Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Eirik Raude

Rockstar tend to release their big titles in May/June nowadays, possibly to avoid collision with other important releases that usually happen in October/November (see this year).
I know, but they are also releasing Max Payne 3 in March, which is a fairly big title as well. Might want to wait a couple more months with GTA then, so that both can sell maximum.

Eirik Raude

Red Dead/Stories from liberty city on ps3 proved that it didn't really matter. Both sold exceptionally well.
True that. I rest my case. Personally I would love for it to get a release date as early as possible, cos I'm really looking forward to this game, and I don't think I'm going to play Max Payne.

izzydiggler

Bit gutted it's San Andreas again. Sure it'll be a great game but think they should have done something different.

Steev

I don't really care where GTA5 is set. I just hope the missions aren't as fecking tedious as they were in GTA4.

Eriku

San Andreas, eh? Good stuffs... Never played the first game set there... that was during my videogame hiatus. Hope it's as rich and full of exploratory possibilities as the first one supposedly was.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't really know what I was expecting from a trailer but that wasn't all that enticing.

Still, I'm looking forward to the game, GTA games have always been the ones to steal hours of my life like no others.

Moultz

Theres still a good chance that its not solely in Los Santos. Remember the first SA Trailer? That showed only Los Santos too.

2nd trailer will bring more insight

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

This is Los Santos, feck man I could still tell you where everything is easily. I really want to play San Andreas again now.

It'll probably be a much larger version of LS.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They claim that it's the biggest game they have created yet, so assuming they are refering to a size of the world created it will have to be four times the size of original Los Santos as well. Liberty City in IV was much bigger than the one in III as well.

20solskjaer

Why is everyone still talking about where the game will be set in san andreas or just los santos? Its been confirmed by rockstar to ign that the game will be set in san andreas

I_live_cement

Cat freak
They claim that it's the biggest game they have created yet, so assuming they are refering to a size of the world created it will have to be four times the size of original Los Santos as well. Liberty City in IV was much bigger than the one in III as well.
Yeah it'll be a much more true to life depiction of LA, as it was for New York in GTA IV. So I expect the city to be pretty damn big.

Why is everyone still talking about where the game will be set in san andreas or just los santos? Its been confirmed by rockstar to ign that the game will be set in san andreas
I guess you didn't read the announcement properly then.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created"

That's from the official release statement in the link Marchi posted. Nothing about the other cities from the state of San Andreas.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
How do you reckon it would run on a two year old macbook pro 13"?
Probably not too good. I just had a quick read through a few reviews on the App Store and there are quite a few complaints about the game lagging on a 2009/4GB model.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still have it on PS2. Can play it on my PS3.

vanthaman

Winner
just remembered i bought GTA collection for a fiver last week on Steam, might have to install san andreas as i never really played much of it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Depends how old your PS3 is, if it is an original model then yes it is backwards compatible with PS2, if it is newer then ... no.
It wasn't a question. I was saying I can play it on my PS3.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
It makes sense if it is only Los Santos. Liberty City was remade because they thought that it wasn't done terribly well the first time around, whereas San Andreas neglected the individual cities completely making them weak on their own. Vice City on the otherhand remains to be popular and well made hence it probably will not be redone.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I suspect it will be more fun than GTA IV, I hated the massive shift towards realism in IV. GTA is wacky.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I reckon the next one is back to Vice Brian

I suspect it will be more fun than GTA IV, I hated the massive shift towards realism in IV. GTA is wacky.
The only think more life like in IV besides the obvious graphics, was the friendship thing and story line. In fact it kind of regressed. In SA you could put on and lose weight, raise sex appeal, hunger, stamina, muscle etc. Have many numerous girlfriends all wanting different things. You could also learn different styles of fighting.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I reckon the next one is back to Vice Brian

The only think more life like in IV besides the obvious graphics, was the friendship thing and story line. In fact it kind of regressed. In SA you could put on and lose weight, raise sex appeal, hunger, stamina, muscle etc. Have many numerous girlfriends all wanting different things. You could also learn different styles of fighting.

Though the cities in SA were very limited so there could be three of them.

If they focus on a Los Angeles model then I would be surprised if they then did a Miami version.

If it stays in the US then Houston and Washington would be obvious choices.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Though the cities in SA were very limited so there could be three of them.

If they focus on a Los Angeles model then I would be surprised if they then did a Miami version.

If it stays in the US then Houston and Washington would be obvious choices.
I don't think either really appeal to the audience. Washington doesn't really have that charm of crime like New York and La, and Vice do. Yes it's dangerous, but it's most racial crime. You also have corruption, but I don't think thats something that would deal that well in Washington itself.

I'd love for them to do a states thing.

Tokyo-Hong Kong/Macau-Bangkok
London-Paris-Madrid
New York-Atlantic City-Chicago

Kinky Melinky

I tried several times but just couldn't get in to IV, have loved all the others though so hopefully this'll rekindle my interest

i'd have liked to see them go with a more international flavour, somewhere like Rio would've been immense
I didn't bother with it based on reviews on here, as well as some conversations with friends. Most were saying it got far to cinematic. I gotta say, I fell head over heels in love with Vice City. Absolutely cracking game

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The driving ruined it for me. Bought the whole set on PC the other day for peanuts. Loaded up Vice City. Had way more fun just driving around looking for hidden packages than I did doing anything in GTA IV. feck the pigeons.

forevrared

The driving ruined it for me. Bought the whole set on PC the other day for peanuts. Loaded up Vice City. Had way more fun just driving around looking for hidden packages than I did doing anything in GTA IV. feck the pigeons.
I quit shooting pigeons because inevitably there would be a cop 5 streets away that heard the shot and they'd all start chasing.