Gaming God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just got started playing the game. Can tell already that the graphics on the ps5 font look much better than the first one on ps4. Still it looks good enough and looking forward to it.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It’s stunning looking but the first was already so stunning looking when I replayed it on ps5 that it hasn’t actually wowed me :lol:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Very early spoiler Flashbacks with the wife! Awesome, should be a nice addition.

Edit: oh shit it’s the woman from True Blood and Daredevil, cool!

Gehrman

It's looks just like the ps4 Pro version of the 1st one.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I played the opening ten minutes last night. The PS5 controller really does immerse you more in a game. I've meetings all morning but will be deep diving into the game after lunch today.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I kind of forgot the story of the first one and was wondering who the angry woman was. The recap told me feck all :lol:

KiD MoYeS

I kind of forgot the story of the first one and was wondering who the angry woman was. The recap told me feck all :lol:
Thankfully I did remember but yeah, the recap is useless. :lol:

For anyone due to play and needing to remember the story of the first game or didnt play the first game, I'd recommend watching a recap on YouTube. The game kicks off pretty immediately with continued storyline from the previous game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really enjoying it so far. It’s much the same so far but still so good. The world has only just opened up so will see how it is from here, exciting!

Gehrman

Despite my criticism of the graphic earlier. The improvements in the surroundings get much better a couple of hours in. In terms of gameplay it's very much the same so far which isn't surprising since its a sequel but had hoped a bit more so far. Still most of the game left so far

Irwin99

Booting it up via disc on my PS5...making a weirdly ominous buzzing sound, although maybe that's normal for disc games and i just haven't played one on the PS5 for long enough. Hope so :nervous:

Irwin99

2 hours in, enjoying it. The VA doing Atreus is pretty good and convincing (that teenage voice :lol:).

AaronRedDevil

It’s so fecking good.

2 hours in the fight with Thor is so epic!
Got so scared for Kratos when Thor and Odin showed up at his door. Especially after hearing all the stories. Even Thor wasn't trying. Hes probably going to be an absolute monster to fight later.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Had tears in my eyes 5 minutes in.

Had to put my old sickly dog to sleep last month. I wasn't prepared for that fresh wound to be opened.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
My brother in law works at PlayStation and he said he might be able to get me a free download code for this, but I’m tempted to just buy it now as I haven’t got stuck into a proper game for ages on the PS5 and this thread is getting my juices flowing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m 4 hours in before I had to stop. Reached the point just after freeing the Lyngbakr. The world looks absolutely stunning and everything is so responsive and fun to do. Loving it.

KiD MoYeS

Yeah, this is great.

The world just opened up and I'm doing the first side mission now.

Loved the direction they took with Odin and Thor. The scene in Kratos' cabin just before you fight Thor was so good.