to be them sailing into the sunset with their billion each with no decent send off for the cnuts.

Marwood

Thread title needs a disclaimer or something. To keep it on track.

"The UK or US government aren't bidding to buy United. So any discussion of them is irrelevant in this context."

crossy1686

career ending
I was always thought when the Florida Goblins (decent name for their next NFL franchise) fecked off, there’d be some party like scenes at Old Trafford…but with the split amongst the fanbase on the next owners it’s going to be them sailing into the sunset with their billion each with no decent send off for the cnuts.
This was always going to happen with United due to the size of the fan base, I think mostly though it will be a time of celebration as long as the Glazers go and the debt goes also.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Murder is taking people out back and shooting them. Having incredibly poor policies regarding health and safety is not murder.

Yeah, chopping up journalists, stripping people of human rights and murdering people who speak out against being abused is all just bad press, never happened if none of us were there to see it...

Feck me, this might be the most casual normalisation of mass murder I've ever seen, justified by the promise of winning some silverware. I can't think of anything more disgraceful.
Okay, so you don't care about being associated with a murdering, oppressive regime. That says a hell of a lot about you more than anything else if you'd rather be associated with that to win a few football games. But lets forget about that for a moment, you'd also rather them turn us into something similar to PSG? And that rests well with you? fecking hell, just support City
You called it murder when we were linked with Middle Eastern ownership in 2022

Spoony

The People's President
Interesting debate. Well, not an interesting debate. The Qataris are modern day pharaohs but if the US or UK government were taking over a club would they be described as murderous Western states? Qataris are awful, they exploit poverty. Not as bad as turn of the last century Angel Meadows but they try their best. Let's be honest most folk just see the money. They see Mbappe. They see gourmet shawarma vans outside of Old Trafford. They see Mbappe. Again. Frankly, I'd distribute wealth which would probably have us living back in the jungles, forests and places where you could fish. But so what? At least this way no one would happily be exploited because it was their only way out. It'd be like blowing the whole place up. But I'd happy with that. Genuinely. This may piss of the Tories but feck'em. I'm also craving for another spicy chicken burger.

Abdullah7

I should be happy that our owners don’t banish women from the stadium?

When I was young I remember that women couldn't get into the stadium. It was mostly influenced by the culture rather than the religion. However, Saudi led by MBS did the opposite and encouraged these women to come to any stadium and cheer on their team. Now we have a women league where they can represent them selves as players and we're looking forward to improve on that. It's the same at Qatar as in any Arabian Gulf country. We value our women.

Stop judging us based on stereotypes you were led to believe in from the past.

Heinzesight

This was always going to happen with United due to the size of the fan base, I think mostly though it will be a time of celebration as long as the Glazers go and the debt goes also.
I hope so mate. Let’s hope some sort of celebration is organised and we can be there to revel in the bastards finally going.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
And I was wrong to do that, it's not murder. But that's what happens when you post with emotions instead of using facts.
so you were wrong to make numerous posts calling oppressive regimes murderers and saying how you couldn’t stand them until they wanted to buy your football club and now we need to make sure we look at the positives?

buckooo1978

and providing no information on how someone died so as to not pay any compensation to grieving families is digusting and morally reprehensible

A lot about the Qatari bid is focused on morality issues

Im concerned about football matters on top of this. United are a club with a rich tradition of youth and bringing few players

I know transfer muppets are licking their lips at the prospect of deep pockets but I find the idea of a football structure where Ten Hag gets players of the nature/character of Neymar foisted on him worrying

Will it be satisfying if we buy the league?

What if some Qatari relative is installed as a Director Of Football or in a position where they are playing football manager.

Really has the potential to destroy the work Ten Hag is doing

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Oil clubs own other club: “this is the most disgraceful thing imaginable . I can’t believe you are trying to justify mass murder”

oil club bids on us:

“murder is taking people out back and shooting them. I’m trying to be positive”

Same poster: I was wrong before and speaking emotionally.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Oil clubs own other club: “this is the most disgraceful thing imaginable . I can’t believe you are trying to justify mass murder”

oil club bids on us:

“murder is taking people out back and shooting them. I’m trying to be positive”

Same poster: I was wrong before and speaking emotionally.
But sports washing doesn't even work?!

Member 125398

For sure, I'm not trying to frame anything as a positive here but we should probably be accurate in how we describe things instead of throwing words around and making accusations.
Agreed. I think it's fair to say that the moral issues are so complex that there really isn't a solution within easy reach. It is very likely that we are all powerless to do anything about who owns the club, the fanbase is so divided that there is no prospect of effective protest. It seems sensible to me to be focussing on what we'd do if Qatar buy the club and that should involve actively campaigning to keep the human rights abuses in the public conciousness.

On the football side of things, it's very concerning that there are already accusations of creative accounting in order to conceal the source of funding for the Qatar bid. It's gone quiet on the City front at the moment, but the charges against them are quite serious and a stain on the history of football. I would hate for United to be involved in anything like that. It would be even worse than City as we're much more relevant.

Sultan

What?

We don’t have to be owned by a regime at all. We could literally not be owned by an evil regime. That is the point.
That horse bolted a long while back. If you don't want a nation to own the club then speak to your MP or write to the FA/Premiership and change ownership rules. Football needs the investment to keep the Premiership at the very top and have the best in class playing for our clubs. I would think very few people have your moral compass where business and money are concerned (That is if you're genuine in your stand).

Go on tell those working families earning a living and financially benefitting from Qatari investments to leave their work due to them being evil. You'll be well received.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
and providing no information on how someone died so as to not pay any compensation to grieving families is digusting and morally reprehensible

A lot about the Qatari bid is focused on morality issues

Im concerned about football matters on top of this. United are a club with a rich tradition of youth and bringing few players

I know transfer muppets are licking their lips at the prospect of deep pockets but I find the idea of a football structure where Ten Hag gets players of the nature/character of Neymar foisted on him worrying

Will it be satisfying if we buy the league?

What if some Qatari relative is installed as a Director Of Football or in a position where they are playing football manager.

Really has the potential to destroy the work Ten Hag is doing
campos is psg DOF. He is far more respected and a far more meritocratic appointee then Moyes mate

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There isn't that much of a split - while there are doubts about both bids, the vast majority of matchgoers will take either option over the Glazers

There is a loud minority getting overly upset about the thought of being bought by an Arab, most of their reasons for being upset are based on assumptions that might not even be true anyway so it's all a bit daft IMO

crossy1686

career ending
so you were wrong to make numerous posts calling oppressive regimes murderers and saying how you couldn’t stand them until they wanted to buy your football club and now we need to make sure we look at the positives?
My previous posts about "murderous regimes" were ill informed and ignorant, much like yours are also. Since all this takeover talk began and we've been linked to many Middle Eastern state's I've taken it upon myself to learn more about the culture and what they actually believe instead of listening to whatever xenophobic medium was desperate to have me believe. Despite what people may think, the Qatar WC was a success and personally I think it was good for the Western world to see a major sporting event in the Middle East.

I'm not for one second advocating for state ownership, I would prefer not but if it happens, it happens, I have no say in the matter. I would rather not have an instant hatred for our potential new owners should they become our new owners so I'm trying to see the positives in every potential new owner.

There's varying levels of hypocrisy in your posts, which various people have pulled you up on but you skim over the facts like it's not relevant or you digress by pulling up other people's posts and asking them to explain themselves so you don't have to. You, like everyone else, fund Middle Eastern ventures on a daily basis, you're entitled to voice your opinion against a state owning United but you surely must be aware that all of us, including you, have allowed this to happen.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Right. That’ll be me done. A poster who last year was calling Middle Eastern ownership the most disgusting thing imaginable and saying they were murderous now claiming that I’m a hypocrite after he’s completely changed his stance once it benefits his team.

Have a great time everyone. I actually am off in an hour for a week or so.Some of the justifications in this thread will tickle me for the next few days.

my FAVOURITE argument of all is “your day to day life has to have some Qatar investment so you’re a hypocrite” as if I can just … not live?

edit: @Sultan I’ve said yes so many times now.

Sultan

Yes. I’ve just answered this. I think the Tories also have blood on their hands.
That is not a straight answer. Is the UK a murdering nation like you have accused Qatar of being murderers for being negligent and mistreating migrant workers?

No political posturing.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Right. That’ll be me done. A poster who last year was calling Middle Eastern ownership the most disgusting thing imaginable and saying they were murderous now claiming that I’m a hypocrite after he’s completely changed his stance once it benefits his team.

Have a great time everyone. I actually am off in an hour for a week or so.Some of the justifications in this thread will tickle me for the next few days.

my FAVOURITE argument of all is “your day to day life has to have some Qatar investment so you’re a hypocrite” as if I can just … not live?
Wummy in a nutshell. Runs away when he doesn't want to answer difficult questions. He'll be back tonight though to remind everyone he's the highest ranking fan on here based on his system for highest ranking fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.