Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Abizzz

Enjoyable gameplay would be nice
I have hundreds if not thousands of hours just playing sumo/rpg vs. insergent/racing in GTA online and people will still tell you online has no game play because it's too much for them to grasp it all.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have hundreds if not thousands of hours just playing sumo/rpg vs. insergent/racing in GTA online and people will still tell you online has no game play it's too much for them to grasp it all.
Given that Rockstar games have some of the most bland gameplay mechanics among the better studios (as they obviously are) I find that extremely hard to believe. What next ? FIFA is just too realistic!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think we probably need to wait for the second trailer before really understanding where we're at in terms of scope with this game.

When you actually analysis the trailer, it appears like a lot of the footage comes from the opening robbery by Lucia and other guy. On top of that the other included footage seems to be like local News cinematics which won't be actual in game footage. So the actual question is how much of the trailer is actually genuine. I'm sure they're not going to take the piss mind and I'm hopeful that we'll actually see the gameplay be similar to that in the trailer.

It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous game to just drive around in. Given that there's rain in the trailer i'm really hoping we'll get a proper weather system too.

MiceOnMeth

I think we probably need to wait for the second trailer before really understanding where we're at in terms of scope with this game.

When you actually analysis the trailer, it appears like a lot of the footage comes from the opening robbery by Lucia and other guy. On top of that the other included footage seems to be like local News cinematics which won't be actual in game footage. So the actual question is how much of the trailer is actually genuine. I'm sure they're not going to take the piss mind and I'm hopeful that we'll actually see the gameplay be similar to that in the trailer.

It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous game to just drive around in. Given that there's rain in the trailer i'm really hoping we'll get a proper weather system too.
Digital foundry said 80% of the trailer is in game footage and are confident the game will look pretty much like the trailer (if not better seen as it's still 18-24 months out).

RDR2 had some stunning weather effects on ps4 so I'm expecting GTAVI to go absolute ham with stuff like storms given the vastly superior ps5 hardware!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Given that Rockstar games have some of the most bland gameplay mechanics among the better studios (as they obviously are) I find that extremely hard to believe. What next ? FIFA is just too realistic!
I love this - someone tells you they’ve spent a long time playing a game and your response is ‘I don’t believe you because that doesn’t fit my narrative!’

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm pretty sure the story is going to be based around a cop that goes undercover and falls in love with the criminal. You'll get to do both police busts and heists which will be quite fun. I assume a choice at the end will be to either drive off together. Kill someone or arrest the lass. This will also really help the online version too as it gives you more scope to enter the roleplay scenarios that No Pixel etc. have harassed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think the gunplay in Red Dead is superb to be honest. Not sure why it gets so much stick. The main thing is the engine is amazing so the physics are just too tier.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm pretty sure the story is going to be based around a cop that goes undercover and falls in love with the criminal. You'll get to do both police busts and heists which will be quite fun. I assume a choice at the end will be to either drive off together. Kill someone or arrest the lass. This will also really help the online version too as it gives you more scope to enter the roleplay scenarios that No Pixel etc. have harassed.
The trailer shows 3 parts of Lucias story in my opinion.

1. The first robbery (most of the scenes are from this)
2. Prison (is this just a story mechanic for her to explain her side of the story or actually part of the game itself?)
3. Luxury lifestyle (this is where I think the plot will deviate, see below)

Point 3 I think is hinted at with the choice of the song in the trailer, you also see it in the trailer she's on the top of the skyscraper in the bikini, but also she's standing up in the red sportscar alongside the fella. So my guess they both get involved with some very rich people and she/they becomes distracted by it all. Which eventually forms a wedge in their relationship. Perhaps Prison is the reality check for Lucia and the second half of the game is her redemption arc?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You can still boof prossies though, yeah?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
No point of even getting the game now

When's gta 7 out?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, I'm gonna need a timeline on this.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The animations seem waaaaay too good to be true the more I watch the trailer. Plus the density.

Cyberpunk launch broke my heart so Im slightly sceptical for now.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The animations seem waaaaay too good to be true the more I watch the trailer. Plus the density.

I know what you mean, but look at what they achieved with GTA V. Now give them an extra decade and much more powerful consoles.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

If there’s one thing Rockstar do well it’s release polished games. They have almost unlimited resources.

Hoof the ball

It's been speculated that what you're seeing in the trailer is a reverse. The beginning of the trailer is the end of the prologue. The end of the trailer is the beginning of the prologue. The reason this has been suggested is that in the game poster, Lucia is wearing an electronic tag around her ankle, whereas, at the end of the trailer she doesn't. There seems to be an opinion that the first scene of the trailer with Lucia is prior to being let out on parole (hence the electronic tag), and the game takes place from there.

There's also some speculation that just like in RDR2, if people see a crime they'll report it, however, because GTA VI is social media themed, there's a chance that bystanders will take videos of you doing things like robbing places or beating someone up and it going on social media and that playing into the idea of 'notoriety'. Could also tie in with the parole prologue ending where you have to be on your 'best behaviour'.

Obviously speculation right now, though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's been speculated that what you're seeing in the trailer is a reverse. The beginning of the trailer is the end of the prologue. The end of the trailer is the beginning of the prologue. The reason this has been suggested is that in the game poster, Lucia is wearing an electronic tag around her ankle, whereas, at the end of the trailer she doesn't. There seems to be an opinion that the first scene of the trailer with Lucia is prior to being let out on parole (hence the electronic tag), and the game takes place from there.

There's also some speculation that just like in RDR2, if people see a crime they'll report it, however, because GTA VI is social media themed, there's a chance that bystanders will take videos of you doing things like robbing places or beating someone up and it going on social media and that playing into the idea of 'notoriety'. Could also tie in with the parole prologue ending where you have to be on your 'best behaviour'.

Obviously speculation right now, though.
Say speculation one more god damn time!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hope we have a similar level of interaction with NPCs as in RDR2 even if there will probably a lot more in this game. The most enjoyable aspect of RDR2 for me was Arthur being needlessly agressive, tying someone who did nothing etc etc...

Herman Toothrot

I hope we have a similar level of interaction with NPCs as in RDR2 even if there will probably a lot more in this game. The most enjoyable aspect of RDR2 for me was Arthur being needlessly agressive, tying someone who did nothing etc etc...
I enjoyed luring people in with a friendly "Howdy", then following up with a quick “Who let the simpleton out of the asylum?”

So much needless death.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im hoping we get to feed npc's to alligators