Gaming God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

That review dude who gave it a 6/10 :lol: clearly just wanting to promote his own indie games. Do anything for a bit of attention.

Someone tell me there's a way I can play this digitlly this evening? I cant wait any longer.

I’m working from home tomorrow but I’ve got like 3 meetings and then I’m volunteering in the afternoon :(

That review dude who gave it a 6/10 :lol: clearly just wanting to promote his own indie games. Do anything for a bit of attention.

Yeah, because everyone has to like and enjoy everything the same like everyone else? Like one big hive mind!

Also about XQC and tons of other people playing this so early, I fecking hate that about modern gaming. Tons of people get games early and by the time regular people start to play, there is already tons of walkthroughs, hints, solutions etc about the game online. I miss when everyone got the game same time and had to figure things on their own.

Yeah, because everyone has to like and enjoy everything the same like everyone else? Like one big hive mind!

Also about XQC and tons of other people playing this so early, I fecking hate that about modern gaming. Tons of people get games early and by the time regular people start to play, there is already tons of walkthroughs, hints, solutions etc about the game online. I miss when everyone got the game same time and had to figure things on their own.
I seriously don't get why anyone would want to watch a streamer play a brand new game immediately after (or worse, before) its release. Just... why? Why on earth would you deny yourself that first-time experience? Unless you have zero interest in the game, but then why would you watch a streamer play that specific game? It's one of the mysteries of modern gaming.

I seriously don't get why anyone would want to watch a streamer play a brand new game immediately after (or worse, before) its release. Just... why? Why on earth would you deny yourself that first-time experience? Unless you have zero interest in the game, but then why would you watch a streamer play that specific game? It's one of the mysteries of modern gaming.

I have nephews that spend nearly all of their time just watching other people play games online. I just don’t understand. What happened to the days where you would fight your brother over who gets to play the game?

If you don't have a PS or can't afford the game it makes sense. Otherwise I don't understand it either.

For example - I'm watching outube videos of the last of us 1 because its a story driven game (almost a long movie for me) and I wasn't sur I wanted to shell out cash for it. Watching confirmed it and after an hour or two I just turned it off (passive watching)

if you can’t afford it / don’t plan on buying it then watching along with others can be pretty fun.

I agree though if you’re gonna buy it don’t watch. I didn’t when I saw he got it early. Gonna try avoid everything until tomorrow

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time.
carl-chef-kiss.gif

Can't wait, I'll be playing this after work tomorrow!

A couple of weeks ago I realised I had way too much holiday left to be used until the end of this year so I booked every Wednesday off until Xmas. I just checked this thread and realised GOW is out tomorrow. I’m so happy, all preloaded and ready to go.

Getting a PS5 and this in the morning and I'm off work until Monday.

Time to wind the clock back to my teenage years and game until the wee hours for the the next 3 days.

A couple of weeks ago I realised I had way too much holiday left to be used until the end of this year so I booked every Wednesday off until Xmas. I just checked this thread and realised GOW is out tomorrow. I’m so happy, all preloaded and ready to go.

Same here. I had a ton of annual leave remaining that I needed to take before Christmas. So just booked it off from today for the next few weeks. Won’t be back to work till December now :D

One of the best things about a west coast time zone is that this comes out at 9pm for me tonight. Only challenge is how I'll manage to kill these next 6.5 hours.

I can't watch footage of any game I haven't already played (unless I've no interest/don't have the console etc). Even if I'm not buying the game on release, I might want to play it unspoiled a couple years down the road on sale. Ruins so much of the experience, especially with story-driven games.

The gamplay seems to be exactly the same which is a bit disappointing.

( i was probably being a bit foolish to hope they'll make significant changes to the core mechanics , no reason to change what's working in the first place i suppose)

Preparing myself with some GOW 2018. How does it still look so damn good :drool:

wANs7sh.jpg

Combat is still so satisfying. I’ll never get bored of throwing the axe.

If you don't have a PS or can't afford the game it makes sense. Otherwise I don't understand it either.

For example - I'm watching outube videos of the last of us 1 because its a story driven game (almost a long movie for me) and I wasn't sur I wanted to shell out cash for it. Watching confirmed it and after an hour or two I just turned it off (passive watching)
That first part still doesn't make sense to me. You might still own a PS5 or be able to afford the game at some point in the future, but you'll never get that unspoiled first-time experience back. Again, unless you're not interested in the game at all.

It’s epic

Played 90 mins and game has now properly started

My first meeting is in an hour and my commute is only 15 minutes. Get in bitchez.

What difficulty y'all playing? I went for give me no mercy. Seemed overkill to go with God of war :nervous: