Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Leg-End

I updated to Spec II yesterday and got my for some reason orange X1, then noticed that Leg-End had already sent me one in Red-Bull livery, then didn't notice the date. Thanks, Leg-End, when did you send that?
That was a long time ago, I've only just started playing it again.

DFreshKing

Can't wait for my stand to come so I can take the wheel into the living and get stuck into this.

Severely tempted to move the ps3 into games room for a couple of weeks.

Is there a demo on playstation network?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
There seems to be a lot of renewed interest in this game again now, we should take advantage of that and get some races goes online between us all.

DFreshKing

Do so believe that some stores here are still selling copies of Prologue for €30 :lol:
Ive got prologue but never got GT5 because I think it deserves a wheel and I didn't have one until now.

GT2 is still one of my all time favourites and with spec 2 update i think it might be a good time to get GT5.

Will be a few weeks until i get the stand though.

WeasteDevil

Ive got prologue but never got GT5 because I think it deserves a wheel and I didn't have one until now.

GT2 is still one of my all time favourites and with spec 2 update i think it might be a good time to get GT5.

Will be a few weeks until i get the stand though.
You should be able to find it on the cheap now, I think it's already in that Platinum Edition mode.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Good thing about with the NEW DLC is that only a friend has to own Spa to use it online. Say for example Weaste buys it and I don't, he can run as a server and we can all drive on it. However you can't use it in GT mode or Arcade mode.

I'm up for an F1 or if people really want, a prototype race at Spa in the future.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Just took a spin around Spa on some japanese blokes host, pretty bloody good. I won't be able to buy the pack until later in the week but its pretty bloody close to iracing's lazer scanned version. You can certainly feel the car crest after Eau Rouge so they got that down nicely.

Leg-End

I'll buy it later on today. Should I put the PS3 up as a private online server with Spa and either the F2007 or F2010? Any of you on my friends list can then just jump in and out whenever you want.
Great, F2010 would be cool. I feel like using something a bit more up to date this time and I have hardly ran the F2010.

WeasteDevil

Weird bug with me with Spec II, it freezes on boot if I'm already online. If I'm offline, ignore its prompts to logon, get to the game and then log-on it's fine. Tried several times and it always does the same thing, but only if I'm signed into PSN.

WeasteDevil

Normally freezes when you see the Earth on the startup movie, but then still lets you press X to skip it. Then it either gets stuck on a black screen or with the GT logo. Go to XMB to quit and the whole console freezes and needs to be physically turned off from the power.

If not online however it all works smoothly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Cheers for the car leg-end

That chrome looks awesome, I've not got it in my paint pack though - did you win it or something?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Agreed, the lighting is fantastic.

Those comparison shots you posted in the Forza thread of the Zonda show it well, the Forza lighting is bizarre, on an all carbon fibre car it looks like it's wet metallic paint.