Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

Should we all be thanking Piers Morgan and Ronaldo for pushing the Glazers over the edge?
Don't think so.
Glazers' hijacking Liverpool's deal and always wanted record fee, 6Bil is over the club's worth. World is heading into recession & no one going to pay that amount next years. The time is now.
It's just coincidence but Ronaldo's fans will tell you the otherwise.

ShinjiNinja26

Think it's pretty lazy journalism but its meant to be that.

Look at how many people on twitter actually think Apple would be interested.

This is coming from the daily star, we should all wait until reputable sources actually tell us who is interested.

At the moment, it seems like there is only 2/3 interested parties.
Aye there will be loads of these sort of rumours popping up over the next few weeks, once the dust settles we’ll be able to get an idea of which rumours are serious and what’s a load of bullocks.

croadyman

Aye there will be loads of these sort of rumours popping up over the next few weeks, once the dust settles we’ll be able to get an idea of which rumours are serious and what’s a load of bullocks.
Yeah like the Apple & Zara stories today

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Considering how City & PSG have increased their revenues (even with a tonne of bullshitting of course), it’s clear to me United or Real Madrid have massive untapped potential, especially in terms of content.
Yeah I get we have insane potential but it seems a bit outside Apple’s area in terms of investments - unless they’re looking to get into streaming the football. Imagine offering exclusivity for United games on Apple devices…

Dazzmondo

Pretty clear there's a lot of interest in purchasing Utd anyway. Don't think Glazers will have any problem selling. Just hope we choose someone who will help the club. I don't buy this idea that someone can just buy the club and it will "manage itself". Need someone who is prepared to invest and who can hire and trust in the best people.

BarstoolProphet

Wasn't his interest documented for quite a time? Is he a fan or something? Wouldn't mind him. He's filthy rich.
Don't know if he got a soft spot for United but he is a well-known Deportivo fan. Not that that has helped them regaining their former glory.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Zara doesn't even have a customer lift in the Leeds store...and I'm meant to trust this man to oversee and fund the renovation of OT!? :lol:
A map of Manchester will be provided to prospective owners and they must locate OT

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
5 times the personal wealth supposedly
Wow that's great. I think it's a decent compromise between those who want insanely rich owners who can pump money in the club and those who Don't want sportswashing. The guy is probably morally cleaner then sir Jim ratcliffe whose company pollute the UK while he lives comfortably in tax free monaco

Sviken

I’m struggling to see why an Apple or a Facebook would be interested - purely for advertising?
Companies spend an insane amount on advertising. What better way to advertise than having your logo on one of the most popular sports teams in existence? After the initial sum it's basically free exposure and generally speaking it's peanuts compared to what these companies make. The problem is whether they see the market as interesting since tech companies are usually picky on where they advertise their products.

Yeah I get we have insane potential but it seems a bit outside Apple’s area in terms of investments - unless they’re looking to get into streaming the football. Imagine offering exclusivity for United games on Apple devices…
I think any interest from Amazon or Apple will without doubt depend on what they believe possible with streaming & content. The market for United there is absolutely enormous and would grow apple tv+ or primetv massively.

For context during the 2018/19 season, our games generated a cumulative audience reach of over 3.5 billion viewers, according to the Futures Data, across 200 territories. On a per game basis, our 53 games attracted an average cumulative audience reach of 68 million.

Rolaholic

Individual wealth rather than State funding would always be preferable for me

Status
Not open for further replies.