Television Graham Norton Show

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I actually put it on as I thought Gal was going to be on the show, said so in the TV guide. Maybe she pulled out late notice?
Didn't know that.

Most of the time the decision of who to send to a show is made by the filmmakers too. They would want the big star to appear on one of England's biggest chat shows I guess. The repetition of guests is very common. Fallon recycles the same stars every year or so
Well Boutella is the central character of the movie so it wouldn't hurt and no doubt Cruise will be back to talk about American Made later in the year.

prath92

Didn't know that.

Well Boutella is the central character of the movie so it wouldn't hurt and no doubt Cruise will be back to talk about American Made later in the year.
Makers of The Mummy aren't going to care about whether people are bored of Cruise on the show. Boutella may have an important role but Tom Cruise is a bigger star and him doing promotions would help the movie more

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Makers of The Mummy aren't going to care about whether people are bored of Cruise on the show. Boutella may have an important role but Tom Cruise is a bigger star and him doing promotions would help the movie more
Well she's done promos with him before for the movie so that can't be the sole reason. I'm guessing she was probably just not available at the time. Hopefully he'll get her on when Atomic Blonde comes out with Charlize Theron. Boutella's stock is rising gradually.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Good show this week. Apart from Joshua, didn't really get much out of the others though it seemed. Rachel Weisz just gets more stunning. That Daniel Craig is one lucky barstool.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Funny episode so far, Joseph Gordon Levitt is completely different to how I imagined him (in a good way)
Yeah, has always appeared quite likable off screen. Many probably don't remember him as a funny kid on 3rd Rock from the Sun but he was brilliant in it

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The only chat show I can actually watch. It's miles above everything else, here and abroad. And you can tell by how the Hollywood A listers react to it.
I've been a longtime fan and agreed, miles better than anything out there

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I always enjoy Norton taking the piss out of his audience. He does it at every opportunity... and it's great.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Good last episode yesterday. Foxx was very funny. Thought he was gonna dish on his thing with Tom Cruise's ex but they never went there. I go back to my main gripe with his show about recycling the same old guests again and again. Does Norton only have people on there who have just released a movie?? There are so many other interesting characters that would work really well on his show. Shame really.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
In a few weeks time, Hillary Clinton will be sharing the sofa with Jeff Goldblum, Gerard Butler and Jack Whitehall.
A year ago, you'd have thought it'd be Trump on the sofa & Clinton in the White House :(

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
In a few weeks time, Hillary Clinton will be sharing the sofa with Jeff Goldblum, Gerard Butler and Jack Whitehall.
Oh my god you can already feel the smug Hollywoodness that will eminate from that. I bet Gerard is already rehearsing for an authentic speech that will reach new levels of cringe that the audience will lap up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve only just come to really appreciate Liam Gallagher in the last year or so. He’s hilarious. He wasn’t really on form tonight but he’s genuinely hilarious.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just caught up on it. Liam's kinda always been like that tbf, but he may plausibly have some undiagnosed minor condition. Even accounting for the high probability he'd had a few drinks and a couple lines beforehand, the fidgeting was weird. It was almost Bubbles-esque. I think he probably has ADHD.

The terrible musical performance was mostly down to him just being a bit shit though.

Harrison Ford the week before on the other hand, was definitely high as feck.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Liam definitely has something loose in his head but all the drugs over the years probably exacerbate it all.

zing

Zingle balls
Harrison Ford comes across as smug and insufferable in interviews I've seen.. thinks he's funnier than he is

Blind

Morrissey and Adam Sandler better be sharing the sofa next week.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Nearly wanted to get sick during that hildog interview, she is such a gobshite. Not sure she could have sold her book anymore than she tried to.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Said it before but is there a better host out there than Norton? He's head and shoulders above anyone I can think of on both sides of the Atlantic.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said it before but is there a better host out there than Norton? He's head and shoulders above anyone I can think of on both sides of the Atlantic.
He's the best! Plus he gets extra points for his Father Ted cameos.

He's also one of the reasons I try and catch Eurovision.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Colbert is probably the best of the American bunch but he doesn’t come close to Norton.

What I like about Colbert and Norton is they’re both capable of conducting comedic interviews and serious interviews too (see Norton’s interviews with Hillary Clinton and Charlie Sheen). I think Norton has the edge because he’s capable of constantly switching the tone if he needs to and it’s all so seamless.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That Morrissey song was dogshit. The lyrics are meaningful, but it's at the expense of it sounding like music. Like something you'd get in a pub.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Same old faces on next week. Still wish he'd mix it up a little more with some new faces. Still a great show though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Same old faces on next week. Still wish he'd mix it up a little more with some new faces. Still a great show though.
I don't know about anyone else but I mainly watch for Graham himself and the guests gelling together instead of the individual stars. I do get your point, though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't know about anyone else but I mainly watch for Graham himself and the guests gelling together instead of the individual stars. I do get your point, though.
Yeah he is undoubtedly the star of the show, make no mistake but I would just love to see more new faces on there. I mean Jessica Chastain and Rebel Wilson are on again next week. Come on!

I'd love to see variety...like Sofia Boutella, Renee Zellwegger, Julia Roberts, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Benicio del Toro, Mark Strong, Dakota Fanning, TV celebs, etc, etc....there's loads to choose from.

The format's perfect, easily the best out there but just needs more variety.

roseguy64

That's probably something to do with relationships with movie studios and other behind the scenes stuff.