Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Also some of the missions are as frustrating as licenses as they intentionally put cars in annoying positions.

I just spent the better part of an hour chasing down 4 A45AMG’s on the Nurburgring in an SLR McLaren (which is also a frigging boat of a car)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It seems like the hardest part of being an artist is constantly reinventing yourself without losing what made you good in the first place.

It takes a great deal of skill to do that yet I find myself at 30, feeling the same way I did at 12-14 about this game. For all the shit he ate for GT5 (which was just a massive let down considering the hype), Yamauchi hasn't stopped working on his original idea and now he's at the point where he's potentially dropped his best game. 25 years doing virtually the same shit and your most recent iteration is arguably your best is pretty fecking impressive.

I think GT Cafe is utterly brilliant. Its nothing super unique or game changing but its approach to this style of game just gives a much more gratifying take on car collecting. Similarly, its a tribute to Japanese RPG like games (I get big Yakuza vibes from it) but it certainly adds depth and quality over all. I also reckon it has been setup for expansion much like missions.
Exactly this. It’s not perfect but is such an astonishingly well crafted game that plays so well, it is an incredible achievement. I agree, it’s the purest and best realised GT by a good way.

edit: I’m really looking forward to going racing online too.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For those that have tried VR.... Can you imagine this shit on PSVR2!? With those specs? fecking hell! PCVR people giving side eye right now.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
So finally made it to the final hurrah … up to S-9 inclusive with golds.

Opened up S-10, what kinda sick MFer decided this :lol:

No thank you. Think that’s for another day.

Went in for a quick Sunday cup race … going from those cars in the license challenges to my Honda Fit was interesting :lol:

Last edited:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Really loving this so far, this is gonna be a great interlude for when I need a break from long stints on Horizon and then Elden Ring after that. The menu mission where you tune up the old Mini to race against the modern cars was great it was like a little dodgem in the replay :D

Also for anyone looking for a good GT streamer I wanna give a shout-out to Z28Gaming been enjoying some of his GT Sport streams in the lead up to this..

Volumiza

I'm currently looking at steering wheels for the ps5 / gt7. Can't really work out which is best to go for at this point but it's narrowed down to:

1. Logitech G923 - this is a buy today and playing by the weekend option
2. Thrustmaster T-GT2 - This is a wait until payday purchase
3. Fanatec DD - THis is also a payday purchase.

What wheels are any of you guys using? Any real recommendations? Is the extra money for the T-GT2 and Fanatec units worth it? I'm interested in the Real Force in the Logitech, GT7 has this feature included.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Did the IA-5 license challenge last night with Gold. Le Mans 24 hours track, super speeds and virtually no braking. Took me agggees.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm currently looking at steering wheels for the ps5 / gt7. Can't really work out which is best to go for at this point but it's narrowed down to:

What wheels are any of you guys using? Any real recommendations? Is the extra money for the T-GT2 and Fanatec units worth it? I'm interested in the Real Force in the Logitech, GT7 has this feature included.
Just to piggyback off this post; what stand/chair solutions are you guys with wheels using?

I like the idea of a wheel and pedals, but don’t really have a suitable space for a permanent setup which on the face of it seems like a deal breaker.

Are there decent foldaway solutions available?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Buy 3.

If you're going to get into sim racing, you'll be upgrading to this within 12 months anyway. Bite the bullet and just do it.

Also, the Fanatec is the only direct drive of the 3. Very important as the level of feedback is miles better.

Volumiza

Buy 3.

If you're going to get into sim racing, you'll be upgrading to this within 12 months anyway. Bite the bullet and just do it.

Also, the Fanatec is the only direct drive of the 3. Very important as the level of feedback is miles better.
As an impatient fool I dreaded this answer :lol:

Expensive though. Never paid nearly a grand for a videogame before.

Volumiza

It’s all relative I guess but £330 is still a pretty big chunk of change, especially with the basic wheel being another £240 :lol:
Dude, I've always wanted a set up for GT and have never been allowed one. I'm newly single and am in the midst of a massive lump of 'liberation' spending right now to cheer myself up :lol:

Yeah, course it's a lot of money but I have so few real vices nowadays and GT7 really is the dogs nuts, I want to enjoy it in it's purest sense.

Leg-End

I would love to go back to a wheel setup, life just doesn't allow it anymore for me but if you can afford it then go for it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The licenses are funny. Sometimes I think I’ve put in a shit performance and end up getting gold first time with ease. Others I’ll be doing my best and failing miserably. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Dude, I've always wanted a set up for GT and have never been allowed one. I'm newly single and am in the midst of a massive lump of 'liberation' spending right now to cheer myself up :lol:

Yeah, course it's a lot of money but I have so few real vices nowadays and GT7 really is the dogs nuts, I want to enjoy it in it's purest sense.
:lol: fair play to you mate

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone actually managed to get any decent reward from the roulette tickets? :confused::(

afrocentricity

GTOmega stands is good if you already have a chair. It has a seat attachment too if you don't. I've had one for a few years now, solid and a decent price. Folds up small.

Volumiza

GTOmega stands is good if you already have a chair. It has a seat attachment too if you don't. I've had one for a few years now, solid and a decent price. Folds up small.
That one looks pretty sturdy! £339 with a chair. Can't see any photos of it folded up though, doesn't appear to have any obvious folding joints. How small?

afrocentricity

That one looks pretty sturdy! £339 with a chair. Can't see any photos of it folded up though, doesn't appear to have any obvious folding joints. How small?
I just have the stand and it folds up small like a deck chair. Dunno what it's like with the seat attachment.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Anyone actually managed to get any decent reward from the roulette tickets? :confused::(
Well, i got a nitros system worth 100,000 credits, but that was in my first few tickets. Is this a "OMG WHAT A DUB" pull do you think or "That's not too bad" :lol:. In fifa terms, have i just packed an icon in ultimate team or just a crappy inform?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Only one big pile of money. Most times, it just lands on the small pile.
Well, i got a nitros system worth 100,000 credits, but that was in my first few tickets. Is this a "OMG WHAT A DUB" pull do you think or "That's not too bad" :lol:. In fifa terms, have i just packed an icon in ultimate team or just a crappy inform?
First spin I managed to get a car, nothing to write home about.

On a separate note, A-10 gold is my nemesis at the moment.
Yep, also had one big reward and the rest of the time it’s been the lowest amount.

A-10 I think I lifted instead of braking at some corners which got me the gold.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Also, in terms of licences how are people doing them? Blasting through them all in one go? I’m only doing them along with the story / menu system which I think is helping me achieve the gold pretty quickly on them so far as doing lots of races is helping me get used to different cars and tracks. I’ve only done B and A but the only one I found particularly tricky was A-9.

pacifictheme

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. After you finish the cafe crap is there more events etc to unlock? I am at menu item 17 or 18 and they run out at 40 I believe. Does more stuff open up at that point?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Also some of the missions are as frustrating as licenses as they intentionally put cars in annoying positions.

I just spent the better part of an hour chasing down 4 A45AMG’s on the Nurburgring in an SLR McLaren (which is also a frigging boat of a car)

I'm on there right now. There's barely any space for overtakes managed to get second but thars last one is just too quick.

Volumiza

Also, in terms of licences how are people doing them? Blasting through them all in one go? I’m only doing them along with the story / menu system which I think is helping me achieve the gold pretty quickly on them so far as doing lots of races is helping me get used to different cars and tracks. I’ve only done B and A but the only one I found particularly tricky was A-9.
I always do the same and don’t start racing till all licenses are done. The pain before the pleasure.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I always do the same and don’t start racing till all licenses are done. The pain before the pleasure.
Yea same, but it does kinda suck to go from powerful cars on slick tyres and good suspension to then be racing an automatic Honda Jazz on comfort softs :lol:

Volumiza

Yea same, but it does kinda suck to go from powerful cars on slick tyres and good suspension to then be racing an automatic Honda Jazz on comfort softs :lol:
Yeah, adds a sprinkle of backtracking fun though.

My mum used to have one, the Honda Jizz as I used to call it.