Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Also, can I point out the sheer fecking scale of this map. That opening shot, pause it. Left is the city centre, but right in the distance on the right you have some huge buildings, some type of factory and the distance looks huge. In the centre of the screen is where the Prison is, you can see the Prison towers.

Feel like this map is going to be fecking massive. Like gigantic.

Withnail

Since Elon said he can't play GTA because he can't get himself to commit virtual crimes I had an epiphany and can no longer play this either. From here on out I will be free of negative actions and thought like Lord Musk.
Just when I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
did they show what happens when you boof prossies in your car? the motion used to get me started but moving the camera around to the front of the car, and seeing them just sitting there motionless, really knocked me out of my stride.
Zoomed in, full penetration. And when I say "full" I mean everything goes in - even the giblets. All recreated in 8k definition. Even if your TV doesn't handle 8k, it will for the prossie boofing scenes. Because this game was made in a place mere yards away from an underground museum for dinosaurs, and mere feet away from the building where the SNP waste all of my money on fecking ferries that dont work. Video game magic.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
3 major cities: possibly Miami/Tampa/Orlando?

Not much landscape diversity compared to San Andreas, all you have is beaches, swamps and urban sprawl

South Florida is a major international hub for both legal and illegal activity, so I'm sure the agencies and gangs/groups involved will feature heavily in the storyline

Adding LIV/King of Diamonds with real bottle sparklers and fake posteriors is a nice touch :D

I'll probably get the PS5 just for this release.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The subreddit is decent for some extra stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/s/iQ46Iixx8q
Comparison video with the GTAV trailer.

Accuracy between game and real life.

Look at the size of that skyline.

Look at the size of those artificial... City views.

Last edited:

RedTiger

Half mast

Not much landscape diversity compared to San Andreas, all you have is beaches, swamps and urban sprawl

South Florida is a major international hub for both legal and illegal activity, so I'm sure the agencies and gangs/groups involved will feature heavily in the storyline

Adding LIV/King of Diamonds with real bottle sparklers and fake posteriors is a nice touch :D

I bet one of the cities is a Caribbean city ala Havana, San Juan or Kingston probably accessed by commercial flights.

I'd hope so anyway.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, I'm discussing this with a mate @Mr Pigeon . You can see the sheer scale of the City in a few of the shots, it's a little deceptive given the design of Vice City with the water in the bay but this is clearly substantially larger than GTAV. You can see the scale references in a few of the shots.

The two Miami beach shots tells you how long the city itself is. You can see the same building in both shots.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

So far three different police forces have been spotted in the trailer. Miami-Dade, Florida Highway Patrol and Broward County Sheriffs. I have absolutely no idea what that means but hopefully someone else does, and maybe it relates to your thoughts.

Edit: Tampa might indeed be in it - https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/s/TDavVaIGSQ

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
:lol:

I can't remember if it was you, or one of the others on here, but I remember doing a mission with them, and we started it and both ran to my car. But before they got in, then stopped, ran down the street, punched an old woman to the ground, then ran back to my car, got in and didn't say a word!

Was one of the most violent things I have seen in GTA in it's own way!!
:lol: I do hate old people so may have been me, but there were a few psychos who were in the red cafe gta group so could be a few people tbh :lol:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The subreddit is decent for some extra stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/s/iQ46Iixx8q
Comparison video with the GTAV trailer.

Accuracy between game and real life.

Look at the size of that skyline.

Look at the size of those artificial... City views.
It is impressive looking but at the same time I still think Florida cities are some of the most god forsaken places on planet earth. It works for GTA because you don't feel concerned about crashing into things or blowing shit up and everything has oodles of space - but there is nothing inspiring about these places otherwise. Hopefully a lot of the places in between and nature will make up for it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It is impressive looking but at the same time I still think Florida cities are some of the most god forsaken places on planet earth. It works for GTA because you don't feel concerned about crashing into things or blowing shit up and everything has oodles of space - but there is nothing inspiring about these places otherwise.
Miami is pretty cool?

Charlie Foley

I would love a Baltimore setting. Make it like the wire. There’s water access with the harbour. If you want a second city DC is right down the road. Eastern shore for rural shenanigans. The Bay Bridge is huge

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I would love a Baltimore setting. Make it like the wire. There’s water access with the harbour. If you want a second city DC is right down the road. Eastern shore for rural shenanigans. The Bay Bridge is huge
Ohh I like this. The whole DMV plus Baltimore would indeed offer a lot of variation.

Edit: also the fun they could have with the national politics presence would be gold.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
@Mr Pigeon

I think I can break that theory above in one simple way.

This appears to me like the same building just at a different angle. It's a pretty unique looking building given the diagonal drop on one side.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@Mr Pigeon

I can break that theory above in one simple way.

This appears to me like the same building just at a different angle. It's a pretty unique looking building given the diagonal drop on one side.

Dammit. Game's going to be shit.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Dammit. Game's going to be shit.
Sorry to crash the party. :D

I think what we're looking at. The day time shot looking over the Miami beach is obviously looking West to East. I think the sunrise shot is looking from the North West looking South East but it's actually deceptively far away from the city, thus the tall radio tower is out of shot in the day time view. So you're basically looking at the Northern outskirts of the city in that sunrise shot.

I imagine they've probably taken inspiration from other cities and thrown it in to make the surrounding areas more interesting so wouldn't shock me if they've taken inspiration from Tampa. After all this isn't a recreation of Miami, it's just the built up city centre is heavily influenced. But why not have influences from other cities to make the exterior suburbs more interesting?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Would Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans or Atlanta be cool settings for future GTA releases?

Zen

GTA6 is still 2 years away.... and people think there's going to future releases in their lifetimes? :nervous:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
GTA6 is still 2 years away.... and people think there's going to future releases in their lifetimes? :nervous:
I’ll be buying GTA VII aged 45 and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why not NY as the setting?
Maybe unpopular but I have always disliked the Liberty City maps. GTA 3 and 4 are good games but the city is dark, dingy and the roads aren't big enough to go full throttle with the cars for long enough.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe unpopular but I have always disliked the Liberty City maps. GTA 3 and 4 are good games but the city is dark, dingy and the roads aren't big enough to go full throttle with the cars for long enough.
Yeah same. Liberty City was just grey and felt cramped.