Television Graham Norton Show

binary bot
There’s probably a lot of actors turn it down too, due to the less predictable and longer nature of it.

When you watch some people on Jonathan Ross or American chat shows, it’s like 3 versions of the same interview.

madzo2007

The big American stars are only on when they are in London to promote something and its a battle between Jonathan Ross & Graham Norton to get them on the show. Probably why we see alot of the same guests

Blind

The big American stars are only on when they are in London to promote something and its a battle between Jonathan Ross & Graham Norton to get them on the show. Probably why we see alot of the same guests
I don't think it's much of a battle, a typical Jonathan Ross line up includes John Bishop, David Walliams and at a push a Hollywood C lister.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Gonna guess the show two weeks from now will be Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah he is undoubtedly the star of the show, make no mistake but I would just love to see more new faces on there. I mean Jessica Chastain and Rebel Wilson are on again next week. Come on!

I'd love to see variety...like Sofia Boutella, Renee Zellwegger, Julia Roberts, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Benicio del Toro, Mark Strong, Dakota Fanning, TV celebs, etc, etc....there's loads to choose from.

The format's perfect, easily the best out there but just needs more variety.
Yeah, I can see your point but, personally, I can't say I'm too bothered as long as Graham and whoevers on the show gel well, which just makes for a comfy show to watch. Not that I'd complain if they had some new faces on, though!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Gonna guess the show two weeks from now will be Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
Absolutely correct: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Mark Hamill and music from Sam Smith.

Why not get in Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts, for example?? I doubt whether many would turn it down. Graham Norton is quite well known in the states.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Absolutely correct: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Mark Hamill and music from Sam Smith.

Why not get in Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts, for example?? I doubt whether many would turn it down. Graham Norton is quite well known in the states.
Owen Wilson has been on before and was quite boring.

kps88

You're right in that we're seeing the same faces over and over again. I'm sure they'd love to have someone like Julia Roberts over a Rebel Wilson but it's probably really hard to get someone like that.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I don’t mind them having the same faces on as long as they’re entertaining people.

Problem is people like James McEvoy and Tom Hiddleston who are on every year and just aren’t very interesting.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think it's much of a battle, a typical Jonathan Ross line up includes John Bishop, David Walliams and at a push a Hollywood C lister.
Yeah he hasn't had a big guest on since Ronaldo when he had the whole sofa and show to himself. This year his standard of guests dropped, he was supposed to have Conor McGregor on one night and he pulled out because he was 'sick' and was replaced with that unfunny, Canadian comedian Katherine Ryan British tv keep plugging on to us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this Noel Gallagher song for real? I can’t work out if he’s joking or not? Has he given up all hope of credibility and opted for novelty nonsense instead?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seemed like there were too many guests on, once the Jumanji lot came on the 3 women just got ignored apart from Rebel jumping in now and then trying to be funny.
I didn't see that ep but I do feel they have too many guests on sometimes. I'd be in favour of an extra half an hour or so because I feel that sometimes some guests don't really get to say much

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I didn't see that ep but I do feel they have too many guests on sometimes. I'd be in favour of an extra half an hour or so because I feel that sometimes some guests don't really get to say much
Yeah I don't know why they don't make it longer... It's one of their most popular shows, it's not like people won't watch it, and as its the BBC, they're hardly slaves to scheduling/advertisements.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah I don't know why they don't make it longer... It's one of their most popular shows, it's not like people won't watch it, and as its the BBC, they're hardly slaves to scheduling/advertisements.
Along with your points, I think most would prefer it to be longer as well.

Member 39557

Paloma Faith doing Vice Reeves' club singer for the first 30 seconds of her new song was unexpectedly entertaining.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I like him a lot but I miss the days he was more international, or at least European. These days he’s pretty much all US/UK.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Daniel Kuuluya is hilarious.

The others are a bit dull, but Margot Robbie and Alicia Vikander, I mean, y'know :drool:

diarm

Daniel Kuuluya is hilarious.

The others are a bit dull, but Margot Robbie and Alicia Vikander, I mean, y'know :drool:
I think I'm in love with that girl singing the Havana song.

He was brilliant. Seems like he'd be great craic to go for pints with, which isn't something you can say about a lot of celebrities.

Andersons Dietician

Surely that is a record for the most likes on a chat show. It got to the point where it was extremely annoying.

spwd

Must admit Daniel was hilarious, and Margot and Alicia were fun too.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It took me a while to clock why Daniel seemed a bit weird and so much more interesting than the rest of them, before I realised it was simply ‘cos he was the only one sitting on a sofa and chatting, as opposed to appearing on TV to promote a film.

It’s odd how being a normal likeable person seems so incongruous on the telly.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Great episode tonight.

Ryan Reynolds is a funny bloke
It was a bit awkward with the girl though. She obviously wanted to tell a bit of a risqué story to show she’s got a bit of edge or whatever but she basically just said her Dad insisted he have a look at her boyfriend’s cock to see if his itching was an STI. Their reactions were a bit like “I kinda want to laugh at that but we all know it’s actually quite weird and now it’s a bit awkward”.

She then struggled for a couple of minutes trying to get the next story out, realising it was either going to go somewhere weird again or absolutely nowhere and she made a meal trying to wrap it up with nobody helping her.

Other than that it was a good show, really nice to see Beckham in a more relaxed role. He stuffened up a bit when making sure his charity words came out right but other than that he was great.

kps88

Really? 'Took a photo of my penis lol!'. Proper juvenile.
Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool in general have a weirdly dated sense of humour. I still enjoyed it when it came out because it was something we haven't seen before and it was parodying a genre that was so popular. But if you look at the actual jokes, most of them are so lame and obvious. It's the Big Bang Theory of R-rated superhero parodies.

*braces for impact*

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Next week should be good with Emilia Clarke. :drool: Loved her eyebrow dance off when she was on before.