Gaming God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You can't push games to people who can't buy consoles. Until they fix the supply problem, I'm not even going to get my hopes up for anything.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Two is plenty for the setting. GoW was a big game with lots of lore in it. GoW will presumably be bigger with more lore and probably the big villains of Thor and maybe Odin. No need to overstay their welcome with a third game

But the last game basically said Kratos is gonna die according to that mural so it'll likely be Atreus/Loki in any future games.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That makes sense. By 2022 they may be a bit more widely available.
I hope so. The chip shortage is so dire that its throttling the manufacture of new cars and now used car prices are surging, which is a red flag in US economy. If it came to choosing between that and new PS5s, the governments probably divert all hardware there. I'm not optimistic of getting my hands on one until 2023 latest.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Two is plenty for the setting. GoW was a big game with lots of lore in it. GoW will presumably be bigger with more lore and probably the big villains of Thor and maybe Odin. No need to overstay their welcome with a third game

But the last game basically said Kratos is gonna die according to that mural so it'll likely be Atreus/Loki in any future games.
They won’t kill Kratos off permanently.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Apparently this is the finale in the Norse Saga. That's a shame. Would've loved a trilogy. Maybe because Cory Balrog isn't working on it and he's doing some sci Fi game he's always wanted to do. Can't wait for next year. Next gen really starts in 2022.
With it being the finale of the current series, and even though I’m not always a fan of all the remakes we get these days, imagine remaking GOW, GOW2 and GOW3 using the current engine. They were amazing games even back then and I only recently played GOW3 and it is still brilliant.

Remakes of those would be epic, possibly even beyond the current games

AaronRedDevil

With it being the finale of the current series, and even though I’m not always a fan of all the remakes we get these days, imagine remaking GOW, GOW2 and GOW3 using the current engine. They were amazing games even back then and I only recently played GOW3 and it is still brilliant.

Yeah I reckon they'd look great now. At best they'll probably get the Mass EffectHD treatment rather then a whole remake. After this one I'm guessing they are going with the Egyptian gods for the next series which will be brilliant with all the fecked up gods they have.

RedDevilRoshi

I hope it is earlier but judging how PlayStation have done it in the past, I think it’s going to be out in 2023. If it was next year, I think we would definitely have seen a specific release date or even a release window for it last night at the showcase.

Looking at the last GOW, they did the first cinematic trailer at E3 2016 and then released the game two years later in 2018. Did the same with their other big titles. Horizon ZD (first trailer at E3 in 2015 & game released in 2017). Spider-Man (same time period of trailer (2016) & year of release as GOW(2018)). Seems to be two years between the gameplay trailer and the actual release date which is why I think we will get our hands on this game in 2023.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I know, really hope not though. I wonder if Odin will carry over into another setting if he doesn't play a huge role in this one. They built him up too fricking well in Mimir's tales for him not to.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I hope it is earlier but judging how PlayStation have done it in the past, I think it’s going to be out in 2023. If it was next year, I think we would definitely have seen a specific release date or even a release window for it last night at the showcase.

Looking at the last GOW, they did the first cinematic trailer at E3 2016 and then released the game two years later in 2018. Did the same with their other big titles. Horizon ZD (first trailer at E3 in 2015 & game released in 2017). Spider-Man (same time period of trailer (2016) & year of release as GOW(2018)). Seems to be two years between the gameplay trailer and the actual release date which is why I think we will get our hands on this game in 2023.
So much of the work on the game will have been done with part one as opposed to the titles you mentioned. I reckon it could/will come out next year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

They're such underrated games. Yes the narrative wasn't all that great but it wasn't really the point - as video games they were fantastic and each of them was super highly rated and pushed the medium in terms of the scale of action games, from what I can remember.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
They're such underrated games. Yes the narrative wasn't all that great but it wasn't really the point - as video games they were fantastic and each of them was super highly rated and pushed the medium in terms of the scale of action games, from what I can remember.
The narrative was ok for the time, storytelling has really come on in the last 15 years. The sense of scale was incredible and above all, they were fun games. Imagine some of them boss battles with the new engine.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can’t wait till Kratos gets to beat up the Buddha, that’s the game I’m waiting for

RedDevilRoshi

So much of the work on the game will have been done with part one as opposed to the titles you mentioned. I reckon it could/will come out next year.
I hope it is next year but as I said, if it was going to be next year, surely they would have dropped a date or even at least a release period on when to expect it at the showcase? Particularly if you are correct if there has been a lot of the work done on the game and it is scheduled for release next year.

I’m just predicting 2023 judging on past experience with the previous exclusive big title games when we seen the proper first cinematic/gameplay trailer and then the game gets released two years later.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh yeah can't wait. The first was insanely good.

Bosws87

Awesome that’s at least one solid game to look forward to this year.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic, cannot wait!!

RedDevilRoshi

Not sure if it'll get a stand alone one - might just be the opening part of the Showcase in Septemberish time.
I’d be very surprised with that if they didn’t as this is literally their biggest exclusive for later this year. The likes of TLOU2, H:FW, GT7 all got one and it would be unusual if they didn’t do it for GOW: Ragnarock as they know how huge the fanbase is for this and many people will want to see some in-depth hands on gameplay.